Spyder Garage

Default Trailering the F3

Looking for unconventional tie down solutions. Just bought a 2010 Coachman toyhauler. The only way I can install tie downs directly in front of the front wheels is to remove the trailer water tank. That isn't going to happen.
    One thought I had with the existing tie downs is to secure the bike fore and aft through the rear tire and wheel and chock the dickens out of all three tired.
    Looking for thoughts and serious opinions.
    Thanks Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

This may work for you. Put some E Track on or in the floor. Then use a atv chock and strap kit attached to the E Track.
    Last edited by billybovine; 06-10-2018 at 07:56 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

This is what I am thinking.

e track chock.jpg

Since this is for a toy hauler and the E Track would be uncomfortable to walk on. Build up the rest of the floor the same thickness as the E Track. 2 tracks the same length as the Spyder. 2 chocks and straps for the front wheels. 2 straps and E Track eyelets to stop the rear from moving sideways.
    Last edited by billybovine; 06-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

e track chock.jpg

Since this is for a toy hauler and the E Track would be uncomfortable to walk on. Build up the rest of the floor the same thickness as the E Track. 2 tracks the same length as the Spyder. 2 chocks and straps for the front wheels. 2 straps and E Track eyelets to stop the rear from moving sideways.
    Hadn't thought about E track. I could maybe get away with screwing it to the floor vice through bolting it. Hmmmm Thanks
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

e track chock.jpg

I used this on my Trailer without the wheel chocks.

Chris
    One of the FIRST to own a Spyder 2008 No.2817 Premier Edition Spyder GS. I knew a good thing when I saw it!!

2016 F3-T, LED Headlights, Frnt. & Bck. Side Marker Lights, Back Frnt. Fender Lights, Trailer Hitch. Floor Boards Frnt. and Bck. Third Brake light. Cannonball seats. F4 24" windshileld. ( CAT Delete Pipe (muffler bck. on) ) 2003 Valkyrie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You don't need e-track if you only haul one bike in the same location. E- track is about flexibility in load management. We use a single chock for the back wheel, tied down and toward the chock with two straps. Back the rear wheel against the chock and strap it down.

Somewhere I've got photos just not in my phone.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap