Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle dealers in Cleveland area

My grandson lives just west of downtown Cleveland. He bought an '81 Honda CX500 a couple of years that I rebuilt for him. Now it has what seems like carb problems and I have rebuilt and reviewed five plus times without resolution. That's the background. I have thrown in the towel on the Honda and have decided to assist in his purchase of a new to him used bike.
    He is 28 and tall drink of water at 6'5" and maybe 160 pounds. He did not find the Honda very comfortable after a few hours in the saddle.
    Now the question: looking for dealers with used inventory that has a good reputation for treating customers right and has an honest service facility. I would like to give him suggestions on models that may be considered based on his physical stature and based on input from folks who know. He is not interested in Spyder, yet.
    Thanks in advance.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

I’ve purchased from Rick Roush and State8 (Medina and Cuyahoga Falls). I was happy with the deals that I got but have no idea what their overall reputation is. Cleveland Moto (Kamm’s Corner) sells Moto Guzman, Zero, and a variety of scooters and would be my first choice for a dealer if I was in the market. Johnny K’s is the local Can-am dealer.

Hopefully some of our long-time Ohio residences will chime in and set you/me straight.

Spyder Garage

Default Still looking

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross View Post
    I’ve purchased from Rick Roush and State8 (Medina and Cuyahoga Falls). I was happy with the deals that I got but have no idea what their overall reputation is. Cleveland Moto (Kamm’s Corner) sells Moto Guzman, Zero, and a variety of scooters and would be my first choice for a dealer if I was in the market. Johnny K’s is the local Can-am dealer.

Hopefully some of our long-time Ohio residences will chime in and set you/me straight.
    So far he has checked out State8 and Cleveland Moto. It appears he is gravitating to the Harleys and those with forward controls. He is still looking so any suggestions would be appreciated.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

Spyder Garage

If your grandson is gravitating to the Harleys, Western Reserve Harley Davidson is where I purchase my Harleys from. (over the last 20 years 4 so far) The latest last November a Street Glide for the wife.

Western Reserve Harley is located in Mentor OH which is about 20 miles east of downtown Cleveland. They have never done wrong by me. The owners are very nice and their sales, parts & service departments are good. Have your grandson get in touch with Burd in sales at Western Reserve.

Any of the Harley touring bikes are good for taller riders.
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Is Southeast Harley-Davidson still in business?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KosherKid View Post
    Is Southeast Harley-Davidson still in business?
    Yes they are. There is also Rock & Roll Harley on W150th at Brookpark Rd near the airport. I do not have any experience dealing with them other than purchasing tee-shirts from them.
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Paased on

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I have passed them on to my grandson. He is going to have a busy weekend looking at the offerings these folks i'm sure will have to show him.

Spyder Garage

Default Bought a bike...

...from J&J Motors in Massilon. He got a 2009 Sportster Nightster for &4,900 + tax and fees. He is now planning to build a small shed in his backyard to store it.

Thanks for the input guys.