Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Pics of Pitbull jack

20180606_153444.jpg20180606_153512.jpg20180606_153524.jpg20180606_153530.jpg20180606_153542.jpg

Finally took pics of Spyder on Pitbull jack. Have not added extension yet, but does fine without. Lifs 26 inches.
    2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    20180606_153444.jpg20180606_153512.jpg20180606_153524.jpg20180606_153530.jpg20180606_153542.jpg

Finally took pics of Spyder on Pitbull jack. Have not added extension yet, but does fine without. Lifs 26 inches.
    Just does not look safe to me. That is just me maybe if I was beside it it is more stable than it looks in pictures. I don't think I would want to work under it like changing the sway bar.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    Just does not look safe to me. That is just me maybe if I was beside it it is more stable than it looks in pictures. I don't think I would want to work under it like changing the sway bar.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its fine as long as you place the jack in the correct area. If removing anything place jack stands or supports for added safety.

Just dont remove your wheels without jack stands or supports or it will tip.

Now if you do have the Spyder adapter that would help a whole lot but still use jack stands.

I use one all the time but you have to know to be safe about it.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks for the pics. I will have my J&S Jack tomorrow and when Red gets out of the Spyder hospital I will try and do the same so people can have some comparison and make their own decision. I will say I bet ordering was a lot better with Pitbull.

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't know SpyderJerry if I ran into him on the street, but I think he's just showing how sweet that jack works to get the spyder in the air to block it up then get under it.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default safety

It is very safe, has manual locks. Yes you can roll bike around shop on it and it does not body roll. There is a video on youtube about it. And I replaced sway bar with it. I looked at many units before purchasing. I have been a mechanic for over 50 years. jacks stands are always required when using a lift.
    2014 RT SE6

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lift and Safety Stands

A nice Lift and Always use Safety Stands.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I still like to see a pic of the spyder adapter. I have one for a Harley trike but not the spyder

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

also

Spyder Garage

It is very safe, has manual locks. Yes you can roll bike around shop on it and it does not body roll. There is a video on youtube about it. And I replaced sway bar with it. I looked at many units before purchasing. I have been a mechanic for over 50 years. jacks stands are always required when using a lift.
    I agree. I have been lifting my Spyder and Valkyrie for years with a very similar lift from Sears.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

To adapt the lift for your Spyder did you just have to add the wooden rails shown in the pics?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I still like to see a pic of the spyder adapter. I have one for a Harley trike but not the spyder
    See my post, #3 on this thread for pictures of my Spyder adapter.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...95#post1333695

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

THE PITBULL IS VERY STABLE AND DONT USE STANDS WHEN JUST CLEANING. .BUT FOR ANY WORK I ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS.. I HAVE A 2014 RTL NO ADAPTER NEEDED NO ISSUES
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

Default pitbull adapter pic

20180607_104817.jpg20180607_104812.jpg20180607_104806.jpg20180607_104757.jpgHere are comparison and adapter pics. Simple angle iron bolted on.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default UNSAFE

UNSAFE @ ANY SPEED....

i have the same jack, mine came from HARBOR FREIGHT....
    i would NEVER jack my F3 up like this to work on it... any wrong move and your SPYD3R would come tumbling down... i would STRONGLY advise anyone that uses this jack to never use it in this manner...

jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Lift

I just recieved my J&S jack today. Although my Spyder is still in the shop I assembled the jack and it is built solid. Not sure about the Pitbull jack but I could only assume it is nearly the same. The J&S jack with the Spyder adapter is designed to lift the bike in a manner same as the what is pictured with the Pitbull jack, once lifted to the desired position you put the position stops in place and release the pressure from the jack so that you are not relying on the bottle jack to hold the weight.

From what I can tell from talking to others the bike is pretty stable in that position (Still I would place stands under it as you can never be too safe) Once I get the Spyder back I will do a pic and video test on the stability, as long as I'm not underneath it the worst that can happen is I have an insurance claim.

Again the Jack is solid, the package with the just the jack alone was 100 lbs and the adapter has to be 20 lbs if not more.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

20180607_104817.jpg20180607_104812.jpg20180607_104806.jpg20180607_104757.jpgHere are comparison and adapter pics. Simple angle iron bolted on.
    I think the problem is not with the jack tipping over, but with the Spyder tipping off the jack. I don't see how the adapter helps. What am I missing?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default tipping

It is very stable, but if you feel uncomfortable mine has a ratchet strap to tie it down to the jack. Here are a couple of videos

2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe

Looking at the adapter the front is longer which extends nearly across the whole spyder. On the back side it appears there is a raised rubber block that fits into an opening in front of the exhaust. Now I have not used the Pitbull or J&S as I just got it today but when I get my RT out of the shop I plan to do full review and video, I will also rock the spyder a bit to see how stable it is and give all a clear picture of how it works and if it truly is as solid as they claim when lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think the problem is not with the jack tipping over, but with the Spyder tipping off the jack. I don't see how the adapter helps. What am I missing?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is very stable, but if you feel uncomfortable mine has a ratchet strap to tie it down to the jack.
    Here's a comparison video. I think based on this I'd go with the J&S.

2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I been using a jack that way before pitbull or anyone else. Think I had one of the first versions. Now is that adapter from PITBULL or did you make and put that on. If you were to put the in the side (Left or right) of the Spyder how does that adapter support the bike?

I am and picturing it more in line with the rear shock area to balance the load of the bike.

Guess I am confused how that angle iron supports the Spyder?
    Last edited by trikermutha; 06-07-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    See my post, #3 on this thread for pictures of my Spyder adapter.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...95#post1333695
    I dont think that would work on a Pitbull or after market type of jack.

Thanks for the link!

Spyder Garage

Default support

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I been using a jack that way before pitbull or anyone else. Think I had one of the first versions. Now is that adapter from PITBULL or did you make and put that on. If you were to put the in the side (Left or right) of the Spyder how does that adapter support the bike?

I am and picturing it more in line with the rear shock area to balance the load of the bike.

Guess I am confused how that angle iron supports the Spyder?
    With it mounted as it is, I go under from the right side. It then is under framd and side supports. The back is under the frame in front of the exhaust. It is a legth of agle iron bolted to jack. This is on an RT, Other models may balance different.
    2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With it mounted as it is, I go under from the right side. It then is under framd and side supports. The back is under the frame in front of the exhaust. It is a legth of agle iron bolted to jack. This is on an RT, Other models may balance different.
    I still don't understand what that piece of angle iron does.
    2014 RTL Platinum