Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Just got mine installed today and it really does make quite a difference. The bike feels more planted to the ground.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I agree with what Wmaoter says. So how does one buy the sway bar from Ron if you don't do Facebook? I do not do FB for a number of reasons but cannot find a way to buy directly from Ron any other way. Anybody have an answer?
    Don't buy anything from me on eBay. I have to charge more there to cover the eBay fees. And frankly, even the increased cost doesn't cover it all. Plus, eBay will charge you tax. Nothing I can do about that. If you call me at the shop (we are open 8-5, M-F, EST) (423)-609-7588, and you live outside of Tennessee. I won't charge you tax (Facebook also charges tax). As you can imagine, the savings are substantial for something like a sway bar kit. You can also email at fyredad@hotmail.com to purchase.

We will have a web page someday. But we are so busy shipping product, that we just never seem to get to it.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-31-2022 at 07:42 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I did the early model of Rons sway bar without replacing the original links--No problem after 6K miles so far.
    Darrell
    I am glad that you are having good luck with your original, plastic end links. I know this is an old post and I am very sorry that I did not see this sooner. But PLEASE! Don't do this!

The original links are a plastic composite. They stretch and compress just a little bit every time you go around a corner. They do hold up pretty well with the stock sway bar. But riders have experienced failures of these end links even with the stock sway bar. My upgrade sway bar puts a great deal more stress on these end links. It's the only way to improve handling. Running one of my sway bar kits with original plastic links greatly increases the chance of failure.

Typically, you can expect the plastic end links to fail at the worst possible time. When you are hard into a turn and putting maximum stress on the sway bar components. Those plastic pieces are definitely the weak link. If one fails, it will likely come without warning and create an event that you are not going to like.

It's not a matter of me trying to sell you something that you don't need. And it is not my intention to employ any scare tactic to make a sale. It is simply a matter of safety, which I take very seriously. Frankly, I would rather give you a set of end links than have you riding around on plastic for the lack of $69.00.

Our end links are rated to over 6,500 lbs. Which is overkill as the sway bar system will never exert anywhere near that much stress on any component. But when it comes to safety, overkill makes me feel very good. I want my customers to enjoy their ride and never have to worry about a failure.

As I said, I know this is an old post. And I hope you are still enjoying a safe ride. But let's get you a set of end links. I've sent you a PM.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-05-2022 at 11:44 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have one of these BAJARON/LAMONSTER setups listed for sale right now. MN members only right now.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...e-to-face-only

T.P.