Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    What year and model Spyder do you have? What was the correct Part Number you ordered?
    I have yet to put Speed Bleeders on my 2017 F3L as I only had it since Feb. and only have 400+ miles on it due to life getting in the way. But I will be ordering (by phone) soon.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

does anyone have a part # for 2015 RT Speed Bleeder?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    does anyone have a part # for 2015 RT Speed Bleeder?
    It's best to look up their phone number and call in your order, they will send you the correct ones. As I posted above.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I sent them an email today. Witney replied and I've ordered Speed Bleeders for my F-250, CRV and F3 Limited.

F3

Front……SB8125L

Rear…….SB8125L

ABS Unit….SB1010S
    -Steve

2016 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is a copy of my order for my 2014 RTS...I have a ISCI hand brake kit...

Order Summary
    Speed Bleeder Bag & Hose Combo SB9010 Speed Bleeder Bag & Hose Combo
    $6.00 x 1

$6.00

SB1010S / 9407, H9407, 9497-2, H9497-2 Speed Bleeder SB1010S SB1010S / 9407, H9407, 9497-2, H9497-2 Speed Bleeder
    $7.00 x 1

$7.00

SB6100 / 9417, H9417 Speed Bleeder SB6100 SB6100 / 9417, H9417 Speed Bleeder
    $7.00 x 1

$7.00

SB8125L / 9405, H9405, 9422, H9422 Speed Bleeder SB8125L SB8125L / 9405, H9405, 9422, H9422 Speed Bleeder
    $7.00 x 3

$21.00

Spyder Garage

That's a very fair price for the great convenience Speed Bleeders provide. Not to forget to mention the firm pedal and lever they give you.

Spyder Garage

Update

The SB8125LL does not fit into the F3 banjo bolt where the original bleeder comes out. I've sent in more information about the bolt to settle on what's going on. Now I need my wife to get home so I can have her help me bleed the air out of the line....

The reality is, I think you only need 1 speed bleeder to bleed these brakes plus one of the abs unit. Everything else I was able to bleed the normal way using one hand on the brake pedal and the other on the wrench.

I still intend to put speed bleeders on, but for those who want to be smart with their money, you probably don't need them on every fitting on the bike.
    -Steve

2016 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    How about if you had a bleed bottle with a check valve in it, for under $27.00?

It's a one person bleed system that works slick as a whistle.
    That sounds like a good idea. I ordered speed bleeders for my 2011 rt, but might make up a set up for other vehicles I have. My 2011 have 8mm bleeders and found 2 pairs on Amazon for 26.50 delivered, but the manufacturer doesn't have a 6mm for 2013 and later.

Spyder Garage

I have speedbleeders on the 2012 RTL...however not on the VSS/ABS....I don't have BUDS....I'm good with about a 90% fluid exchange. The BUDS can measure hydraulic pressure as well as other factors-I've been corrected by purists on this matter that it is important since afterall ya need to stop and other systems are tied into this algorithm-but we all get to make our own decisions -some good some bad. I'm happy for the most part. I'm not happy in comparing my 2014 RTS Brembo brakes vs my 2012 RTL brakes....the early brakes in comparison are poor. I know both Lamonster and BAJARON support the idea that changing rotors and pads on the pre brembo SPYDERS brakes can help increase functionality. Well-I don't think they could possibly get any worse so there's that thought.
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    I have speedbleeders on the 2012 RTL...however not on the VSS/ABS....I don't have BUDS....I'm good with about a 90% fluid exchange. The BUDS can measure hydraulic pressure as well as other factors-I've been corrected by purists on this matter that it is important since afterall ya need to stop and other systems are tied into this algorithm-but we all get to make our own decisions -some good some bad. I'm happy for the most part. I'm not happy in comparing my 2014 RTS Brembo brakes vs my 2012 RTL brakes....the early brakes in comparison are poor. I know both Lamonster and BAJARON support the idea that changing rotors and pads on the pre brembo SPYDERS brakes can help increase functionality. Well-I don't think they could possibly get any worse so there's that thought.
    I assume that both yourself as well as Motorsicle realize that this is a 2 year old thread? just sayin.....

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

speedbleeder.com has a chart on the web site.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    IMHO I doubt there is 10% of the brake fluid for the ABS portion of the system .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I've used this https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0143 from Motion Pro for years and it works excellent.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I've used this https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0143 from Motion Pro for years and it works excellent.
    There are a number of aids that make the bleeding process easier. But this won't get the ABS module bled. I am in the camp that it's not necessary. The amount of fluid in the ABS unit is relatively small. And the system is not static. The fluid gets moved around. So, changing it ever 2 years or so is going to keep the system more than clean enough.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-15-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Haven't bled the ABS on 1330 yet, but on the 998's I used a 1/4 drive socket with about 12" extension with a 1/2" socket. Took off tupperware on left side, lowered the socket down center front of the engine. Was able to put one eye on the bleeder and got socket on the bleeder. Cracked it open, made a mess (pump pedal tighten method), but all brake codes went away and pedal became rock solid. This was on a 2008GS, probably minute air builds up over many bleeds and pad changes IMHO.

Also to be fair not messing with ABS bleeding unless pedal is squishy with a fresh three wheel bleed. I change out fluid by pulling thru 3 wheel's bleeders until all fluid replaced.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All I know for sure is when I bled my brakes using BUDS very little fluid came out from the ABS unit. Probably not more than a teaspoon.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)