Thread: BRP Made Good

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Made Good

As some of you may recall I had a not so pleasant experience with Roadside Assistance last week (Detailed in a thread titled Bad Day for Big Red). BLUF after all the challenges with Roadside I found my own towing and paid out of pocket when it should have been cover under warranty.

So I kindly wrote to BRP Care and stated my displeasure as to how the events unfolded. I was not looking for anything other then to vent my frustrations and to let them know the process needs to be addressed and their customers need to be taken care of.

To my surprise I received an email response almost immediately stating they have received my email and someone would be contacting me. With in an hour I got another email asking for the VIN #. Then a short time later they emailed again asking for the dealer/service center the bike was at and a copy of my receipt.

A short time later I received an email offering me $250.00 in BRP credit. Although it is not cash I appreciate the gesture and sure I'll find away to use it. I was truly in impressed by how quickly they replied and addressed the issue.

Still waiting on word how Big Reds hospital stay in going, hope to find out today.

Spyder Garage

that is a nice gesture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    So I kindly wrote to BRP Care and stated my displeasure as to how the events unfolded. I was not looking for anything other then to vent my frustrations and to let them know the process needs to be addressed and their customers need to be taken care of.

To my surprise I received an email response almost immediately stating they have received my email and someone would be contacting me. With in an hour I got another email asking for the VIN #. Then a short time later they emailed again asking for the dealer/service center the bike was at and a copy of my receipt.
    How did you contact them? Email? Snail mail? Would be good to know for future reference. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

A great gesture from BRP. Glad to see they are trying to be more pro-active when situations arise.

I have always wondered how it would work here in Alaska. Say, the breaks down somewhere around Barrow? The northernmost city in AK. Only about a thousand miles to the nearest dealer? I believe I would have to cut them a break in that situation.

I can already hear them saying..."you want a tow truck to where???
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-31-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default How nice...

It is a nice way to at least help out with the out of pocket cost. Hope they can work on the reason for it in the first place. They do come through from time to time and hope they continue to help us out....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Email

I sent email to brp.care@brp.com

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    How did you contact them? Email? Snail mail? Would be good to know for future reference. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah

Ha good luck with that one, they authorize $200.00 the rest is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A great gesture from BRP. Glad to see they are trying to be more pro-active when situations arise.

I have always wondered how it would work here in Alaska. Say, the breaks down somewhere around Barrow? The northernmost city in AK. Only about a thousand miles to the nearest dealer? I believe I would have to cut them a break in that situation.

I can already hear them saying..."you want a tow truck to where???

Spyder Garage

They do surprise us sometimes, don't they? As my momma used to say, "You can't get what you don't ask for."
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    As my momma used to say, "You can't get what you don't ask for."

I have asked for "Halle Berry" numerous times and nothing has happened

Spyder Garage

maybe wish for a video of chuck berry !!
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Good for them ..............................AND on YOU for following up and letting us know the rest of the story. Many would not have done so.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Attaboy, BRP!

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Response...

I have had my Spyder only a short time but had multiple SeaDoo's and BRP's response to inquiries was always quick, maybe not how I wanted but they did respond. I see their biggest challenge as the dealers.. to give credit where it's due..even within the dealers the response is variable. The response I rec'd from where I bought my bike put me in the negative but again it is variable. They, BRP will not know of problems without someone saying something..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I have asked for "Halle Berry" numerous times and nothing has happened

Obviously, you are asking at the wrong place. I did see that for about $10K you can get an anatomically correct look alike.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Obviously, you are asking at the wrong place. I did see that for about $10K you can get an anatomically correct look alike.
    Sweet! For a Cat Woman model...may be worth it! :P