Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default BRP BELT TENSIONER

I just purchased a factory BRP belt tensioner for $ 34.00. Took about 30 minutes to install. Took it for a test drive an the difference is amazing. No more belt vibration . I will attach photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Glad it's working for you. Just don't expect it to last a long time.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Why are people installing this? I don’t feel vibration and it’s expensive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    $34.00 is a lot of money
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post

This vibration seems to occur in most cases between 70 and 75 mph. If your belt doesn't vibrate around those speeds, then you have no need for this damper. Be happy and enjoy.

2014 Cognac RT Limited #185 (destroyed in T-Bone wreck 3/21/2014)
    2014 Cognac RT Limited #5333 (replacement 5/16/2014)
    2018 Champagne RT Limited #1002 (traded 1/31/2018)

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration Dampner

Quote Originally Posted by Wing11 View Post
    I just purchased a factory BRP belt tensioner for $ 34.00. Took about 30 minutes to install. Took it for a test drive an the difference is amazing. No more belt vibration . I will attach photos.
    Keep a very close eye on the BRP vibration dampener. They have a history of not lasting very long at all. Doc Humphrey at Roadster Renovation had a box FULL of the BRP failures with low miles. I seen him change one last year at the Maggie Valley rally that had either ( 400 or 4000 ) miles on it and it was SHOT. It was to the point of destroying the mans drive belt.
    I never want to wish anything bad on anyone, i hope yours last a long time, BUT, as history has proven, keep an eye on it.
    The one that Doc Humphreys sells from Roadster Renovation sells will last a LOOOONG time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The single bearing setup is a bit... sketchy!
    Doc's dual bearing setup on his does a much better job, and lasts a whole lot longer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    Keep a very close eye on the BRP vibration dampener. They have a history of not lasting very long at all. Doc Humphrey at Roadster Renovation had a box FULL of the BRP failures with low miles. I seen him change one last year at the Maggie Valley rally that had either ( 400 or 4000 ) miles on it and it was SHOT. It was to the point of destroying the mans drive belt.
    I never want to wish anything bad on anyone, i hope yours last a long time, BUT, as history has proven, keep an eye on it.
    The one that Doc Humphreys sells from Roadster Renovation sells will last a LOOOONG time.
    You have to ask why BRP would sell something with a 2 year warranty in U.K. if they fail in just a few hundred miles. Must be costing them a fortune in belt replacement. Sounds a bit like sour grapes from the aftermarket industry.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTman10 View Post
    You have to ask why BRP would sell something with a 2 year warranty in U.K. if they fail in just a few hundred miles. Must be costing them a fortune in belt replacement. Sounds a bit like sour grapes from the aftermarket industry.
    This is the video that I took from the Maggie Valley one. Also, earlier that day a ryder came in that had a ruined belt from the BRP unit's roller falling off. You will hear no sour grapes from me. I would like everyone to experience how much smoother their byke is on the highway. That way if/when the unit fails, they will want one that will last longer and that is usually us. We have dropped the price on both units; the F3 is $120 and the RT is now $165. Does not include shipping.

One caution; in order for that 2 year warranty to be good, it has to be installed by the dealer. At least that is the way it is in the States.

Spyder Garage

I wonder if the premature failures of the BRP unit may be due to them not being properly aligned with the belt? I could see that causing it to fail quick if it's not parallel to the belt and sideloading it.

I've had mine on now, with Doc's brackets, for several hundred miles and it's holding up great so far. If it ever fails I like that I can buy Doc's kit to add the rest of the kit onto his bracket I already have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by L_r_g View Post
    I wonder if the premature failures of the BRP unit may be due to them not being properly aligned with the belt? I could see that causing it to fail quick if it's not parallel to the belt and sideloading it.
    I looked and the roller is parallel with the belt. The outside of the roller is even with the belt, the inside hands over about 1/8 of a inch.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    One caution; in order for that 2 year warranty to be good, it has to be installed by the dealer. At least that is the way it is in the States.
    The dealer did install it. The wheel is smooth and the belt is ribbed, which is where I suspect the noise is coming from. Unless the ribs disappear, not sure how the noise will stop. Of course he did say get quieter, not stop.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wing11 View Post
    Do you have any whining noise from it? I had one installed yesterday and it has, what I describe as a whining noise. The tech said it would get better over the next week, and it has improved some already.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Google 606 2rs & 626 2rs bearings and order 1 each. Remove idler roller and press single bearing from roller. Install the 606 bearing in place of the original, The roller has a step in the bore that fits the 626 bearing. Install a 1/4 inch spacer between the bearings and get a 6mm bolt about 10mm longer. assemble and reinstall. You now have a durable roller assy.
    The 2 bearings should cost less than $2 each.

Spyder Garage

I bought doc and still got a vibrating around 58-66 mph what what be the next step to take y’all think

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuppy View Post
    I bought doc and still got a vibrating around 58-66 mph what what be the next step to take y’all think
    What is your belt tension setting?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...