Thread: YAWN

Spyder Garage

Unhappy YAWN

BORING! It's hard to find people who ride just to ride. I don't care what the weather is, I'll ride almost anytime. That is, except Sunday. Sundays belong to God. Also, it seems to me, that almost no Spyder Riders camp. What's that all about?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by moogully View Post
    BORING! It's hard to find people who ride just to ride. I don't care what the weather is, I'll ride almost anytime. That is, except Sunday. Sundays belong to God. Also, it seems to me, that almost no Spyder Riders camp. What's that all about?
    Not hard to find at all. We ride on Sunday's because the wife works retail and that's the only day the both of us are off. And we camp. Don't know about you.

20150915_115745 - Copy (Medium).jpg
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's okay to ryde on Sundays. Really.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

mWKC0N3wQvyorY4Uwd4%dQ.jpg
    Some of us still do, (even thought the darn picture is sideways) Just finished a 2100 mile camping trip to see the big trees, Sequoia National Park.

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

I ride with Angles on Sundays. Just like every other day. But, I try to not ride faster then them..... Use to camp but I got over it. Like a soft bed, air conditioning, and warm shower.
    Last edited by canamjhb; 05-30-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    mWKC0N3wQvyorY4Uwd4%dQ.jpg
    Some of us still do, (even thought the darn picture is sideways) Just finished a 2100 mile camping trip to see the big trees, Sequoia National Park.
    Well how cool is that ?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, not in Calif any longer, but when I did I rode on Sunday. Rode to Church, and home
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Reason for not much camping. The demographic is high 50's and up. My back stopped liking sleeping on the ground (we had pads and good sleeping bags) back in about 2000. When the spouse had to help me get off the ground one cool morning--that was the end of my overnight camping days.

Prior to that, we did several wilderness camping/canoe trips a season. Northern MN--Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Portaged from lake to lake, carried the canoes, food, and camping gear. Slept on the ground. Many times had a whole lake to ourselves, the moose, and the occasional black bear.

I now consider us as deserving of someone cooking our meals, making the beds, and tidying up the room. Leaves more time for sightseeing etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Not hard to find at all. We ride on Sunday's because the wife works retail and that's the only day the both of us are off. And we camp. Don't know about you.

20150915_115745 - Copy (Medium).jpg
    Looks like you rely rough it .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ride and camp for 2 weeks every year, rain or shine, we ride. put on roughly 5000 miles in those 2 weeks. 2015-08-19 19.46.33.jpg
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Not sure about his ryding preferences or if he camps but he is in your rough area.... look up JS3535, he's in Clovis....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Yes I am!

Here in Clovis, about 1.5 hours from you. I ride just about every weekend, usually up into the mountains. There s big fire going on there right now so maybe not that way for awhile but I’m always up for a ride somewhere. Let me know if you ever make it this far south.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I Ride Everywhere!

I ride everywhere I can. Has to be above 40 and no snow or nastiness on the ground. I don't camp in a tent anymore; arthritis, M.S., etc. make it too hard. Looking to get a toyhauler to camp in sometime soon.

Since I'm in Michigan, don't think we will start meeting for day rides.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It's okay to ryde on Sundays. Really.
    If God didn’t bless a Spyder it wouldn’t have been invented. Ride on Sunday’s.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hey moogully, from myself and all of us here that bothered to respond to the comments to your post, you are welcome!

It's too bad you haven't had the decency to come back and respond to your own thread. I must now assume that you were just a troll and you were trolling for responses to your "That is, except Sunday. Sundays belong to God" statement. I don't even see where you even bothered to click any "Likes" or "Thanks" for any of the replies.

Perhaps you are one of those Russians just trying to get folks to argue in order to sew discord in the US?
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default To the OP

Well it really is not hard to find people that ryde, and people really close to you that ryde. I am a member of Spyder Ryders of America Sacramento Chapter. We have rydes almost every weekend! My wife and I lead at least one ryde a month that we call "200 Miles to Lunch" (thanks Pin Cushion). On these rydes we travel anywhere from 200 to 400 miles round trip to a great lunch location. You will find all types of rydes on our web site srasacramento.com, you can find us at Meetup.com (just search "Spyder Ryders" with in 50 miles of you) and most of our rydes are open so that anyone can join, member or not.

So you see it it really isn't hard to find people who ryde, you just have to want to find them. You can PM me if you want to find out more. Also we have a rally coming up in September in Oroville! Check it out! Ihttps://norcalspyderrally.wixsite.com/ncsr
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

you can ride on sundays, god is always with you.