Thread: LIFTS

Spyder Garage

Default LIFTS

Does anybody here have experience with Pitbull Lifts for an RT. Specifically can you store your bike in the lifted position and can you move your Spyder while on the lift. I know a good majority have posted they use the Harbor Freight lift but it does not appear that the Spyder could stay in the lift position or be rotated while on the lift.

Spyder Garage

Default You are correct on HB lifts.

The wheels are locked in one direction. The PB lift does have the large swiveling wheels to rotate and move the bike. Won't be super easy, as the front wheels are still locked, but the PB lift is far better (and safer IMHO). The only other lift I saw that was top notch was on YouTube, a lift with a long screw that you use a drill to raise & lower, and the lift actually clamps to the shock and drivers floorboard (or peg) for safety. I didn't even bother to ask for $$, looked super expensive - but wow I wish i had one!!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info the BIG BLUE is about $700

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    The wheels are locked in one direction. The PB lift does have the large swiveling wheels to rotate and move the bike. Won't be super easy, as the front wheels are still locked, but the PB lift is far better (and safer IMHO). The only other lift I saw that was top notch was on YouTube, a lift with a long screw that you use a drill to raise & lower, and the lift actually clamps to the shock and drivers floorboard (or peg) for safety. I didn't even bother to ask for $$, looked super expensive - but wow I wish i had one!!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    Does anybody here have experience with Pitbull Lifts for an RT. Specifically can you store your bike in the lifted position and can you move your Spyder while on the lift. I know a good majority have posted they use the Harbor Freight lift but it does not appear that the Spyder could stay in the lift position or be rotated while on the lift.
    Well My HF lift can lift my RTL and I've moved it on the lift, though I've never had a need to rotate it. I'm working in a standard single stall of a 2 stall garage and can just walk around the Spyder when it's on the lift. I did lift it then pulled the lift w Spyder tires just clearing the garage floor away from one wall of the garage to center it up. Worked fine.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have a Big Blue and it works great!
    You could store your Spyder on the lift but you can not move it under load.
    The Big Blue only has mounts for the RT...
    Last edited by Purple Guy; 05-30-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull lift

I have one and like it a lot. It lifts 32 inches high, can store bike on it and roll aroung with bike on it. Very stable, I have not put an extension on it yet, it is stable enough without it.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

How much will you really have to move your Spyder when it's on a lift, or do you just want to save garage space? If it's the latter I'd buy three wheel dollies, use the lift to put them under the bike so it will roll more easily than trying to roll it on a lift. You can always store the lift under the Spyder when it's on the dollies. I wouldn't store my Spyder on a lift. Remember, Murphy was an optimist.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default J&S Jacks

I use the lift from J&S Jacks made for the RT. It has a protrusion on one of the lift arms that fits neatly in the frame of the Spyder for extra stability. You can use the air option to lift and lower or do it by hand.
    I can roll it from side to side but not rotate it.
    The ultimate solution - like suggested earlier - is to use a lift to put the spyder wheels on rollers if your main objective is just to roll it around the garage.

JSJACKS.COM if you want more info.
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights

Spyder Garage

Default J&S

Yeah I really liked the J&S jacks, just not the customer service. I ordered a J&S on 17 April 2018. I was told 2-3 weeks at 4 weeks I emailed and got the response there was a supplier delay, and that it would ship that week. Emailed week 5 and was told sorry but our packaging machine is broken and they would go out this week 6 weeks after ordering, I emailed today and no response, call and get voice mail.

Not once during this time have they reached out to me to say there is delays, they would rather just keep quiet. They charged my credit card over $600 on the 17th April. I think I have been fairly patient, however I'm not into crowdfunding and let someone hold my money without providing a product or at least the decency to reach out to their customer with updates, so I'll give them till tomorrow evening before I dispute the charge and cancel the order. Sadly I have created a word document with a large amount of other customers reporting similar issue with varied reason as to why they have not shipped.

The product seems rock solid but seems they have a failed process in place.

Ironically, I don't get an email about my order but I did receive and email that starting in June they would be raising their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    I use the lift from J&S Jacks made for the RT. It has a protrusion on one of the lift arms that fits neatly in the frame of the Spyder for extra stability. You can use the air option to lift and lower or do it by hand.
    I can roll it from side to side but not rotate it.
    The ultimate solution - like suggested earlier - is to use a lift to put the spyder wheels on rollers if your main objective is just to roll it around the garage.

JSJACKS.COM if you want more info.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 05-30-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input, how big of a footprint does Big Blue take when not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I have a Big Blue and it works great!
    You could store your Spyder on the lift but you can not move it under load.
    The Big Blue only has mounts for the RT...

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestion, mainly just need to rotate it in the garage during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    How much will you really have to move your Spyder when it's on a lift, or do you just want to save garage space? If it's the latter I'd buy three wheel dollies, use the lift to put them under the bike so it will roll more easily than trying to roll it on a lift. You can always store the lift under the Spyder when it's on the dollies. I wouldn't store my Spyder on a lift. Remember, Murphy was an optimist.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input, how big of a footprint does Big Blue take when not in use.
    As seen in the pic attached, it's about 2 feet, but really only about 8 inches for me, I pull my car in the garage and it easily clears the legs...

IMG_0568.jpg

Here's a link to a short video I did demoing it...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks again

Thanks again for the information and the nicely done video.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    As seen in the pic attached, it's about 2 feet, but really only about 8 inches for me, I pull my car in the garage and it easily clears the legs...

IMG_0568.jpg

Here's a link to a short video I did demoing it...

Spyder Garage

Default Lift F3

What is everyone using to lift their F3. I believe Pitbull has an option but wondering if anyone is using or has modified a J&S to work on an F3. The company does not seem interested in the product.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents