Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Get mine back today!!! But it’s raining!!! Don’t think I was to test it out in the rain (or do I?), might be a little crazy...or it might be fun.
    DO IT....DO IT!!!! you know you want to!!...Hook up your go pro camera and do it!!

Spyder Garage

I was just looking over Monsters web site. It lists "Gen 1" flash for 2014+ and "Gen 2" flash for 2017+. So, I guess it makes a difference what year bike you have. Not the "official" word. Just what's on their web site..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Well I did it....if I could of got traction I would let you know how it is. Roads were wet, Spyder was 90 degrees to the roadway, I got soaked...enough said until dry weather
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

I cant wait!!!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well I did it....if I could of got traction I would let you know how it is. Roads were wet, Spyder was 90 degrees to the roadway, I got soaked...enough said until dry weather
    I'm willing to bet..You enjoyed every minute of it!!...
    Welcome to the darkside!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    Monster Fuel Injection did the stage 2 on my F3s and in 46 years of modifying cars n motorcycles I’ve never seen / felt such a high return on my investment on any single modification like this!!
    Very satisfied customer here!!
    Ditto with my experience. I have spent thousands on race bikes to get a measly five hp. But to keep this in perspective, it's not the 25% gain in performance across the rpm range from the flash, it's that we were ROBBED by can-am of what the bike should have been. Especially on the F3 platform. In today's market most manufacturers give the consumer at least 1.3 hp per 10 cc of displacement including Can-Am in their other products, Snowmobile, Water Craft, and UTVs. We Spyder owners, who have the highest price tag of ANY market product get LESS THAN .8 hp per 10 cc of displacement.
    There is the rub for me.
    Dennis
    ps. I know most RT owners give a rats ass about getting more power. But, come on man my F3 deserved at least the basic market average hp!
    even after the stage two flash it is still only about .95 hp per 10 cc of displacement.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Ditto with my experience. I have spent thousands on race bikes to get a measly five hp. But to keep this in perspective, it's not the 25% gain in performance across the rpm range from the flash, it's that we were ROBBED by can-am of what the bike should have been. Especially on the F3 platform. In today's market most manufacturers give the consumer at least 1.3 hp per 10 cc of displacement including Can-Am in their other products, Snowmobile, Water Craft, and UTVs. We Spyder owners, who have the highest price tag of ANY market product get LESS THAN .8 hp per 10 cc of displacement.
    There is the rub for me.
    Dennis
    ps. I know most RT owners give a rats ass about getting more power. But, come on man my F3 deserved at least the basic market average hp!
    even after the stage two flash it is still only about .95 hp per 10 cc of displacement.
    , with most of what you said ……. However there is a saying " speed kills " …… Not You or Me or a few other Talented folks … But BRP would have been Foolish to design a radical concept motorcycle that could go like a " raped ape " and put it in the hands of a " less than talented " General Public. - AT THE OUTSET !!!!….. After a slew of horrible accidents were widely reported by the Media. The Spyder might have been stopped in production ( or the Demise of BRP - period ) …...…… That being said, I am a strong Fan of the Monster Fuel product - forget the CAT delete thing … for what Monster is selling their Flash for it's a No Brainer to get it done ……. jmho , ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

What am I missing? I can't find anything on Monster's website about Stage 2. There's a Gen 1 & Gen 2 for '17 and newer, but no mention of stage 2.
    Also, no way to contact them except through their website. I find their site lacking much of any info. Am I blind?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

monsterfuelinjection@icloud.com

Just email with any questions. He responds quick & will answer any questions you have.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    What am I missing? I can't find anything on Monster's website about Stage 2. There's a Gen 1 & Gen 2 for '17 and newer, but no mention of stage 2.
    Also, no way to contact them except through their website. I find their site lacking much of any info. Am I blind?
    https://monsterfuelinjection.com/hom...spyder/1330cc/
    Here is the link with the form to fill out. He expects you to circle at the top the words stage 1, or stage 2. I would hand write what you want directly on the form to be clear. Ask for stage two, ask for 50% throttle transition if you have hot rod blood

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddjim View Post
    monster can flash the ecu without splitting the ecu only in Canada though .why do monster request to send the ECU in. how would they flash it if you didn't monster dump your stock file edit it then flash it back to the ecu. it seems dynojet and maptunerx have removed the speed limiter monster hasn't managed to crack
    This is the first I've heard of a Spyder speed limiter, could you explain that to me. Thanks

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is the rub for me.
    Dennis
    Dennis, I really wish you would have stayed with your RT a little longer, and YOU & Steve would have gotten the 89T rear sprocket deal worked out...These heaver, double ridden & trailer pulling RT's could really benefit from this option...I have a 89T black sprocket & belt that I would loan to someone that would work with Steve to get this accomplished...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    This is the first I've heard of a Spyder speed limiter, could you explain that to me. Thanks
    at 105 mph for the f3s and 95 mph for the rt the ecu starts limiting throttle input you can still hit 125 mph but its slow getting there the faster you go the throttle progressively closes until you hit 125 mph limiting top speed
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

https://monsterfuelinjection.com/hom...spyder/1330cc/
    Here is the link with the form to fill out. He expects you to circle at the top the words stage 1, or stage 2. I would hand write what you want directly on the form to be clear. Ask for stage two, ask for 50% throttle transition if you have hot rod blood
    The info on that 'Flash Order Form' is the info he should have on one of the tabs on his website headers. It's the info I was looking for and would not have found without your help. I didn't look there because I wasn't ready to order until I could do more research.

Thanks!
    Mike

Spyder Garage

monsterfuelinjection@icloud.com

Just email with any questions. He responds quick & will answer any questions you have.
    Where did you find his email? Pretty important selling tool I couldn't find on his site!

Spyder Garage

Trouble is getting different information each time he is asked. So much conflicting information here and vs real world experience. Lots of smoke and mirrors to go around. There is performance to be had, but take specifics with a whole shaker of salt.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Can you explain what you are saying, please?

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if the Monster flash is obviously detectable by a dealer when plugging the bike into BUDS? I assume a dealer would be able to detect when the bike has been operated abnormally such as higher RPM. But is a flashed ECU otherwise detectable if the bike was not subject to anything unusual.....? Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

The roads are ice free and it's almost 50* out there. The flashed ECU will be tested in a few minutes and I'll let you all know in an hour or so.
    Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Does anyone know if the Monster flash is obviously detectable by a dealer when plugging the bike into BUDS? I assume a dealer would be able to detect when the bike has been operated abnormally such as higher RPM. But is a flashed ECU otherwise detectable if the bike was not subject to anything unusual.....? Jim
    Your question is valid. I traded in a flashed RT that has been up to 9,100 rpm. I was in a cold sweat as the BUDS were hooked up. A puzzled tech called over another tech as they BOTH looked at something. Later, I got the courage to ask the techs. He said they could see some misc error codes that happened during my ECU testing for Monster fuel. They also could see the 9,100 rpm and thought it must be incorrect. I told them a young child was sitting on my bike while it was idling and pulled the throttle wide open until the rev limit stopped it. They said that made sense as it would free spin from energy past the rev limit.
    So it seems the flash itself is NOT detectable.
    Having close to 20,000 miles on the stage one flash with two different Spyders I feel that there is not any power advantage or NEED to shift above the designed red line of our Spyders. I rarely have any need to shift above 7,200 rpm. To me it feels 7,200 rpm is where power and torque give my F3L all it needs to get flying.
    I agree with jcthorne that it gets more confusing when trying to get a technical answer.
    But, the proof is in the reviews that really big gains are happening across the entire rpm range. The Dyno chart that was shared with me show stock being about 95 hp at the rear wheel, stage 1 about 118 hp and stage 2 about 122 hp.
    Hope this info helps.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Yes----- the ECU flash is worth every cent you pay.

1. Not haveing to wait the 20 or so seconds to start in very nice. Turn the key and stare your

2. Low speed is the same as before---below about 2500 rpm.

3. A very usable improvement above 3000rpm.

4. Above 6000 rpm ------ I don't know as I quickly ran out of safe testing space.

5. More testing must take place

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 03-04-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: speeling

Spyder Garage

Your question is valid. I traded in a flashed RT that has been up to 9,100 rpm. I was in a cold sweat as the BUDS were hooked up. A puzzled tech called over another tech as they BOTH looked at something. Later, I got the courage to ask the techs. He said they could see some misc error codes that happened during my ECU testing for Monster fuel. They also could see the 9,100 rpm and thought it must be incorrect. I told them a young child was sitting on my bike while it was idling and pulled the throttle wide open until the rev limit stopped it. They said that made sense as it would free spin from energy past the rev limit.
    So it seems the flash itself is NOT detectable.
    Having close to 20,000 miles on the stage one flash with two different Spyders I feel that there is not any power advantage or NEED to shift above the designed red line of our Spyders. I rarely have any need to shift above 7,200 rpm. To me it feels 7,200 rpm is where power and torque give my F3L all it needs to get flying.
    I agree with jcthorne that it gets more confusing when trying to get a technical answer.
    But, the proof is in the reviews that really big gains are happening across the entire rpm range. The Dyno chart that was shared with me show stock being about 95 hp at the rear wheel, stage 1 about 118 hp and stage 2 about 122 hp.
    Hope this info helps.
    Dennis
    From 95 (stock) to 122 horsepower thats a big jump in performance. Im going to assume the dyno testing was done on your RT(with a 79 tooth rear sprocket). The horsepower output is probably higher on a 89 rear tooth sprocket sport model. Add a Few more horsepower if your running a cat delete exhaust with a K & N air filter...all in all, thats a big jump in performance thats inexpensive and easy to do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Yes----- the ECU flash is worth every cent you pay.

1. Not haveing to wait the 20 or so seconds to start in very nice. Turn the key and stare your

2. Low speed is the same as before---below about 2500 rpm.

3. A very usable improvement above 3000rpm.

4. Above 6000 rpm ------ I don't know as I quickly ran out of safe testing space.

5. More testing must take place

Lew L
    Great to hear...Enjoy your NEW ride!!!

Spyder Garage

The Monster Flash does not remove the speed limiter even though Steve said it would. The flash works, no doubt, just don't put much stock in any specifics he gives you.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The Monster Flash does not remove the speed limiter even though Steve said it would. The flash works, no doubt, just don't put much stock in any specifics he gives you.
    Has anybody taken it to max. Speed and witnessed the cut off? On both stage I and stage II?..the stage II could have the limiter removed.