Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Had stage 2 done by Wick-it and all I can say is-----what a difference. Normal riding and throttle openings don't seem much different than stock. But get serious and it comes alive and normal cruising the engine just seems to be to be running so free and easy. The gentleman at Wick-it describes it as being "light on its feet."
    Because of a lot of rain and other obligations, riding time has been limited, but so far I don't regret having it done. Knowing the extra performance is there if needed is nice.
    My only mod is an Akro muffler.

Spyder Garage

Just over three years of using stage I. Prior to stage one no noticeable (seat of pants) gain was felt going from 87 to 91 octane, however, about 1mpg is gained depending on speed averaged, which is not worth it to me. Post flash, much better performance with either 87 or 91 octane. I consistently recorded 39-42 @ 60-65 thus stayed with 87 due to cost difference per tank. Never heard or felt pinging (detonation) on 87 and I am a lugger not a rever, e.g. full throttle at 40 in 6th gear due to great torque. All was done on a 2014 RTL with LaMonster cat delete, two brothers pipe, one baffle, and stage 1 by Wicked-Performance. I now have a 2023 S2S with BRP's performance exhaust, and an RLS cat delete with SS baffle. I want to go the stage II route but am waiting for Monster/Wicked-Performance to respond to my query regarding the SE6's semi auto downshifting if and when too great of load is placed on the motor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davgill2002 View Post
    Just over three years of using stage I. Prior to stage one no noticeable (seat of pants) gain was felt going from 87 to 91 octane, however, about 1mpg is gained depending on speed averaged, which is not worth it to me. Post flash, much better performance with either 87 or 91 octane. I consistently recorded 39-42 @ 60-65 thus stayed with 87 due to cost difference per tank. Never heard or felt pinging (detonation) on 87 and I am a lugger not a rever, e.g. full throttle at 40 in 6th gear due to great torque. All was done on a 2014 RTL with LaMonster cat delete, two brothers pipe, one baffle, and stage 1 by Wicked-Performance. I now have a 2023 S2S with BRP's performance exhaust, and an RLS cat delete with SS baffle. I want to go the stage II route but am waiting for Monster/Wicked-Performance to respond to my query regarding the SE6's semi auto downshifting if and when too great of load is placed on the motor.
    I used BLR tuning he sells the Dynojet PV3 with custom tunes for what is done to your spyder very happy with results getting 40MPG now after plug change.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by helton61 View Post
    I used BLR tuning he sells the Dynojet PV3 with custom tunes for what is done to your spyder very happy with results getting 40MPG now after plug change.
    We are all happy that your happy, but why not post a signature telling us what you had tuned? I'm not going to read all of your posts to guess what Spyder your talking about. Why are some people ashamed of what they own?

Would be easy for those that need some help or giving advice to let the rest of us in on what they own by posting it in a signature with some info.

Rant over! not sorry, Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    We are all happy that your happy, but why not post a signature telling us what you had tuned? I'm not going to read all of your posts to guess what Spyder your talking about. Why are some people ashamed of what they own?

Would be easy for those that need some help or giving advice to let the rest of us in on what they own by posting it in a signature with some info.

Rant over! not sorry, Bill
    I have a 16 RTL with two Brothers muffler, KN filter, Cat delete pipe,with baffle sparkplug change, fuel filter and 1330 engine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 16 RTL with two Brothers muffler, KN filter, Cat delete pipe,with baffle sparkplug change, fuel filter and 1330 engine.
    Thank you, 40 MPG is very good. I have never gotten over 34MPG , but we do ride 2-up 80% of the time.

Now, take a couple minutes and create a short Signature and we'll never have to ask you what ride your talking about.

Thanks again, Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Now put in your avatar!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
    Had stage 2 done by Wick-it and all I can say is-----what a difference. Normal riding and throttle openings don't seem much different than stock. But get serious and it comes alive and normal cruising the engine just seems to be to be running so free and easy. The gentleman at Wick-it describes it as being "light on its feet."
    Because of a lot of rain and other obligations, riding time has been limited, but so far I don't regret having it done. Knowing the extra performance is there if needed is nice.
    My only mod is an Akro muffler.
    Good to hear that you are satisfied with Stage 2, I will leave a note to Santa under the tree and see if gets me a Stage 2 tune before Spring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davgill2002 View Post
    I am not aware that the MFI flash will do anything for the shifting up or down other than raise the rev limiter to a higher number. Mine hasn't been flashed but 22 F3S, up and down shifting is manual (electronic on the left handlebar) except that it will shift down if you are coasting to a stop when it will automatically downshift all the way to 1st at the Stop.