Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

My PV3 works perfectly. Fuel map tweaked by Fuel Moto. I can restore stock ECU settings in minutes. ***** happens on everything. YMMV ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

if I did the stage 11 will it work with only a k&n filter or do I would have to do a cat delete?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    if I did the stage 11 will it work with only a k&n filter or do I would have to do a cat delete?
    Best people to ask that question of would be whoever is going to be doing your tuning/upgrade. I'm pretty sure Jase @ ECU Xtreme can cater for that mod/combination, but you'd hafta talk to him to decide whether it's worth your while to try a 'Stage II' tune without a Cat Delete or if it'd be better to do something else, maybe something not quite so 'aggressive'.... And I reckon it'd be the same with Monster or Wick-It or anyone else worth getting to do your upgrade.

So give 'em a call & have a chat, tell them what you have & what mods you've done &/or are prepared to do, and ask what they can do for you. The worthwhile tuners will generally want to know all that sorta stuff anyway, so you've got nothing to lose & everything to gain!

Go on; Do It!! You know you want to!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

ok thank you will do
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    If you go with Monster Fuel from Steve stage 1 will work with only a K&N. Cat delete isn't required.
    2017 F3S SE6 , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Dealer reflash

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

I've been running my V-twin motored 2013 RT Ltd for close on 12 months now with an ECU Upgrade done by Jase at ECU Xtreme here in Aus, and it's nothing short of bloody fantastic!!

THIS is how Spyders should be leaving the factory - better acceleration off the line, better roll on, higher top end, more able to hold in gear as the load increases, & I even get better fuel range than I did pre upgrade (I suspect that's because I don't hafta stir the gearbox anywhere near as much as I did to keep the engine on song & pulling like a train!!) The gear changes are crisper, there are no dead spots or hesitations, it revs freely right out to the (new) red line, it goes like a cut snake & pulls like a train, & some of the engine/nanny parameters have been 'relaxed' just a little so I get to keep on the power in circumstances where before, the nanny would've been cutting things back a little (think F3 engine limits on an RT, if that helps with the concept. ) And it's all done within the 'known safe' parameters of this engine, so I'm not risking hurting anything except maybe my wallet (we do have lotsa speed cameras down here and the latest in laser/lidar speed detection gear too! )

Anyhow, if you want to upgrade your Spyder just a little or even a whole lottle, check out the 'proper' ECU Upgrades out there - NOT the el cheapo 'internet flash' jobs that can (will?) be over-written next time your byke is serviced &/or plugged into BUDS; I mean the proper (& yeah, they are more expensive, but there's obvious reasons for that!) ECU Upgrades that aren't just patches or add-ons, so apart from the higher revs & speeds, won't be readily noticed by BUDS, but they WILL allow you to unleash more of the engine power & torque that BRP designed & built into these things & made available to these same engines when used in other machines, only they de-tuned them & damped them down for our Spyders in order to keep 'the lowest common denominator' of ryders from hurting themselves!!

Jase copies & stores your original set-up as well as recording what upgrades have been applied, so if for any or whatever reason you ever need to go back to the original set-up or need to get the Upgrade modded or restored, it generally only costs you the postage plus any turn around time....

And all up, I'm STOKED! STILL!

I'm just wondering, if the dealer uses BUDS for any maintenance, if that erases the flash. If so, there goes $300 down the toilet...Oops i just saw what needs to be done..

Spyder Garage

I'm just wondering, if the dealer uses BUDS for any maintenance, if that erases the flash. If so, there goes $300 down the toilet...Oops i just saw what needs to be done..
    I'd say that it's quite likely. I haven't had a flash done, but when the dealer did my first service, they connected to update my software. In the process, they accidentally wiped my ECU, and I had to wait for them to restore it.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you buy the tune and upload and download with a tuner?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerrySpyder View Post
    As I said in the post you quoted Terry, that can happen with some of the 'flash' jobs that people get done, and it has been known to happen too - but not with the ECU Upgrade that I've got. Besides, Jase at ECU Xtreme has a record of the upgrade he's applied to mine, so even if, by some miracle, someone managed to erase my ECU's tune, he can (& will) restore it anyway; so at most, I'll be out a few days & the mailing costs.

As with so many things, in this sorta thing, it seems that you really do get pretty much what you pay for!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    As I said in the post you quoted Terry, that can happen with some of the 'flash' jobs that people get done, and it has been known to happen too - but not with the ECU Upgrade that I've got. Besides, Jase at ECU Xtreme has a record of the upgrade he's applied to mine, so even if, by some miracle, someone managed to erase my ECU's tune, he can (& will) restore it anyway; so at most, I'll be out a few days & the mailing costs.

As with so many things, in this sorta thing, it seems that you really do get pretty much what you pay for!
    Just an addendum to that, Peter...... Jase can simply upload the new map to your ECU while it is still connected to the Spyder. This is a quick option, but it does mean that the dealer could indeed overwrite it during service (but if they do, Jase can simply reload it as you say). The process that you and I used, sending the ECU to Jase, having him open it and load the new map as the default, over a couple of days, means that the dealer can NOT overwrite the new map.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Has anyone done a ECU Stage 2 flash to their RSS 2015 - I just recieved mine from Wick-IT Performance - I have no clue how to modify the airbox - the pictures I found online is for the RT series and looks nothing like the RSS - any help would be appreciative!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thecool32 View Post
    Has anyone done a ECU Stage 2 flash to their RSS 2015 - I just recieved mine from Wick-IT Performance - I have no clue how to modify the airbox - the pictures I found online is for the RT series and looks nothing like the RSS - any help would be appreciative!
    That is a question for Wick-it. The Air box for the 998 twin is hard to get to and a totally different design. I used to have a 2014 STL and installed a K&N filter but it was very difficult to figure out. You have to remove most of the Tupperware on the right side and it has some tabs on the side that you undo and it barely opens up enough to change out the filter. You would probably have to do more disassembly to get to where you can drill out a couple of holes high and on the front side. When you pay for a stage 2, you are paying for them to do the mod to the box lid.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

This might be a loaded question - but is there any benefit for a US based person (Indianapolis, IN) to send their ECU to Monster in Canada vs. Wick-It in the states?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    This might be a loaded question - but is there any benefit for a US based person (Indianapolis, IN) to send their ECU to Monster in Canada vs. Wick-It in the states?
    They both do the Monster flash. It is not recommended to send your ECU threw customs twice. Sending it to Wick-it keeps your ECU in the Continental US.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thecool32 View Post
    Well I answered this question the first time you asked ( and posted ) it ( 9-5-20 ) ..... it still applies to this posting ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I remember correctly from talking to Steve at MFI, if he does the flash and there are ever any updates they are free from MFI Canada...If Wick-it does the original flash and there are updates you'll be charged...Call and talk to Steve in Canada to confirm...Sending anything to and from Canada can sometimes be a PIA...larrys

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samxon View Post
    Hey Jwulf74,

Tuner is locked to only one Spyder. It cannot be used for multiple Spyders.

When the device comes you plug it into your diagnostic port in the front of the vehicle and download the information from the ECU off of the Spyder. You then plug the device into your laptop or computer, use the included software on Monster Fuel's website and import that data onto your PC. You then send that file over to Steve who will personally tune it for you based off your requirements. He asked me quite a few questions regarding my riding style and fuel selection which felt like a personal touch and was much appreciated. He then sends the files back (3 in my case) which get uploaded back onto the device. Then the device again plugs back into the diagnostic port to start the ECU programming.

UPDATE from Steve regarding multiple Spyder's:

Tunes per bike are always separate.
    So each bike purchases one.

The devcie locks to 1 vin.
    He would need to buy multiple handhelds. OR,
    There is a work around.
    He can tune one. Unlock device ($150 to manufacture) move to another. Tune it. Then unlock devcie ($150)
    But you can go back to a bike. It stays on last VIN. And you must unlock to remove vin lock.
    It works to tune once and forget.
    To go back and forth between tune and stock, or have freedom, you need separate handhelds.

Monster Fuel Injection
    Can the device be used for reading codes and clearing them?

Spyder Garage

The DynaJet Power Vision 3 can........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    The DynaJet Power Vision 3 can........
    They don't have anything for the 1330 ACE engine models at DynaJet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

wkohn -- check if your Spyder matches these PV3 fitments (mine doesn't): https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-238981...model%3DSPYDER
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wkohn View Post
    They don't have anything for the 1330 ACE engine models at DynaJet.
    Use 2019 Spyder tune. It works on the 2020+ 1330 but they haven't listed it on their web site yet.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Use 2019 Spyder tune. It works on the 2020+ 1330 but they haven't listed it on their web site yet.
    Ahhhh

Spyder Garage

Been thinking about the PV3....Where do I plug the thing in at on an 18 F3?

Spyder Garage

Plugs into the OBC (diagnostic) port up front. It can remain plugged in or removed after flashing.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well I answered this question the first time you asked ( and posted ) it ( 9-5-20 ) ..... it still applies to this posting ....... Mike
    I just finished reading 22 pages and 549 posts on this site regarding ECU mods, stages 1 & 2. There have been multiple duplicated questions and multiple answers to the same questions regarding all the aspects of the aforementioned upgrades. Haven't you and Ron and I spoken to one another about this in our PMs? Just got my ECU back from Wick-et today with a stage 2 program. Got it installed and rode it down to the gas station to top off the tank for my first MPG evaluation. It got too dark to fully test its performance. As with the stock ECU, it will take a tank or two before I can fully evaluate its full potential.