Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

what did u do with the vapor canister hose that routes back into the intake tube? Any pics?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
    Ok, after turning the ECU upside down with the connection now on top and with a mirror, I found this mysterious oval shaped "button", kinda small, but I pushed it in and low and behold it was able to release the hold it had on the lock.....and took the advice and removed the filter top cover and sent in both items to wick-it in Shreveport. Thanks Ya'll
    hey...did you get your ECU back?....if so...how does it run?....feedback please!

Spyder Garage

Like a race car! Wow what a difference, I wish I had done it earlier. I received a $1200.00 stimulus check so I spent partof it on this upgrade ❤️I would recommend it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
    Like a race car! Wow what a difference, I wish I had done it earlier. I received a $1200.00 stimulus check so I spent partof it on this upgrade ❤️I would recommend it.
    Money well spent....enjoy...

Spyder Garage

Hey guys,

Yesterday I ordered the Stage 2 tune and the handheld device from Steve. He will be shipping it out Monday from Canada and I will let you guys know my experience. I've read through this whole thread and can't wait to experience more power. I couldent find many people who have used the hand held device so I wanted to post my feedback. I will keep you all updated.
    2017 F3S SE6 , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samxon View Post
    Hey guys,

Yesterday I ordered the Stage 2 tune and the handheld device from Steve. He will be shipping it out Monday from Canada and I will let you guys know my experience. I've read through this whole thread and can't wait to experience more power. I couldent find many people who have used the hand held device so I wanted to post my feedback. I will keep you all updated.
    What is this handheld device of which you speak, Samxon?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

https://www.monsterfuelinjection.com/
    If you order the programmer, do you even need to send the ECU in for flashing? Thinking they just load it and you then flash it in with the handheld device, similar to a DJ PV3.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Hello Peteoz,

Steve has a handheld device which he preloads the tune on and then it plugs into the CANBUS port or diagnostics port to tune the ecu. It does not require sending it in to Canada.
    The device itself costs $350 plus the tune which ranges on which stage you want. I also opted in to purchase an extra air intake cover so I do not have any issues when I take my Spyder in for service. I can just pop off the cover that Steve pre drilled for me and put on the factory cover.I did not feel like having my motorcycle down for a few weeks while Steve programmed my ECU so I opted in for the handheld device.
    He does not advertise prices for this on his website. You must e-mail him and then he will create a PayPal invoice for you to pay and once paid will ship out the device. My device shipped today so as soon as I get it I will let everyone know my experience/results.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    https://www.monsterfuelinjection.com/
    If you order the programmer, do you even need to send the ECU in for flashing? Thinking they just load it and you then flash it in with the handheld device, similar to a DJ PV3.
    If you order the handheld device there is no need to send in your ECU. It plugs into the diagnostics port in the front of the vehicle. This is only compatible with 2017+ models and newer. The older models did not have the diagnostics port accessible to do a tune in this fashion. It would require you to send in your ECU.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samxon View Post
    Hello Peteoz,

Steve has a handheld device which he preloads the tune on and then it plugs into the CANBUS port or diagnostics port to tune the ecu. It does not require sending it in to Canada.
    The device itself costs $350 plus the tune which ranges on which stage you want. I also opted in to purchase an extra air intake cover so I do not have any issues when I take my Spyder in for service. I can just pop off the cover that Steve pre drilled for me and put on the factory cover.I did not feel like having my motorcycle down for a few weeks while Steve programmed my ECU so I opted in for the handheld device.
    He does not advertise prices for this on his website. You must e-mail him and then he will create a PayPal invoice for you to pay and once paid will ship out the device. My device shipped today so as soon as I get it I will let everyone know my experience/results.
    Awesome....please let us know your results..inquiring minds want to know!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Samxon.....sounds like a great feature....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Okay guys,

Tuner came in the mail from Steve. Holy moly what a difference this bike is from stock to stage 2. It's actually quite scary now in the best way possible. I can confirm that the safety button delete to start the bike also coded successfully. Steve gave me a tune for stock so I can bring it in for service as well as stage 2 and a special tune he made for me for a boost over 6000 rpm. So easy to perform and while I was at it I swapped out the stock air filter for a K&N. I will post pictures shortly of the tuning unit. Attached is a photo of the air filter cover that Steve had drilled for me. So excited to ride this bike now! I highly recommend this service from Steve at Monster Fuel. I promise you will not be disappointed!
    IMG_20200802_160110.jpgIMG_20200802_181519.jpgIMG_20200802_181523.jpg
    IMG_20200802_181529.jpg

Spyder Garage

So, with this handheld device, if you have 2 different spyders can it be used for both? Or is it pretty much married to the one it is programed for? 2018 F3T and 2020 F3LTD for reference...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

I think it is only good for one Spyder or thats what I recall anyway.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Each vehicle requires a separate unit, just like the 2 wheel world.
    Tuners become locked to the bike.
    So when the time comes to sell or trade REMEMBER to include the tuner.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    So, with this handheld device, if you have 2 different spyders can it be used for both? Or is it pretty much married to the one it is programed for? 2018 F3T and 2020 F3LTD for reference...
    Hey Jwulf74,

Tuner is locked to only one Spyder. It cannot be used for multiple Spyders.

When the device comes you plug it into your diagnostic port in the front of the vehicle and download the information from the ECU off of the Spyder. You then plug the device into your laptop or computer, use the included software on Monster Fuel's website and import that data onto your PC. You then send that file over to Steve who will personally tune it for you based off your requirements. He asked me quite a few questions regarding my riding style and fuel selection which felt like a personal touch and was much appreciated. He then sends the files back (3 in my case) which get uploaded back onto the device. Then the device again plugs back into the diagnostic port to start the ECU programming.

UPDATE from Steve regarding multiple Spyder's:

Tunes per bike are always separate.
    So each bike purchases one.

The devcie locks to 1 vin.
    He would need to buy multiple handhelds. OR,
    There is a work around.
    He can tune one. Unlock device ($150 to manufacture) move to another. Tune it. Then unlock devcie ($150)
    But you can go back to a bike. It stays on last VIN. And you must unlock to remove vin lock.
    It works to tune once and forget.
    To go back and forth between tune and stock, or have freedom, you need separate handhelds.

Monster Fuel Injection

Spyder Garage

I just have a k&n filter in my 2019 f3s can am spyder ,want to do the wick it flash should I go with the 1 or 2 stage ? I am not going to do a cat delete or a new exhaust want to keep it stock, but do want more get up and go,so what do you think?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Richie,
    You'll just love the " flash" ----- I'm fine with the stage 1 but there are other options. Best performance " bang for the buck".

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    I just have a k&n filter in my 2019 f3s can am spyder ,want to do the wick it flash should I go with the 1 or 2 stage ? I am not going to do a cat delete or a new exhaust want to keep it stock, but do want more get up and go,so what do you think?
    Some people claim the exhaust is a necessary option for Stage 2 and others claim you can get away without it. Stage 2 requires cutting holes into the air filter cover as seen in my pictures above. If you want to keep it relatively stock I would go with Stage 1. ( This pertains to Stage 2 from Monster Fuel)

Spyder Garage

I am finding out that reflash is only good for the 1330's and nothing really for the 998's to justifies the money for a stage 1 with very little improvements in performance. I may be wrong but everything i have read is all for the 1330's and not for the 998's. Thank you for your time.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Go with Stage I...add the quick start option..rpm max.set at 8600....you will love it!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sampi1099 View Post
    I am finding out that reflash is only good for the 1330's and nothing really for the 998's to justifies the money for a stage 1 with very little improvements in performance. I may be wrong but everything i have read is all for the 1330's and not for the 998's. Thank you for your time.

Jim
    Search for Peter Aawen's posts from Australia. He has a 998 and has raved about the improvement from reflashing.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

ok 308gunner thank you,I will go with the stage 1 quick start and rpm max 8600 I will let you know how it is
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

hi guys I tried the pv3 dynojet first It was a big mistake It did not work, it removed my stock map and fail to install there updated map , they said that that never happen before,they could not do nothing for me they left me dead in the water, I had to go to my dealer and have it re flash to stock, they cost me $$$$$,so stay away from the pv3 from dynojet they dont stand behind there product go with wick it or monster to have your ecu flashed
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

hi guys I tried the pv3 dynojet first It was a big mistake It did not work, it removed my stock map and fail to install there updated map , they said that that never happen before,they could not do nothing for me they left me dead in the water, I had to go to my dealer and have it re flash to stock, they cost me $$$$$,so stay away from the pv3 from dynojet they dont stand behind there product go with wick it or monster to have your ecu flashed

I believe I remember somebody else tried using the PV3 on their Spyder with the same results, bike dead in the water. So stay away from PV3 from Dynojet

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander