Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatenhappy View Post
    Mate that's what I was originally aiming and planning for …. that is until I found out he is over $200 AUD more expensive than everything combined including freight to and from Canada to Monster return for his 'service'

Then add atop that … shipping both ways up and back from the Coast and that's bloody ridiculous … Pretty much all up better than about $250 AUD CHEAPER for me to send it return INTERNATIONALLY to Canada ...so where's the sense in that?

I don't need or want to support the local bloke when he's bending me (us) all over a barrel just because he can …

I cannot get over the greed factor that's come and coming over our country top to bottom in the last 10 or 15 years just because people recon they can … Its like everyone wants and has to be a millionaire yesterday and BTW all before they are 40 years of age or so. I expect to pay for a quality job but that's just plain greed and BS

Mate as for better … dunno … we would have to compare apples with apples but I am very, very impressed with what I received back from Monster … Goes like stink (if I want it too) great fuel economy, no more dead spots … and still not been quite game enough to explore the 'nether regions' of giving it a gutt full!

I have to agree with you on this mate. I also won't support the greedy local guy or any other business charging over the top, & the number of company's that do charge fairly is almost non existent. Almost all of Australian businesses are " ADDICTED TO THE MYTH OF PERPETUAL GROWTH AND ENDLESS PROFIT".

Spyder Garage

Default Cold air intake

I see mention of cold air intakes.... I’ve been looking for one for my f3s. Any ideas of where to buy, or build my own?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    I see mention of cold air intakes.... I’ve been looking for one for my f3s. Any ideas of where to buy, or build my own?
    RE COLD AIR INTAKE::
    I have the Stage 2 mapping from Monster Fuel Injection ..
    I made mine and plan on an updated version over winter.. I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t throw any codes and in almost 400 mi in various conditions it hasn’t..
    Nothing currently available by a vendor..
    Last edited by Mike,P; 09-30-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    I have the Stage 2 mapping from Monster Fuel Injection ..
    I made mine and plan on an updated version over winter.. I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t throw any codes and in almost 400 mi in various conditions it hasn’t..
    Nothing currently available by a vendor..
    A couple of pics of what I did are on the Spyderlovers F3 Facebook page..
    Scroll down till you find it..
    I think I posted it on Friday..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post

The flash form on this link doesn’t work, unless it just doesn’t load from a mobile device?

Who does this in the US for Monster? I’m in Va.

edit: I see the place in Louisiana, I take it that’s the only US place?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    The flash form on this link doesn’t work, unless it just doesn’t load from a mobile device?

Wick It Performance in Louisiana did mine, give them a call. Very easy to talk to and my Spyder was only down about a week due to shipping.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am waiting for power commander to release there tuner before I do anything with the ECM.

Spyder Garage

They are in the process of relocating. Forms will be updated after relocation is completed. Probably in November.
    SpyDel
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Wick It Performance in Louisiana did mine, give them a call. Very easy to talk to and my Spyder was only down about a week due to shipping.

Wow, that’s quick. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    What he said! And there is another in North Carolina. I don't have that info on=hand tho. but You could get it from a PM to Steve (Spyd_Piper)...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash in Canada or ECU Flash with Jake in Australia

I had 2015 F3's ecu flash in Canada---runs strong above 4000 to 8100, but I lost a little from a dead stop. I can full throttle from a dead stop without wheel spin, if i get it up to 4000 it can spin tire.

The 2 sources use different parameters . Do anyone know of a Stateside location the uses the Australia parameters in their ref-lash . I heard Canada's is just timing increase.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I had 2015 F3's ecu flash in Canada---runs strong above 4000 to 8100, but I lost a little from a dead stop. I can full throttle from a dead stop without wheel spin, if i get it up to 4000 it can spin tire.

The 2 sources use different parameters . Do anyone know of a Stateside location the uses the Australia parameters in their ref-lash . I heard Canada's is just timing increase.
    Darrell
    I have the stage 2 flash with a cold air intake and my bike will smoke the tire through 3rd gear / Seriously!! I have a SM6..
    Does your bike have the big sprocket or the smaller one??
    Last edited by Mike,P; 10-05-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So what is the difference between the stage one and stage two flash?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    So what is the difference between the stage one and stage two flash?
    In the response I received from Steve about this when I asked him for clarification (it was originally going to be the flash for updated cams + airbox, Supposedly he knew someone that was going to make them), this was his response:

"It's on the stock engine with an airbox mod."

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Dynojet Powervision CX

Dynojet (the makers of the Power Commander) will soon release their PowerVision CX for the Can-Am Spyder. This will allow you to back up your ECU, flash it with new data for better performance, MPG, etc.

Unlike the various places that do flashes, Dynojet will actually show results from their system using a dyno test. I've yet to see anyone else do this.

The system will run around $400 and while it doesn't have to be plugged in while riding, it is 'linked' to your Spyder --- in other words you can't simply use it to reprogram a dozen spyders….
    To me, this is a far better idea than sending in your ECU to be flashed. You'll be able to set it 'back to factory' within minutes. You will also be able to clear codes using their interface.

They currently make these for HD, Indian and many BRP off-road products.

I would expect this to be a very high quality product, which is what they are known for.

Hope to have one in my hands soon....

http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Dynojet (the makers of the Power Commander) will soon release their PowerVision CX for the Can-Am Spyder. This will allow you to back up your ECU, flash it with new data for better performance, MPG, etc.

Unlike the various places that do flashes, Dynojet will actually show results from their system using a dyno test. I've yet to see anyone else do this.

The system will run around $400 and while it doesn't have to be plugged in while riding, it is 'linked' to your Spyder --- in other words you can't simply use it to reprogram a dozen spyders….
    To me, this is a far better idea than sending in your ECU to be flashed. You'll be able to set it 'back to factory' within minutes. You will also be able to clear codes using their interface.

I would expect this to be a very high quality product, which is what they are known for.

When is it being released?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

As with the devices Dynojet makes for cars and trucks, the manufacturers can tell if you flashed an ECU and flashed it back.

Just a note for those worried about their warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default Louisville what’s up?

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    ​BUMP
    I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben

Spyder Garage

Default Lou. Ky

[Just got mine a month ago. Have a VFC III on my Victory Vision & a variable timing disk, so I was wondering how the 2013 RT L would do. Looks like a flash requires the use of 91 octane. I want to stay with 87. Sure it could do a few degrees and still burn 87. Rick in PRP

QUOTE=Benmannino;1400028]I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Default I use 87

Here goes the octane controversy, I have the monster flash. I have TESTED all fuels available with my testing of the original flashes with monster fuel. I disagree with monster fuel and most forum members. MY 30 years of dyno results on performance cycles and my spyder have proven to me that the best performance fuel is FRESH 87 octane. Consistently on a base line of 100 hp there is proven dyno hp increase of 4 hp with 87 octane vs. higher octane fuels. On my race bikes at the track that is real power i can feel in critical areas of the race track.
    I have used 87 octane for 12,000 miles on my current flashed F3L.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    [Just got mine a month ago. Have a VFC III on my Victory Vision & a variable timing disk, so I was wondering how the 2013 RT L would do. Looks like a flash requires the use of 91 octane. I want to stay with 87. Sure it could do a few degrees and still burn 87. Rick in PRP

QUOTE=Benmannino;1400028]I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 10-29-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Here goes the octane controversy, I have the monster flash. I have TESTED all fuels available with my testing of the original flashes with monster fuel. I disagree with monster fuel and most forum members. MY 30 years of dyno results on performance cycles and my spyder have proven to me that the best performance fuel is FRESH 87 octane. Consistently on a base line of 100 hp there is proven dyno hp increase of 4 hp with 87 octane vs. higher octane fuels. On my race bikes at the track that is real power i can feel in critical areas of the race track.
    I have used 87 octane for 12,000 miles on my current flashed F3L.
    Dennis
    [/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree but I have had the unfortunate opportunity to fuel my F3 with 87 from time to time out of necessity and can immediately feel the sluggishness and loss of power as the engine pulls timing. When returning to 93 octane, its not as immediate but takes a few miles to retune again for the better spark curve. Its repeatable and quite noticeable.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Sounds like it has a knock sensor in the engine and the flash is adjusting the timing based on when it hear the knock. I guess you never hear these engines ping. I read some place the 2013 has 12 to 1 compression.. Now I know why no pining. Thanks

Sorry to disagree but I have had the unfortunate opportunity to fuel my F3 with 87 from time to time out of necessity and can immediately feel the sluggishness and loss of power as the engine pulls timing. When returning to 93 octane, its not as immediate but takes a few miles to retune again for the better spark curve. Its repeatable and quite noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

I’m just going to say this is so sad even before I ask it.

What is an ECU, where is it and are there instructions anywhere on how to remove it or send it in.

Flame away.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default We could both be correct?

Let's pause and assume we are both correct. When doing my DYNO testing for a specific bike, I only use gas from one of two SPECIFIC BUSY GAS STATIONS. Early in my career it was always BP and usually 93 octane for testing. Then in the last years of bike testing a SUPER GAS STATION came to town and they claim to have TOP TIER FUEL?? I was Down in Mississippi near a refinery with a Liter sport bike. I filled up with 87 octane and OMG the bike was doing wheelies everywhere. Trying to understand what just happened, a local told me it's just the difference of TOP TIER FUEL. So that is what led me to try DYNO testing 87 octane TOP TIER FUEL.
    So here is how we can both be correct in our experience. I have a drawer full of DYNO charts that clearly show a performance gain with 87 octane, but always based on one specific BUSY station with fresh top tier fuel. MY Spyder riding 87 octane fuel is 90% limited to these specific gas stations as they are everywhere for me. Also, this could be a big one. If I'm touring I seldom go above 5,000 rpm for shifting and may not notice power loss from a low quality or stale gas?? Usually I buy Higher octane when in doubt.
    With this in mind, and believing we are both speaking from experience, I would detect the same results as you describe if I had your fueling option in my tank and you would experience the same if you had mine. MY bike dyno charts do not show any hp improvement with 87 octane until way above the rpm range of our Spyders.
    So to conclude, I do not have a DYNO history for my Spyder. I am using my butt DYNO and speed trap testing to confirm that with FRESH TOP TIER FUEL it is a wash for octane testing.
    Thanks for a gentleman's discussion, this is how our country should behave if we disagree.
    Dennis

Sorry to disagree but I have had the unfortunate opportunity to fuel my F3 with 87 from time to time out of necessity and can immediately feel the sluggishness and loss of power as the engine pulls timing. When returning to 93 octane, its not as immediate but takes a few miles to retune again for the better spark curve. Its repeatable and quite noticeable.[/QUOTE]