Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: ECU Flash

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by helton61 View Post
    I have a 16 RTL with two Brothers muffler, KN filter, Cat delete pipe,with baffle sparkplug change, fuel filter and 1330 engine.
    Now put in your avatar!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Davgill2002 View Post
    Just over three years of using stage I. Prior to stage one no noticeable (seat of pants) gain was felt going from 87 to 91 octane, however, about 1mpg is gained depending on speed averaged, which is not worth it to me. Post flash, much better performance with either 87 or 91 octane. I consistently recorded 39-42 @ 60-65 thus stayed with 87 due to cost difference per tank. Never heard or felt pinging (detonation) on 87 and I am a lugger not a rever, e.g. full throttle at 40 in 6th gear due to great torque. All was done on a 2014 RTL with LaMonster cat delete, two brothers pipe, one baffle, and stage 1 by Wicked-Performance. I now have a 2023 S2S with BRP's performance exhaust, and an RLS cat delete with SS baffle. I want to go the stage II route but am waiting for Monster/Wicked-Performance to respond to my query regarding the SE6's semi auto downshifting if and when too great of load is placed on the motor.
    I am not aware that the MFI flash will do anything for the shifting up or down other than raise the rev limiter to a higher number. Mine hasn't been flashed but 22 F3S, up and down shifting is manual (electronic on the left handlebar) except that it will shift down if you are coasting to a stop when it will automatically downshift all the way to 1st at the Stop.