Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Yeah, In the far nw suburbs, Monster in Canada. LOL
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    The dealer here wants 1500 for 3years .
    Give I-Motorsports a call. That is where I got mine from. That is also where I purchased my spyder from, and they delivered it for free.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Bummer. Thanks!!

Spyder Garage

Planning on the Monster stage 2 reflash, are there any advantages to adding dynojet afterwards?
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Nope.. One or the other

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Nobody in the New York Area...only in Canada and in Louisiana...you'll have to remove the ECU and airbox lid (stage II option) and send it in to be programmed.
    Would a K&N filter qualify the same as drilling the holes in the cover for a stage II upgrade??

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    Would a K&N filter qualify the same as drilling the holes in the cover for a stage II upgrade??
    IMHO - No, a lot of the folks who are doing the Flash … already had the K&N filter … and still had the holes drilled ….. sending it to them to drill a few holes seems ridiculous drill the holes yourself…… Another thought is …. the air that will come through the holes will be HOT Air, because it will come from around the engine, and gets trapped behind the inside Tupperware …. I have True Cold Air for my RT ( see my album ) … I removed the plastic OEM air intake ( for my shock adjusters ) and put a 3 inch pipe thru the Tupperware directly to the Air Box ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSpyder2014 View Post
    Planning on the Monster stage 2 reflash, are there any advantages to adding dynojet afterwards?
    Your Spyder Garage shows that you have a RSS. Let us know how the Stage 2 works out in the V twin. I do know the air filter is a bear to get to on the STL which I used to have.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Just got my ECU back from Monster, with a stage 2 flash. Was wonder if I go on a long trip where 91 octane is hard to come by. Would it be an issue for the bike if I swop the ECU for a stage 1 or stock ecu??
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Just got my ECU back from Monster, with a stage 2 flash. Was wonder if I go on a long trip where 91 octane is hard to come by. Would it be an issue for the bike if I swop the ECU for a stage 1 or stock ecu??
    Your best answer for this question would have to come from Monster ….. they should know Exactly what changes they made to the ECU, and what could occur under those circumstances...… However from all that I have read, they didn't turn OFF the part of the computer that controls the anti-knock that Bosche has programed into it …… I think what is key here is, does a less than 5% change in the Octane rating damage the engine ….. personally I don't think so, I think the performance will suffer slightly, but not damage the engine. …… Mike

Spyder Garage

If you hafta use lower octane gas than that recommended after an ECU Upgrade, don't worry too much, just take it a little easy on the throttle until you've run about a tank full of the recommended juice thru it again.

It's not that it won't run on the lower octane stuff, it's just that with the upgrade, the ECU has been optimised to make the most of the higher octane gas, so reverting to lower juice for a tank or 3 could cause some pinging etc if you like wringing it out a bit, and that might not be great for the engine (or fuel economy, running temps, EGT's, et al)

So if you hafta go low, just go easy on it until you're back running unadulterated good stuff! Your engine will appreciate it, & probably show it too! !
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just received an email from monster, they suggest staying above 91 octane with the stage 2. But, they also said that it's better to run with ethanol , than ethanol free,
    said the engine runs cooler. Which makes it easier to find stations with above 91 octane .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

carry a bottle of octane booster

Spyder Garage

Just received an email from monster, they suggest staying above 91 octane with the stage 2. But, they also said that it's better to run with ethanol , than ethanol free,
    said the engine runs cooler. Which makes it easier to find stations with above 91 octane .
    " SUGGEST " is quite different than " MUST " ….it would have been nice if they had told you WHY ….it's interesting about the " Ethanol " use …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Think this a a first, reading about a powersport performance supplier, recommending ethanol over ethanol free .... ??

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Think this a a first, reading about a powersport performance supplier, recommending ethanol over ethanol free .... ??
    Yep, I'm waiting for an explanation on that one too.

Spyder Garage

I know. I spent 2 hours Saturday, driving to a station and back that had 93 octane ethanol free. Because Ive always thought small engines run better on it

Spyder Garage

What is so dramatically different between the stage 1 and 2 flash that doesn't recommend the drilled air filter cover for the stage 1 ? I'll likely drill the holes when I buy/ load the map from the DJ PV3...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

more air

Spyder Garage

Well... duh. Is their a dramatic difference in fueling/timing/etc ? Stage 1 = Non EPA compliant and Stage 2 = full blown to the edge ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

stage one makes you smile stage two makes you smile from ear to ear

Spyder Garage

Monster ECU flash update: Monster fuel Injection is coming out with a hand programmer to compete with Dynojet. Check out Monster Fuels website....this stuff just got real!!!...whoo-Hoo!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: word filter by-pass removed

Spyder Garage

I have been building, racing, working and tuning automobiles for over 40 years I have not have to open up a ECU in over 20 years to tune them in the old days we would replace the prom but we just hook up to the OBD port now with the computer and special software and adapters. How do you think the companies that sell you the tuner do it the same way that monster and wicks do it. They just do not want to invest in R&D for the tuner to sell you its more money for them. The only real difference in the tune is monster/wicks are selling you a more aggressive tune one is not better than the other. Also they do not want you to wait and probably say it takes longer because you will get upset when they charge you 600 for 1/2 hours worth of work it's the same as when you take your car in they will not call you until the end of day even if the repair only took a couple of hours but charged book time which was way more time than it exactly did the average person would be upset. I now and understand how and what it takes to do a performance tune. If bikes are different than I am sorry never tuned a bike yet. In closing the last thing I would want is some one to open up my ECU and then try to seal it right that's a whole other can of worms. Like I said I do performance tunes for automobiles not bikes so if it's different I will stand corrected.

@PETOZ AUSTRALIA TOLD YOU SO.

[/COLOR]

123.jpg

Spyder Garage

I just got my stage 2 back and installed it and took her for a short ride. Seemed better but will have to wait until I really take her out for a spin. Does the stage 2 make her louder? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I am having my RSS done. This will be the fourth vehicle I have had flashed. I had my Yami FZ09 (sold), a Vulcan 900, a Vulcan 1600, and a Yami Bolt SCR. The 900 cc bikes were the most impacted and most drastically changed, especially the Vulcan 900, I dont know if any you have ridden one, they are a great bike, but stock? They are a tractor, SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW, the flash completely changed that bike.

I will do any bike I can from this point forward. I wish I could find someone to do the Triumph Thruxton I have in the barn too. I will find a shop someday, I am sure.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black