Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I went for ryde #2 today. I was more impressed today. BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Nice!!!..tell us more details.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Nice!!!..tell us more details.
    It felt more alive, quicker and more torque in the lower RPM range. I used to get in the 70 MPH range in 6th gear was OK for maintaining speed but not much acceleration. Now In 6th gear at the lower RPM's I can easily accelerate in 6th or what they mean by roll on. On the back roads, I like 3rd/4th better and the 4-5G range.I don't see a need to go too far over 7G. I want to empty my gas tank and get a fresh tank of premium. I still think It will improve over the next tank and when I get the RLS exhaust in a week. The only downside is trying to keep a smooth low speed in first. It wants to jump, Ill just get used to it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When getting the flash, do I need to specify information on exhaust, or is the tune for any setup? I just picked up a full exhaust from Spyderman Exhaust and installed it Friday. I like the sound, but not excited about the muffler. It doesn't look bad, but I just liked the looks for the stock muffler. This one is so much smaller. I guess that is a good thing, but I just have to get used to it. I will be sending my ECU to be flashed around the end of this month, and would like to know what to expect.
    BTW, with just the exhaust, the bike really seems to have come alive, so I am excited to see what the ECU flash will do. Now I need to see if I want the stage 1 or 2. I will not be raising the rev. limiter, as I hardly ever go above 7k, and have never been above 7.5k. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

If I were to have it done again I would keep stock rev limit. I had mine raise to 8600 & have only hit it once testing it. I like my stage 1. It’s plenty of power above stock. Main reason I didn’t do stage 2 was I didn’t want to have holes cut in air box lid. I know it’s minor but still. Also, I might even think about not doing the quick start next time. It’s nice but I kinda like the idea of someone not knowing how to start it. I might be interested in your stock muffler if you want to get rid of it. I would like to see how it runs & sounds on my bike.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    When getting the flash, do I need to specify information on exhaust, or is the tune for any setup? I just picked up a full exhaust from Spyderman Exhaust and installed it Friday. I like the sound, but not excited about the muffler. It doesn't look bad, but I just liked the looks for the stock muffler. This one is so much smaller. I guess that is a good thing, but I just have to get used to it. I will be sending my ECU to be flashed around the end of this month, and would like to know what to expect.
    BTW, with just the exhaust, the bike really seems to have come alive, so I am excited to see what the ECU flash will do. Now I need to see if I want the stage 1 or 2. I will not be raising the rev. limiter, as I hardly ever go above 7k, and have never been above 7.5k. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
    When you fill in the form, It says to specify all the mods but it also says it will work with any exhaust combination. I checked the 8600 limit but only tried to reach it once. I shut it down before I felt any limit but it was over the stock 8100. You will get a lot more with the flash than your exhaust. The stage one is plenty unless you are a racing type. I also checked that I wanted the mode button to be left stock but it now starts without pushing it. Your like me, 7.5 K is really all you will use on your spyder. Sometimes in first gear its easy to pass it though.LOL
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

AY4B,
    Sending mine in today for stage 1......What do you mean by the following?........"The only downside is trying to keep a smooth low speed in first. It wants to jump, Ill just get used to it."
    Please explain in depth a little more please.

Thanks for your time and help!
    P.W.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    AY4B,
    Sending mine in today for stage 1......What do you mean by the following?........"The only downside is trying to keep a smooth low speed in first. It wants to jump, Ill just get used to it."

P.W.
    Not really a downside. You have total control at low speed. I did experience a cluch Jump kind of thing but you have to make it do it. Have you ever in a standard transmittion tried to let out the clutch and It would want to hop,hop, hop? I did get it to do this with my Semi auto. It just shows how much extra torque is at your finger tips.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    If I were to have it done again I would keep stock rev limit. I had mine raise to 8600 & have only hit it once testing it. I like my stage 1. It’s plenty of power above stock. Main reason I didn’t do stage 2 was I didn’t want to have holes cut in air box lid. I know it’s minor but still. Also, I might even think about not doing the quick start next time. It’s nice but I kinda like the idea of someone not knowing how to start it. I might be interested in your stock muffler if you want to get rid of it. I would like to see how it runs & sounds on my bike.
    I just got back from my first ride with the new exhaust. It will be coming off this week. I only did about 10 minutes on it, but I know that will be too loud for the misses. I will be going back with my stock exhaust, but I might try a cat delete pipe. If you know anyone interested in the Akcrapovic exhaust, I will have one for sale as soon as I can remove it.

Spyder Garage

They do make a baffle insert for the muffler .....I ordered two to help quite things a bit.

Spyder Garage

I'm a very new rider. Never owned a bike ever and now I own a 2016 RS. I just purchased the 2 Brothers M2 exhaust and now i am reading about getting more HP with "flashing" I've only been through the 1st page but I know I want this done to my bike. I live in Ohio so if anyone could message me or direct me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Spyder Garage

Just send it in to these guy's and you'll be set. https://wick-itperformance.com/
    Waiting for mine to get back any day!

P.W.

Spyder Garage

I would recommend waiting at least a year. Get to know your RS. It is very fast the way it sits.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I just got mine back from Wick-It Performance. Holy Crap this thing accelerates!! It is like a Rocket. I also have a RLS Cat Delete with 2 inline baffles with my stock muffler. I'm not getting the rear wheel spin that some are getting. It could be the cat delete isn't developing the back pressure that the cat did. The mid to high RPM this thing just rips!!
    2017 Daytona F3-S SE6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guhn67 View Post
    I just got mine back from Wick-It Performance. Holy Crap this thing accelerates!! It is like a Rocket. I also have a RLS Cat Delete with 2 inline baffles with my stock muffler. I'm not getting the rear wheel spin that some are getting. It could be the cat delete isn't developing the back pressure that the cat did. The mid to high RPM this thing just rips!!
    Excellent...how's your low end launch performance...you said you're not spinning the wheel ..but I want know your torque pull performance from a dead stop to mid range...is it rapid like seat in your pants or at least increased...or is it slow and lagging like it needs time to ramp up to speed ..tell us more.

Spyder Garage

From a dead stop. Full throttle maybe a half second lag then it just excellerates like it was shot from a cannon.The Mid to upper RPM it just pulls.In a drag racing scenario it launches pretty good.I was hoping for some wheel spin (Fun Factor) when just messing around.I still think there is not enough Back pressure being generated thru the Cat Delete.I'm going on 150 miles with the new Stage 2 remap.I thought maybe just for piece of mind.Swap the Cat delete back to the Cat for some real world testing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guhn67 View Post
    From a dead stop. Full throttle maybe a half second lag then it just excellerates like it was shot from a cannon.The Mid to upper RPM it just pulls.In a drag racing scenario it launches pretty good.I was hoping for some wheel spin (Fun Factor) when just messing around.I still think there is not enough Back pressure being generated thru the Cat Delete.I'm going on 150 miles with the new Stage 2 remap.I thought maybe just for piece of mind.Swap the Cat delete back to the Cat for some real world testing.
    So besides the lack of spin ...fun factor.... everything else is great ..A half a second lag from a dead stop is pretty good torque and response time...put the factory cat back on and compare..let us know your results....but all in all.. that stage II rocks!!!

Spyder Garage

If this weather will straighten out. I'll let you know the results in the next couple of days. I do agree the stage 2 Rocks!!! I probably will call Wick-It on Monday. Let them know my results. They have been awesome to work with.

Spyder Garage

Ok, you guys got me hyped! I am going on our annual mountain trip next week (taking the Vmax). But once I get back, I will be looking in to seeing how to take out the ECU and sending it off to Wicked Performance. Thanks for all the feedback. Since I don't plan on changing out the exhaust right now, or doing anything to the airbox, I am thinking that the Stage 1 will be my choice. Thanks for all the feedback.

Spyder Garage

The ECU comes out easily. 3 ea 10mm bolts are the easy part. The 2 electrical connectors are a bit fiddy. You have to turn a little lever to undo them. Good light, small strong hands make the job pretty easy. Keep the Max up on both wheels.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    AY4B,

P.W.
    Hey....did you get your ECU back?....if so..tell us your results.

Spyder Garage

Yes, Ive had it about a week now. It is Hands down the best money I have spent on my spyder! Still waiting on the call to come pick up my RLS exaust. It will be like icing on the cake! I went on a ryde this Saturday with one of my riding groups that likes to ride spirited. It was great!
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

My experience is more like guhn67. No tire burn but it launches like a rocket. The reason is probably my size plus my tires. I run Yokohama S drive in the rear @21PSI.

Oh I just realized you were asking P.W., LMAO
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    My experience is more like guhn67. No tire burn but it launches like a rocket. The reason is probably my size plus my tires. I run Yokohama S drive in the rear @21PSI.

Oh I just realized you were asking P.W., LMAO
    It's okay...the more feedback the better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    I’ve had the Monster Fuel Injection flash done and after a few hundred miles I’d say it was money well spent.. My only hesitation to have this done was to have the stage 2 update in place because I didn’t want to ship back and forth and I also have been working on a cold air intake..
    Glad I waited for the stage 2 and this thing rips!!!
    It was a pleasure to work with Steve and like many have said before:: This is how they should run to begin with!!
    Best upgrade / Bang for buck of anything so far..
    BTW I have a 2015 F3s SM6

How did you pay them? Did you send in the ECU and cover first, or did you have to pay them first? I'm thinking of having mine done too.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they send you bill email cc or pay pal