Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Thank you. Information from the manufacturer: Aggressive throttle response. Means the throttle opens faster / further at lower throttle position. Where some files are still in the development phase, which is why a normal Stage 2 is still recommended.

Spyder Garage

the stage 2 agr tune has been updated today. i have been out for a quick test and i must say i am impressed throttle response is a lot snappier feels a lot more like a cable throttle now rather than ride by wire. the previous problem i had with the agr tune is now fixed
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

Are ECU's interchangeable with other spyders? I read a post where someone had 2 ECU's, One with stage 1 and the other with stage 2.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Are ECU's interchangeable with other spyders? I read a post where someone had 2 ECU's, One with stage 1 and the other with stage 2.
    As long as you have both/all ECU's programmed the same for all the other functions, it wouldn't be any different than if you had a replacement engine.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    As long as you have both/all ECU's programmed the same for all the other functions, it wouldn't be any different than if you had a replacement engine.
    So lets say if I buy a second ECU and air filter cover, I could switch between tunes?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

So lets say if I buy a second ECU and air filter cover, I could switch between tunes?
    IF the second ECU was programmed to YOUR bike. you cannot swap ECUs among bikes without programming changes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Hello AY4B,
    with the Maptuner X plus cable, you can switch between Stage 1/2 and your original setting. The upload takes about 5 minutes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    Hello AY4B,
    with the Maptuner X plus cable, you can switch between Stage 1/2 and your original setting. The upload takes about 5 minutes.
    Do they sell in the US?
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Sure, order here online https://www.maptunpowersports.com/tu...v/can-am/92131
    There may also be a dealer in your area (or in the USA) that offers Maptuner X.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone here heard any stories of warranty work denied because of having this flash? Is it easy to see that it is done when doing normal servicing while the computer is hooked up?
    I do know it depends on the dealer. Some are even installing performance upgrades like exhaust and sway bars that are aftermarket. Some Bikes like Harley's require a re flash if you have upgraded the exhaust and intake.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Has anyone here heard any stories of warranty work denied because of having this flash? Is it easy to see that it is done when doing normal servicing while the computer is hooked up?
    I do know it depends on the dealer. Some are even installing performance upgrades like exhaust and sway bars that are aftermarket. Some Bikes like Harley's require a re flash if you have upgraded the exhaust and intake.
    i haven't heard any stories of warranty work being denied because of flashed ecu's . when servicing all they can see that might give it away is max rpm iv just had a service and the dealer didn't spot anything amiss. maptunerx has hardware requirements listed before install stage 101 and 102 have no hardware requirements stage 2 and stage 2 AGR require slipon exhaust. monsterfuel say any exhaust cat delete or stock combo for stage 1 and 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddjim View Post
    i haven't heard any stories of warranty work being denied because of flashed ecu's . when servicing all they can see that might give it away is max rpm iv just had a service and the dealer didn't spot anything amiss. maptunerx has hardware requirements listed before install stage 101 and 102 have no hardware requirements stage 2 and stage 2 AGR require slipon exhaust. monsterfuel say any exhaust cat delete or stock combo for stage 1 and 2
    They only require a mod on Stage 2 for the Air box lid which is included in the price of a stage 2. Those holes they put in the lid would be a red flag for them depending on the dealer. I do not think the dealer I use would care. I would only do a stage one though.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

What are the advantages of increasing the RPM limiter to 8600 or more? I was planing on 8600 on my form but why not leave it at stock if the computer red flags the RPM over stock 8100?
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

the holes in the air-box lid was one of the reasons i went with the maptunerx they look like something i would of done when i was a kid and didn't know any better

Spyder Garage

What are the advantages of increasing the RPM limiter to 8600 or more? I was planing on 8600 on my form but why not leave it at stock if the computer red flags the RPM over stock 8100?
    you get a little more power up top but its not usable as torque drops off at high rpm looks good on a dyno though. i have mine set at 8300 rpm even gunning it i am shifting at around 7600 where it seems to be making the most power/torque i don't think theirs much point in increasing rpm limit other than bragging rights

Spyder Garage

With the MonsterFI stage I with a stock engine i have noticed a more noticeable difference between Econo on and off, throttle response is very different....engaging while at speed requires more throttle to maintain the given speed

Spyder Garage

Well I just put back on the ECU and took a ride. I could tell it had more horse power and a slightly different sound. no pushing the mode button to start but I had chosen to keep that feature. I took it past the stock RPM limit but did not hit the limit they were supposed to set which was 8600. to be honest, I expected a little more but I think someone said it kicks in better later on after some miles.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Mine took about 200 miles before it came alive.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

AY, I got a stage 2 tune from Jase out here, and it required no changes to anything other than the ECU. What I immediately noticed (after 20km of taking it easy) was a much crisper throttle response, and the hesitation I used to get when I hit the freeway on-ramp in 3rd rather than 2nd, was completely gone. The difference in torque was noticeable. I know you only got a stage 1, but I would have thought that the above should be quite noticeable even on a stage 1. I had no interest in increasing rev limits, so I won’t be testing that

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I went on a ryde a week ago and at one point added around 5-6 dollars of regular cus thats all they had then later topped off with premium. Ill try using that gas up and filling up with all premium. I expect at some point for it to come alive like you say.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    You may want to look at the RLS with an additional baffle.
    It's way better...Hypurone and Dennis in Lodi runs that on theirs with great success... I also run that setup on mine...make sure you order it with TWO baffles.
    That is what im doing. I have a Lamonster Cat delete and will get a RLS next week but use just the one baffle it comes with. He is having a sale threw June. 275 for his with free install at his shop.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I think Hypurone is selling his RLS. Might want to see if you can get good deal from him.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    I think Hypurone is selling his RLS. Might want to see if you can get good deal from him.
    which one does he have?
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I just ordered a full RLS exhaust with a Crusher muffler.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I went for ryde #2 today. I was more impressed today. BIG DIFFERENCE!
    2017 F3 Limited