Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Has anybody taken it to max. Speed and witnessed the cut off? On both stage I and stage II?..the stage II could have the limiter removed.
    Yes, Yes and Yes. I complained to Monster Fuel during testing that the speed restrictions need to be addressed. Like Jcthorne says, he claims it's possible then says it's a liability issue, then says it's complicated and overlaid in more that the ECU.
    I have not tested stage 2 yet, It's winter here.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Has anybody taken it to max. Speed and witnessed the cut off? On both stage I and stage II?..the stage II could have the limiter removed.
    I have never seen a "hard & fast" number of what the speed limiter actually is... I have seen info from between 115 all the way up to 127... I don't have the room to run it safely until runs out of breath or hits whatever the speed limiter is. But I'm pushing the latter number currently at 124 in approx 1/2 mile (126 minus the 2mph error on avg)... Not sure I can reach whatever it is with the drag that is induced from my Route 129....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I have never seen a "hard & fast" number of what the speed limiter actually is... I have seen info from between 115 all the way up to 127... I don't have the room to run it safely until runs out of breath or hits whatever the speed limiter is. But I'm pushing the latter number currently at 124 in approx 1/2 mile (126 minus the 2mph error on avg)... Not sure I can reach whatever it is with the drag that is induced from my Route 129....
    The max I went was 125.3 mph at 7400 rpm ..I ran out of freeway...at the end it was still climbing...that 1330 definitely had more still left in it..my cutoff is 8600..so who knows what the cutoff is... especially on a stage II..all in all I'm still happy with what I got...

Spyder Garage

The max I went was 125.3 mph at 7400 rpm ..I ran out of freeway...at the end it was still climbing...that 1330 definitely had more still left in it..my cutoff is 8600..so who knows what the cutoff is... especially on a stage II..all in all I'm still happy with what I got...
    My information on speed limit restrictions must be dated. Until I got the stage 2 flash which I have not tested,, I have been using a stage one that was not the finale version. I kind of burned out with testing and just wanted to ride.
    It seems to me that my F3 Limited has the same speed restrictions as the RT platform. I made Monster fuel aware of my suspicions and asked if they could see this in the files.

Spyder Garage

I have a 17 F3-S SE6. Any drawback to flashing with a semi auto?

Spyder Garage

None at all. Ive only had mine out once with the Flashed ECU------- It's great and the best proformance mod for the $$$.

Lew L

PS; Some say the rear tire get used up a bit quicker
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

From 95 (stock) to 122 horsepower thats a big jump in performance. Im going to assume the dyno testing was done on your RT(with a 79 tooth rear sprocket). The horsepower output is probably higher on a 89 rear tooth sprocket sport model. Add a Few more horsepower if your running a cat delete exhaust with a K & N air filter...all in all, thats a big jump in performance thats inexpensive and easy to do.
    Sprocket size is the equivalent of changing gear ratios. It has no effect on HP output.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

You're right Poseidon...but...the rear sprocket size does have an effect the spyders low to mid range torque ..the power off of the line (In combination with the stage II re-map)...that's why I mentioned it...the RT has 79 tooth sprocket and the sport has 89 tooth sprocket..which is better.

Spyder Garage

Hi all
    I have a 2017 rt with 9,000 miles sway bar and cat delete, i had the stage 2 done and it was warm to day and got out for a nice ride it runs way better then stock very smooth and the power is right there at a slit move of the throtle, i also think it shifts better. Some people say it jumps after 5000 pm but i dont know about that but it sure doesnt slow down.Will tell more when the weather stays warm. I had the flash done in the states at wick-it performance. I didnt have any trouble with them and quick return.

Spyder Garage

OMG... Had enough time to put my ECU back on and take her out for a quick ride around the corner. QUICK IT WAS. This is the machine I thought I was purchasing in 2015. Satisfied so far. Getting oil change and really put it to the test on the highway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    OMG... Had enough time to put my ECU back on and take her out for a quick ride around the corner. QUICK IT WAS. This is the machine I thought I was purchasing in 2015. Satisfied so far. Getting oil change and really put it to the test on the highway.
    AWESOME!!!....let us know how your NEW spyder performs on the highway.

Spyder Garage

Will keep you posted. Most definitely going to need a new back tire. But going to run this one until then.

Spyder Garage

Will keep you posted. Most definitely going to need a new back tire. But going to run this one until then.
    Rear tires are not expensive to replace..so youre good there...did you get stage I or II?

Spyder Garage

Rear tires are not expensive to replace..so youre good there...did you get stage I or II?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Sprocket size is the equivalent of changing gear ratios. It has no effect on HP output.
    Poseidon, You are exactly correct...And that was the exact way BRP chose to increase the performance of the F3's...I'm sure BRP could have reflashed the ECM for more performance...but they took the safest and easiest way to get it to out perform the other models...And I would like to see this happen to the 1330 RT's...larryd

Spyder Garage

Well....I’m disappointed. I expected more with all the hype. There is slightly more power & seems to run a bit better but not as I imgained it would be. Maybe stage 2? Put about 20 miles on it so maybe it will get better. I remember when it was stock & I took it into the dealer for them to replace the throttle assmy. When I got it back it was slower & not as responsive, it took awhile but it slowly came back to normal. Maybe the ECU learns if you drive like an old man or a bat out of hell & adjusts accordingly. Whatever it may be, I hope it does get better. Going for a 400 mile ride this weekend so
    I will report back.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Stage 2

Spyder Garage

Stage 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Well....I’m disappointed. I expected more with all the hype. There is slightly more power & seems to run a bit better but not as I imgained it would be. Maybe stage 2? Put about 20 miles on it so maybe it will get better. I remember when it was stock & I took it into the dealer for them to replace the throttle assmy. When I got it back it was slower & not as responsive, it took awhile but it slowly came back to normal. Maybe the ECU learns if you drive like an old man or a bat out of hell & adjusts accordingly. Whatever it may be, I hope it does get better. Going for a 400 mile ride this weekend so
    I will report back.
    Anxiously awaiting that report...but doesn’t their website say 2 tankfuls of gas to fully “learn” new configuration?

Spyder Garage

I hope that is the case. I didn’t look much at the website, can you provide a link to where it states that?

Spyder Garage

Had mine out today for about 20 miles. Likeing it more every time.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

That’s interesting, JS.....my advice from Jase was to take it easy for the first 20km, and then let it rip...... which I did. There was no “2 tankfulls” mentioned......and I find the powerband and throttle response significantly improved. I wonder where the difference lies with yours? (Jase put a stage 2 in mine because I’m a nice guy ) and there are no downsides for me

Pete

I will report back.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    That’s interesting, JS.....my advice from Jase was to take it easy for the first 20km, and then let it rip...... which I did. There was no “2 tankfulls” mentioned......and I find the powerband and throttle response significantly improved. I wonder where the difference lies with yours? (Jase put a stage 2 in mine because I’m a nice guy ) and there are no downsides for me

Pete
    Yes, this is important. You have to go through the full throttle range to red line.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know how the ECO button affects the flash. I turned the Eco off on mine the day I bought it & it hasn’t been on since. I don’t even want to turn it back on with the flash to see what it does. Just curious if anyone knows. If it gives you ludicrous speed I might try it.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know how the ECO button affects the flash. I turned the Eco off on mine the day I bought it & it hasn’t been on since. I don’t even want to turn it back on with the flash to see what it does. Just curious if anyone knows. If it gives you ludicrous speed I might try it.
    It won't do anything for you power/speed wise. It is only there to "supposedly" increase fuel economy by prompting you to shift sooner (more economical rpm) and possibly retarding the timing some but I'm not 100% on the that...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic