Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash

Just a little Survey for those that have had the ECU Flashed on their Spyder. Could you provide how long it is that you have being riding with the upgrade and what your results have being, etc.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

I've had my flash done a couple months ago on my 2014 RT-Ltd.
    The off the line take off is much better, when you push it past 5000 RPM it's Hold On Tight!!!
    Thought I haven't documented anything, I do think my gas mileage is a bit better as well.
    Not having to wait for the Spyder to go through the start up diagnostics to start it up is a definite bonus!
    The only issue I had is being in Edmonton and at a higher elevation my Spyder was running a bit rich.
    Steve at Monster Fuel Injection suggested he tweak the flash a bit (at no charge) and it's running perfectly!
    Steve has provided nothing but Killer Customer Service!!!
    Last edited by Purple Guy; 05-30-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

The fact he adjusted for the altitude is a big deal to me, it means he cares about the tune. I really have been on the fence about it as I have a PC5, but I am going to do it, he says he can enhance the PC5 relationship and mark-ably improve the V-twin...so I am getting it done.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Krakum1967 who said he adjusted for a different altitude and did they say how they are going to do that

Spyder Garage

I have been running mine for 3 months now and have even changed exhaust config AFTER the flash was done and had no probs with the flash being able to adjust for the increased flow. I highly recommend getting it done. Even if you don't ryde like a madman you will reap benefits in every day ryding like: don't have to downshift to get power or pass, roll-ons are excellent and when you wanna "get the show on the road" in a hurry you will be stoked with how well it gets movin'!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I've been running my V-twin motored 2013 RT Ltd for close on 12 months now with an ECU Upgrade done by Jase at ECU Xtreme here in Aus, and it's nothing short of bloody fantastic!!

THIS is how Spyders should be leaving the factory - better acceleration off the line, better roll on, higher top end, more able to hold in gear as the load increases, & I even get better fuel range than I did pre upgrade (I suspect that's because I don't hafta stir the gearbox anywhere near as much as I did to keep the engine on song & pulling like a train!!) The gear changes are crisper, there are no dead spots or hesitations, it revs freely right out to the (new) red line, it goes like a cut snake & pulls like a train, & some of the engine/nanny parameters have been 'relaxed' just a little so I get to keep on the power in circumstances where before, the nanny would've been cutting things back a little (think F3 engine limits on an RT, if that helps with the concept. ) And it's all done within the 'known safe' parameters of this engine, so I'm not risking hurting anything except maybe my wallet (we do have lotsa speed cameras down here and the latest in laser/lidar speed detection gear too! )

Anyhow, if you want to upgrade your Spyder just a little or even a whole lottle, check out the 'proper' ECU Upgrades out there - NOT the el cheapo 'internet flash' jobs that can (will?) be over-written next time your byke is serviced &/or plugged into BUDS; I mean the proper (& yeah, they are more expensive, but there's obvious reasons for that!) ECU Upgrades that aren't just patches or add-ons, so apart from the higher revs & speeds, won't be readily noticed by BUDS, but they WILL allow you to unleash more of the engine power & torque that BRP designed & built into these things & made available to these same engines when used in other machines, only they de-tuned them & damped them down for our Spyders in order to keep 'the lowest common denominator' of ryders from hurting themselves!!

Jase copies & stores your original set-up as well as recording what upgrades have been applied, so if for any or whatever reason you ever need to go back to the original set-up or need to get the Upgrade modded or restored, it generally only costs you the postage plus any turn around time....

And all up, I'm STOKED! STILL!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-30-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I’m booked in to see Jase next Monday, Peter. I was going to ride up (about 700 km each way), but it is now forecast for 4 days of rain from Sunday (when I was going to set off). I don’t mind riding in the rain, but riding in rain all the way up and back is not high on my list of priorities these days. I’ll either reschedule, remove the ECM and mail it up, or remove the ECM and drive it up(if I feel like a couple of days away). It looks like only 3 bolts and a couple of connectors on the F3-L, although those connectors look like doozeys to disconnect. Jase thinks he has just the tune for me.......not the same as yours as I don’t really need an “into orbit” setting

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I dunno that mine's got an 'into orbit' tune setting Pete, I've seen a couple of comp ATV's with his 'go really fast' tunes, and mine's a whole lot more civilized than they are - it's all just smooooth power delivery from the first twist of the throttle!! Admittedly, IMHO the V-twins are a 'more exciting' engine that is peakier & revs harder than the somewhat 'lethargic' seeming 1330's, which have tons of torque but don't really ever get all that 'exciting' or 'excited' unless you seriously crank that right wrist, & even then it's sorta like a party in a home for Old & Retired Nuns - they are old enough to know how to party, and they may have even seen a wild party once or twice in their lives, but they are far too proper & aware of their standing in the community to ever allow themselves to break out & tarnish that image in the slightest!! But I really do think the ECU Upgrades that Jase does basically make the Spyders do & be what you'd EXPECT them to do & be from the factory for whichever motor you've got!!

Instead of a party for old & retired Nuns, you get a full on Partee!! In the case of the 1330's, it might be a full on Party for healthy & recently retired Baby Boomers who are still very aware of their status & standing in the community & who only want to make people THINK they could have fun & be a bit wild every now & then, but it is full on & they DO sorta 'cut loose' a bit, albeit in a little bit of a restrained & polite way; while the V-twins go from a middle aged weekend golf club 'do' to a full on Twenty to Fifty something week on a Party Cruise Ship!! Not quite a 'throw your car keys into the bowl & see what comes out' type thing, but certainly a bungee jumping, tandem parachuting, never tried to drink that, or that much type of event!!

But whatever way you want to Party, an ECU Upgrade from Jase at ECU Xtreme will make your party a whole lot more FUN!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Dealer reflash

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

I've been running my V-twin motored 2013 RT Ltd for close on 12 months now with an ECU Upgrade done by Jase at ECU Xtreme here in Aus, and it's nothing short of bloody fantastic!!

THIS is how Spyders should be leaving the factory - better acceleration off the line, better roll on, higher top end, more able to hold in gear as the load increases, & I even get better fuel range than I did pre upgrade (I suspect that's because I don't hafta stir the gearbox anywhere near as much as I did to keep the engine on song & pulling like a train!!) The gear changes are crisper, there are no dead spots or hesitations, it revs freely right out to the (new) red line, it goes like a cut snake & pulls like a train, & some of the engine/nanny parameters have been 'relaxed' just a little so I get to keep on the power in circumstances where before, the nanny would've been cutting things back a little (think F3 engine limits on an RT, if that helps with the concept. ) And it's all done within the 'known safe' parameters of this engine, so I'm not risking hurting anything except maybe my wallet (we do have lotsa speed cameras down here and the latest in laser/lidar speed detection gear too! )

Anyhow, if you want to upgrade your Spyder just a little or even a whole lottle, check out the 'proper' ECU Upgrades out there - NOT the el cheapo 'internet flash' jobs that can (will?) be over-written next time your byke is serviced &/or plugged into BUDS; I mean the proper (& yeah, they are more expensive, but there's obvious reasons for that!) ECU Upgrades that aren't just patches or add-ons, so apart from the higher revs & speeds, won't be readily noticed by BUDS, but they WILL allow you to unleash more of the engine power & torque that BRP designed & built into these things & made available to these same engines when used in other machines, only they de-tuned them & damped them down for our Spyders in order to keep 'the lowest common denominator' of ryders from hurting themselves!!

Jase copies & stores your original set-up as well as recording what upgrades have been applied, so if for any or whatever reason you ever need to go back to the original set-up or need to get the Upgrade modded or restored, it generally only costs you the postage plus any turn around time....

And all up, I'm STOKED! STILL!

I'm just wondering, if the dealer uses BUDS for any maintenance, if that erases the flash. If so, there goes $300 down the toilet...Oops i just saw what needs to be done..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerrySpyder View Post
    I'm just wondering, if the dealer uses BUDS for any maintenance, if that erases the flash. If so, there goes $300 down the toilet...Oops i just saw what needs to be done..
    As I said in the post you quoted Terry, that can happen with some of the 'flash' jobs that people get done, and it has been known to happen too - but not with the ECU Upgrade that I've got. Besides, Jase at ECU Xtreme has a record of the upgrade he's applied to mine, so even if, by some miracle, someone managed to erase my ECU's tune, he can (& will) restore it anyway; so at most, I'll be out a few days & the mailing costs.

As with so many things, in this sorta thing, it seems that you really do get pretty much what you pay for!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I have been running mine for 3 months now and have even changed exhaust config AFTER the flash was done and had no probs with the flash being able to adjust for the increased flow. I highly recommend getting it done. Even if you don't ryde like a madman you will reap benefits in every day ryding like: don't have to downshift to get power or pass, roll-ons are excellent and when you wanna "get the show on the road" in a hurry you will be stoked with how well it gets movin'!
    Just curious, after having the flash done, if you have to take the machine into the dealer's and they connect it up to BUDS, does that erase the flash and return the ECM to stock? I'm thinking of getting my 2017 F3-S done, but not if it's going to be reset and see my $$ fly away.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

The flash is guaranteed. If that does happen they will reflash it for free. You just have to pay shipping.I was wondering how many times that has happened. I do not remember any posts here saying it happened.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I had Monster do mine about a month ago. At first I did not notice any difference til I realized the rear tire was spinning and it got up to 60 real fast. Haven't ridden as much as I would like and I'm having surgery on the 6th of June. So far I am very happy. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Just discovered the DYNOJET is available for my RTS:
    https://cart.dynojet.com/c-3197-2015.aspx
    Last edited by El Dorado; 11-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    2015 RTS
    Replaced Catalytic Converter with Lamonster Pipe

Rivco Flag Holders
    Tricled wideview mirrors
    Garage door opener
    Zumo GPS
    Ultimate seat
    F4 windshield with vent
    Doc's belt damper
    Value Accessories RAM mount
    Baja Ron sway bar and Links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
    Just discovered the DYNO
    JET is available for my RTS: https://cart.dynojet.com/c-3197-2015.aspx
    wait for the programmer to come out

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Just a little Survey for those that have had the ECU Flashed on their Spyder. Could you provide how long it is that you have being riding with the upgrade and what your results have being, etc.
    Had the remapping done by Monster back in March 2018 for my 2017-F3T …

The thing now pulls like a train with absolutely no dead spots what so ever … The difference is amazing … Best value for $$$ for improved torque and HP (as recorded by my seat of the pants tacho and eyes being forced backwards into their sockets) I've made in a long, long time ..

Spyder Garage

I had my F-3 ecu re-mapped stage one a month ago.. along with a RLS cat bypass in which I had Ricky add two additional baffles....its a whole different spyder....im considering uprading to stage II in the spring...I went to the dragstrip a 1/8 track and measured the performance before and after the remap... the timing differences were really noticiable..real gains...so its worth the money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I had my F-3 ecu re-mapped stage one a month ago.. along with a RLS cat bypass in which I had Ricky add two additional baffles....its a whole different spyder....im considering uprading to stage II in the spring...I went to the dragstrip a 1/8 track and measured the performance before and after the remap... the timing differences were really noticiable..real gains...so its worth the money.
    I wasn’t so interested in that side, gunner, but I can understand those who are. The biggest plus for me was no more lag in 2nd/3rd gear, smooooooooth acceleration and a generally crisper throttle response. I’m a very happy camper with my stage 2.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I wasn’t so interested in that side, gunner, but I can understand those who are. The biggest plus for me was no more lag in 2nd/3rd gear, smooooooooth acceleration and a generally crisper throttle response. I’m a very happy camper with my stage 2.

Pete
    Drag racing may not be your thing...but....I actually did a real life timing run pre tune and post tune..the clock don't lie so the tune is legit not hearsay..real data!!..this was needed to show people the tune is real...and worth paying for..the 1/8 the pre run was 8.829 sec..at 74 mph..post tune...1/8 track my time is 8.497 sec at 85 mph!!..and I wasn't trying...I know it will do 8.450 or less.. this here is what people need to see..this is stage I ...I can imagine stage II.

Spyder Garage

Did anyone try MaptunerX? For MaptunerX, 2 maps will be available for 2-cylinder vehicles with 2013 and 3-cylinder models. Stage 1 without modification on the vehicle, Stage 2 with sports air filter and exhaust. Who has the sports mode gets the tuning recorded only in this area. So then would be Eco = reduced power, normal = standard power, sport = increased power. My question is, if someone has the tuning play and how the results are, like also by PN. I suspect that it is in the tuning range of Monster injection moves.
    Last edited by Micha.; 12-22-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...
    Cool! Dennis is also in the process of testing the Stage II Flash and looking forward to both your data sets....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Just installed my Monster ECU, since its snowing talk to me in May ☹️☹️

Spyder Garage

Nice...did you get stage I or stage II?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    Just installed my Monster ECU, since its snowing talk to me in May ☹️☹️