Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Just discovered the DYNOJET is available for my RTS:
    https://cart.dynojet.com/c-3197-2015.aspx
    Last edited by El Dorado; 11-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    2015 RTS
    Replaced Catalytic Converter with Lamonster Pipe

Rivco Flag Holders
    Tricled wideview mirrors
    Garage door opener
    Zumo GPS
    Ultimate seat
    F4 windshield with vent
    Doc's belt damper
    Value Accessories RAM mount
    Baja Ron sway bar and Links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
    Just discovered the DYNO
    JET is available for my RTS: https://cart.dynojet.com/c-3197-2015.aspx
    wait for the programmer to come out

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Just a little Survey for those that have had the ECU Flashed on their Spyder. Could you provide how long it is that you have being riding with the upgrade and what your results have being, etc.
    Had the remapping done by Monster back in March 2018 for my 2017-F3T …

The thing now pulls like a train with absolutely no dead spots what so ever … The difference is amazing … Best value for $$$ for improved torque and HP (as recorded by my seat of the pants tacho and eyes being forced backwards into their sockets) I've made in a long, long time ..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I’m just going to say this is so sad even before I ask it.

What is an ECU, where is it and are there instructions anywhere on how to remove it or send it in.

Flame away.

In a nutshell, the ECU or ECM (Engine Control Unit / Engine Control Module) is what controls the engine operating parameters such as ignition timing and Air Fuel Ratios per given load/throttle position/engine temp etc etc. It is located on the left side of the byke behind the upper plastic. There are videos and some written instructions out there for removal.... It is basically 3 bolts and 2 connectors (though the connectors can be a bit tricky) once you have the plastics off... I'd say ryde it up here and I'll walk you thru it but that sounds like a lot of work to just have to repeat it once you get back home! 8-(

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I had my F-3 ecu re-mapped stage one a month ago.. along with a RLS cat bypass in which I had Ricky add two additional baffles....its a whole different spyder....im considering uprading to stage II in the spring...I went to the dragstrip a 1/8 track and measured the performance before and after the remap... the timing differences were really noticiable..real gains...so its worth the money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I had my F-3 ecu re-mapped stage one a month ago.. along with a RLS cat bypass in which I had Ricky add two additional baffles....its a whole different spyder....im considering uprading to stage II in the spring...I went to the dragstrip a 1/8 track and measured the performance before and after the remap... the timing differences were really noticiable..real gains...so its worth the money.
    I wasn’t so interested in that side, gunner, but I can understand those who are. The biggest plus for me was no more lag in 2nd/3rd gear, smooooooooth acceleration and a generally crisper throttle response. I’m a very happy camper with my stage 2.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Did anyone try MaptunerX? For MaptunerX, 2 maps will be available for 2-cylinder vehicles with 2013 and 3-cylinder models. Stage 1 without modification on the vehicle, Stage 2 with sports air filter and exhaust. Who has the sports mode gets the tuning recorded only in this area. So then would be Eco = reduced power, normal = standard power, sport = increased power. My question is, if someone has the tuning play and how the results are, like also by PN. I suspect that it is in the tuning range of Monster injection moves.
    Last edited by Micha.; 12-22-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I wasn’t so interested in that side, gunner, but I can understand those who are. The biggest plus for me was no more lag in 2nd/3rd gear, smooooooooth acceleration and a generally crisper throttle response. I’m a very happy camper with my stage 2.

Pete
    Drag racing may not be your thing...but....I actually did a real life timing run pre tune and post tune..the clock don't lie so the tune is legit not hearsay..real data!!..this was needed to show people the tune is real...and worth paying for..the 1/8 the pre run was 8.829 sec..at 74 mph..post tune...1/8 track my time is 8.497 sec at 85 mph!!..and I wasn't trying...I know it will do 8.450 or less.. this here is what people need to see..this is stage I ...I can imagine stage II.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But Fat'n, you coulda had yours done by Jase at ECU Xtreme just down the road on the Gold Coast..... woulda been back a helluva lot quicker, & a whole lot easier to get any upgrades or fine -tuning done!! (And arguably a whooole lot better too! )
    what's the web address for ECU xtreme?
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    what's the web address for ECU xtreme?
    Email Jase at rotaxracing@gmail.com - and if the cost surprises you a little, please ask him to explain why. IMHO, it's more'n worth every cent!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...

Spyder Garage

Today, I sent in the ECU and airbox lid in to be upgraded to a re-map stage II. I already have the race data for stock and Stage I. now for the next step...
    Cool! Dennis is also in the process of testing the Stage II Flash and looking forward to both your data sets....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Just installed my Monster ECU, since its snowing talk to me in May ☹️☹️

Spyder Garage

......and that’s where I believe the ECU upgrades contain so much value, gunner. They give YOU better measurable times on the drag strip, and ME, crisper, balanced performance when touring. The stage 2 upgrade will certainly be done on any new Spyder I buy.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Why the air box lid ?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Why the air box lid ?
    …. I'd love to see a Pic of what they did …. The Air box that encloses the filter has a long plastic intake that opens above the radiator air scoop. I removed that plastic intake for others reasons, but when I did I could see how small the air slots were. I'm very old school in my feelings about opening any Air Intake to allow easier breathing ( remember the Shaker hoods on cars )…. I also removed the rubber elbow which left a 3 inch Hole in the Air Box.… I connected a 3 in. metal tube that goes thru the left side panel ( see my albums for a pic ) ….. Better breathing was the goal, and I achieved that, however if the ECU isn't re-mapped not much change can occur because the Oem ECU in it's design will adjust to any breathing improvements you make. Either to the Intake Air or the Exhaust …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Nice...did you get stage I or stage II?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    Just installed my Monster ECU, since its snowing talk to me in May ☹️☹️
    Nice...did get stage I or stage II?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …. I'd love to see a Pic of what they did …. The Air box that encloses the filter has a long plastic intake that opens above the radiator air scoop. I removed that plastic intake for others reasons, but when I did I could see how small the air slots were. I'm very old school in my feelings about opening any Air Intake to allow easier breathing ( remember the Shaker hoods on cars )…. I also removed the rubber elbow which left a 3 inch Hole in the Air Box.… I connected a 3 in. metal tube that goes thru the left side panel ( see my albums for a pic ) ….. Better breathing was the goal, and I achieved that, however if the ECU isn't re-mapped not much change can occur because the Oem ECU in it's design will adjust to any breathing improvements you make. Either to the Intake Air or the Exhaust …… Mike

I removed my whole factory air intake/cleaner years ago. I would assume when I have a remap I would simply tell them that and they can put it in their equation.

Would like to know what they are doing to the factory cover though.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I removed my whole factory air intake/cleaner years ago. I would assume when I have a remap I would simply tell them that and they can put it in their equation.

and would like to see their set-up …...as I said above I just modified the OEM hole left by removing the factory ELBOE …. the 3in connecting pipe I used is cut in half so my FRUNK just slides on and off with no problem...… I did mine back in the winter of 2014 ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I was hoping Dennis would see this and post the pic he sent me of his that he just got back from Monster. Here it is. Nothing to write home about for sure. With the size and placement of the holes I see only hotter engine bay air and questionable flow gains, but time and testing will tell.... Dennis is weather locked at the moment but is contemplating a "trip" to warmer weather to do his testing. 308gunner has received his as well as is testing I believe....
    6491_1547392402134.jpg6492_1547392402451.jpg

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I was hoping Dennis would see this and post the pic he sent me of his that he just got back from Monster. Here it is. Nothing to write home about for sure. With the size and placement of the holes I see only hotter engine bay air and questionable flow gains, but time and testing will tell.... Dennis is weather locked at the moment but is contemplating a "trip" to warmer weather to do his testing. 308gunner has received his as well as is testing I believe....
    6491_1547392402134.jpg6492_1547392402451.jpg
    The holes are roughly 1 3/8 ". When my lid is on I'm barely able to insert my fingers in the holes as the air filter top blocks 70% of the hole openings. Hard to see in the assembled pic. I have been showed some dyno runs. Stock, vs. stage one, vs. stage two. Off idle to red line, Stage one has about 20% gain over stock. Stage two vs. stage one has the two hp graphs separating around 4,500 rpm and only modestly over the stage one to red line. All dynos seem to read different. There is some big gains in torque but neither Hyperone or I can figure out if the biggest torque gain for stage two is the highest torque reading. It's a really piss poor e-mail pic of the test. Here is what I see on this Dyno. Stock Daytona around 98 hp at the real wheel? Stage One around 118 hp and Stage two around 122 hp.
    I was asked not to show the Dyno test as they will be up on the Monster fuel site soon.
    Maybe Hyperone has had a chance to better dissect the torque charts but it shows some pretty serious torque gains happening.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Maybe Hyperone has had a chance to better dissect the torque charts but it shows some pretty serious torque gains happening.
    Dennis
    Sorry Dennis, no. The more I look at it the more my eyes hurt. That thing is an ugly mess!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

ECU pulled ( EZ) and boxed, ready for shipment. I'm doing a stage 1 flash with a slight RPM increase and the instant start feature.

Any advice is appriciated.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Instant start?

Do you mean you don’t have to wait for the message?