Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Hey folks, I'm not too familiar with the Power Commander. If I were to install a PCV it remaps the ECU for more power, and if I needed to take my machine in for servicing I could just un plug the PCV and the shop would not know the ECU was remapped? Have I got that right?
    Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Ok I’m convinced. Not a matter of if but when.

Same here, just can’t find the time to figure out where the ECU is on a STS, pull it and send it. Lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    Hey folks, I'm not too familiar with the Power Commander. If I were to install a PCV it remaps the ECU for more power, and if I needed to take my machine in for servicing I could just un plug the PCV and the shop would not know the ECU was remapped? Have I got that right?
    Thanks in advance.
    The Power Commader V piggy Backs thru the PC to the ECU it does not remap the ECU ,.Yes you could unplug it when servicing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    It's been shipped

Any bets on Spyd_Piper first name--------- I'll go with Steve ( from Monster FI )
    Hey Lew....did you get your ECU back yet???

Spyder Garage

Default Waiting on ECU

No, as a matter of fact. I'm waiting ( with baited breath ) for the delivery-------- BUT------ the weather here is terrible. I used the snowblower 2x and 2x today. There will be one more episode with the snow machine before the day is done. The "Polar Vortex" ( otherwise known as winter in the central/eastern US.) has caused its usually chaos with transportation, ect.

Even after it arrives the streets here are going to be well iced up. I'll have to wait.

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 02-04-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: punctuat!on
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well the flashed ECU has been in Chicago since last Friday. It was supposed to be deliver on the 6th. Good luck USPS.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the Crazy Weather we had here in Chicago the last week and a ice storm tonight you may get it by the end of the month..

Spyder Garage

I had a package held up for 3 extra days because it traveled through that area.

Spyder Garage

Well the flashed ECU has been in Chicago since last Friday. It was supposed to be deliver on the 6th. Good luck USPS.
    hopefully it have some movement this week. Id give it another week. keep us posted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    hopefully it have some movement this week. Id give it another week. keep us posted.
    You bet. Could complain but it certainly wouldn't help. Roads in my neighborhood are still snow/ice covered. I'll just go fast skiing but ANOTHER three day storm is due starting tonite.

Lew L

PS: USPS says it's out for delivery today

Spyder Garage

You bet. Could complain but it certainly wouldn't help. Roads in my neighborhood are still snow/ice covered. I'll just go fast skiing but ANOTHER three day storm is due starting tonite.

Lew L

PS: USPS says it's out for delivery today
    Then you should have it today or tommorrow..Im excited for you...Im sure others here are happy for you too...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    Then you should have it today or tommorrow..Im excited for you...Im sure others here are happy for you too...
    I'm excited 4 me 2. ANNNND it just arrived. But it's far to cold in my shop to install it. I'll heat up the shop tomorrow in install but won't be able to test for a while.

Lew L

Spyder Garage

I'm excited 4 me 2. ANNNND it just arrived. But it's far to cold in my shop to install it. I'll heat up the shop tomorrow in install but won't be able to test for a while.

Lew L
    You have it back and will have it installed tommorrow..thats all that matters..when springtime comes you will be good to go....Congrats....welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Spyder Garage

New things appear everyday . Went back to dynojet site and now they have it configurable for the 2018 F3-S .
    So I input info to see products available and guess what pops up ? The Power Vision CX .
    looking into that it is a ecu re-flasher and they have 2 tunes available for it .
    From the horses mouth
    "The Power Commander is a piggy-back device that must be installed to function. The Power Vision CX is a re-flash device that doesn’t need to be installed. Both will give you more performance and improved drive-ability by adjusting the fuel & ignition, however, the Power Vision CX allows tune changes that can only occur by re-flashing the ECM such as: lowering cooling fan turn on temp, disabling torque limiting functions, and revised drive-by-wire profiles. The Power Commander offers faster real-time tuning through the device whereas the Power Vision CX requires the ECM to be re-flashed after changes are made to the tune."
    So now 2 choices from dynojet
    hmmm

Spyder Garage

Then, let's go. Buy and report. I will report on the MaptunerX in April.

Spyder Garage

i received this today from maptunerx.
    Thanks for your email.
    We have stage 1 and stage 2 for your 2017 spyder f3s daytona
    Stage 1 + 7Hp
    Stage 2 with sport exhaust +9Hp
    Tune will only affect sport mode.
    Speed Limiter is removed with both stages.
    dynojet told me to expect around 10%hp gain with the powervision v3.
    power gains seem low compared to the monster fuel tunes +22hp ?.
    would be interesting to know what monsters secret sauce is as 22%hp gain seems high for a naturally aspirated engine re-map
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I won't claim I know HOW Monster gets to their number, however the Rotax used in the Aprilla ( which is also naturally aspirated ) claims about 160 HP …… So I think the power is in the Rotax !!!! ……….. I know about power to weight ratio's, so 10% power increase will show up on a DYNO, but not really in " seat of the pants " or 1/4 mile ( or passing ability )………….. anecdotal evidence from forum members - says Monster is the way to spend your money …..jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

It sure would be nice if ALL these companies selling ECU upgrades/add ons could PROVE their gains with a dyno print out. I spent my $$$ on the Monster tune based on what many folks here raved on about ( they can't all be on the payroll). I wanted plug and play-- so that's what I got.

Lew L

Spyder Garage

It sure would be nice if ALL these companies selling ECU upgrades/add ons could PROVE their gains with a dyno print out. I spent my $$$ on the Monster tune based on what many folks here raved on about ( they can't all be on the payroll). I wanted plug and play-- so that's what I got.

Lew L
    ……… However from what I've read about Dyno-ing any Spyder, it is a bit complicated...… But I think for a TUNER who is selling this type of product it would be worthwhile financially to have it done ……. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I won't claim I know HOW Monster gets to their number, however the Rotax used in the Aprilla ( which is also naturally aspirated ) claims about 160 HP …… So I think the power is in the Rotax !!!! ……….. I know about power to weight ratio's, so 10% power increase will show up on a DYNO, but not really in " seat of the pants " or 1/4 mile ( or passing ability )………….. anecdotal evidence from forum members - says Monster is the way to spend your money …..jmho …. Mike
    torque limiter and throttle position adjustment alone would give you " seat of the pants " or 1/4 mile improvements . i cant understand why dynojet & maptunerx would be 12% lower than with the monster tune.
    after all its the same ecu tables there modifying.
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddjim View Post
    the aprilia RSV Mille version of the 998 has different cams pistons and totally different major components and 143 HP. it's based on the same platform but not the same internally.
    torque limiter and throttle position adjustment alone would give you " seat of the pants " or 1/4 mile improvements . i cant understand why dynojet & maptunerx would be 12% lower than with the monster tune.
    after all its the same ecu tables there modifying.
    First thank you for correcting my HP number - but what I was pointing out was that the normally aspirated ROTAX engine has lots of ponies in it - that can be released ……… with the proper engine parts...…….. and does require a TURBO or Supercharger ……… Mike

Spyder Garage

Whether 7 PS or 9 PS or 10% more horsepower is almost no matter. The force that drives you forward is important. Under what speed the newtonmeter are available. The overall package then makes the improved driveability and not the top performance, which may only be available at 8500 - 9000.

Spyder Garage

Dyno Jet Power Vision
    “PVCX TUNES AVAILABLE

Can-Am Spyder RT 2016 has tunes, see below.

7C1153OA7VKS1 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    7C1153OD6VMS5 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake”

Why 2016 and up? Aren’t the 1300s the same? And what are the differences between two tunes? No longer own a PC so I’m screwed ......

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the Dynojet Power Vision, it seems to be user customizable and uses the existing port to connect. We'll see how she goes!

https://cart.dynojet.com/p-3069-power-vision.aspx

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Just a little Survey for those that have had the ECU Flashed on their Spyder. Could you provide how long it is that you have being riding with the upgrade and what your results have being, etc.
    Mine was done in early November 2018. Stage 2, and I am so satisfied with the vehicle now. Performance better, higher torque, no negatives. Fuel consumption the same, slightly better if you ride at constant speeds. But we live in the Adelaide hills, so the extra power is applied.
    Very happy.
    2016 F3Ltd , Red