Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
I have been testing flashes for Monster fuel since the beginning of this journey. I have two ECUs, stage 1 and 2.Both ECUs are dialed in and it's kind of cool that they are plug and play. It's really hard to tell which is which but here is two things that separate the flashes.
1. stage 1 has more instant starting power. from a dead stop, it breaks the wheel loose with straight throttle. It's hit and miss if stage 2 will break loose. I don't think this translates to a real staring advantage for either flash. But, I can tell them apart by starting power.
2. Mid range cruising around, mixed traffic, higher gears I can't tell any advantage or disadvantage between the flashes.
3. OK, things start to happen which are real nice in the upper rpm range with the stage 2 flash. It seems to start to separate from stage 1 around 6,800 rpm. But what it does really different for performance is how cleanly it pulls to red line. Stage 1 is flat going from 7,600 rpm to red line but stage 2 really shines in this area. To me it feels like 5 to 6 hp more in this area of the rpm range.

Dennis

Just my opinion from my testing. This is cold weather driving and Iv'e only heard the fan come on once.
Thanks for the review and up-date …… from personal experience with combustion engines …. if you can FEEL it, I think it's quite a bit MORE than 5-6 HP ………. this is approx. 6-7% increase in power and it would have a very small effect on what you would be able to feel ….JMHO … Mike