Spyder Garage

Default Dealer Excellence defined.

At the end of April my son, his wife and I made our nearly annual trip to Northwest Arkansas lodging in Eureka Springs. My son, Jason and his wife Angie ride a 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide while I (Jacob) ride a 2010 CanAm Spyder RTS - SM5. I've been on my 2010 Spyder since June of 2017 coming off a 2009 HD Ultra Glide which I rode for a little less then a year. Previous to that I rode for many years on Honda Gold Wings. Last summer the Spyder started to throw a code causing the Check Engine Light to come on. But there was no effect on how the engine started, ran or the fuel mileage. It was nearly time to put the bike into hibernation for the winter so I put it away until this spring. The code was P0107 which is "Manifold Air Pressure sensor voltage too low." The bike wasn't out of storage too long before we were scheduled to go to Arkansas so I had the oil changed and I wasn't able to tend to the fault. The bike behaved well with no other symptoms other then the CE light during the 450 mile ride to Eureka Springs.

The following day we decided to go to Rogers, AR. via Highway 62 which is a very curvy road for about 10 to 15 miles west of Eureka Springs. As luck would have it a little way out of Eureka Springs the Spyder starting running like it was in Limp Mode. Not a good things in the Ozark hills and windy roads. Pulled off the road stopped the engine. And checked for additional codes. Got a P1614 which is "Throttle idle position failure on throttle release.". After a short time I restarted the engine and that code resolved itself and rode with no further symptoms other than the CE light. In Rogers we did a Google search for CanAm dealers and found Bradford Marine and ATV in Springdale, AR. Very close to Rogers. Rode the bike over and was told that the tech could look at the bike at 2:00 in the afternoon. Their customary charge is $65 for most diagnosis if it can be performed in about 1/2 hour. If the repair is made by Bradford Marine that $65 will be applied to the total repair bill.

The diagnosis showed that the sensor was indeed bad and needed replacing. Problem was that no sensor was in their parts inventory. The tech asked for a little more time to try to come up with a solution. Which of course, I okay'd. About and hour later he came out of the shop and said that it was fixed. He said that he found a used sensor which he installed and it works. He said the he couldn't guarantee his work because of the used sensor. Therefore he wasn't going to charge for the sensor and I only owed the $65 for the original diagnosis fee plus tax. I was elated. Not every dealer will make that big an effort and not charge much for a stranger from out of town.

A month later now and the Spyder has not thrown any codes so the fix is good. Thank you Bradford Marine and ATV for your excellent service and your above board honesty.
    Jaap Kroes
    Ham Radio Call Sign KR0ES
    2014 Pearl White RTS SE5
    2010 RTS - SM5 , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good for you

Good for you and I love hearing about a dealer that "get's it"!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seemed to work out well.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GREAT DEALER SERVICE

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    Good for you and I love hearing about a dealer that "get's it"!
    Rob
    ........... however I wish this was the NORM & not the exception ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Agree

thanks for the review. Always nice to hear and know about good dealers as they are few and far between....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they gave you their very best efforts!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Bradford Marine is where I purchased mine at

Great folks and I also had a very good experience with them when I purchased mine last year. Good to hear ..!
    thanks.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

They will be very close to me. Worth checking on them when the time comes.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-29-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Now For The Flip Side of The Dealer Coin!

Had new Continental tires put on the front of my Spyder to replace the worn out Kendas but wasn't satisfied with the balancing job that was done at the time. Took the wheels off ourselves and CALLED Twin County Motorsports & Marine in Rocky Mount, N.C. before going over there and asked if they could balance them for me. Was told "Sure, bring them on and we'll fix you right up!" So, took wheels to them and the service guy took one of them on back into the service area and came back out in a few minutes telling us they couldn't balance them! They didn't have the correct attachment for their balancing machine to fit the Spyder's front rims! Now...GET THIS...they ARE a Can Am dealer and sell Spyders at their dealership! Does this tell you anything???!!! I'll NEVER be taking my Spyder to them for ANYTHING! So, buyers/shoppers beware! Just wanted to let ya'll know about this! Be sure to check out the service dept. of your dealer BEFORE buying from them! (I had bought my Spyder used and not from this dealer.)
    2014 RT-S SM6 , Circuit Yellow