Spyder Garage

Default 2008 rs Bajaron sway bar

Just bought a 2008 RS with 10500 miles on it. Was having a lot of fun with it, and then I put the bajaron sway bar on it--I read the reviews but the main reason I purchased it was for when my wife or kids took the bike out and wanting it to feel as safe as possible. I could not have imagined how big a difference that would make. Before putting the bar on, I had put over 300 miles on it in the first 2 weeks of ownership, since putting the bar on, I have rydden another 200 miles. I read where someone wondered if it would make a difference in mostly highway riding-- YES, the stability if gives as youre going straight is unreal compared with the oem bar. I mainly ride on 2 lane country roads 45-55mph speed limit and winds and oncoming cars dont effect the line now that the spyder is tracking. The way the spyder holds the turns is also so much better. The closest analogy I can compare it to from my experiences, is the difference between flying a plane that the trim is not adjusted, to flying that same plane once you have adjusted the trim, once you feel the difference as a pilot, youre going to make sure your plane is always trimmed properly. If I had just purchased the last bajaron sway bar, the only was I would sell it, is if I was selling the bike with it--no way I would want to go back to ryding the spyder without it. Thank You for a great product and the substantial improvement it has made on an already wonderful product.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice recap...👍

Another confirmation of a product that has changed the handling of many a spydet and pleased thier owners...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi TB,

I also have a 2008 Spyder. It's a GS990 SM5. Does this model have the Heim Joint Links? If yes, did you change them from the Plastic to the Metal aftermarket links?

Thanks,
    Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TomRobinson View Post
    Hi TB,

I also have a 2008 Spyder. It's a GS990 SM5. Does this model have the Heim Joint Links? If yes, did you change them from the Plastic to the Metal aftermarket links?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I can't tell you if this customer purchased links or not. But all Spyder models and years have the same plastic Heim Joint Links. So the answer to that question is 'Yes'.

And though I do sell this particular bar kit with or without the end links. I highly recommend getting the links. Not only will they eliminate any potential for breakage. The end links also enhance the effect of the sway bar upgrade as well. You will not get the same level of improvement without getting the upgraded link set.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-11-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...