Spyder Garage

Default F3s Rear Shock availability

Now that my F3s has some years and some miles I decided it was time to replace the rear shock. Since the OEM was fine (typically only ride this one solo) I saw no reason to look at the more expensive options. I did plan to pick up the "Two Up" model this time around. Jumped over to PowerSportswarehouse and got a page not found. Thought maybe I put in the wrong part number. No luck. Flipped over to Cheapcycleparts with the same results. Wondered if there was a part number change but all of the current online listing show the same part number. Curious why the "Two Up" would no longer be available from these sites. At one time they were about 25% less then other online sources. Are they there and am I just failing in my search abilities.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Default 219400739

here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-Spyder.../dp/B01MG54T0U
    PART #: 219400739

i ride 1 UP all the time, and i bottomed-out in New York and it about killed my back... when i got home, i bought and installed the 2UP, and have been loving it ever since...
    20170830_110440.jpg 20170830_113900.jpg 20170831_113737.jpg 20170831_122612.jpg
    the 2UP has 8 coils vs. 4 on the OEM shock....
    best of luck...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Looks like I may have to go that route. Several places have it and all at the same price. CheapCycle and PowerSports used to sell it at $149.99. Guess I should have gotten it earlier. Like your paint job! What did you use for paint?

CJ JAX

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-Spyder.../dp/B01MG54T0U
    PART #: 219400739

i ride 1 UP all the time, and i bottomed-out in New York and it about killed my back... when i got home, i bought and installed the 2UP, and have been loving it ever since...
    20170830_110440.jpg 20170830_113900.jpg 20170831_113737.jpg 20170831_122612.jpg
    the 2UP has 8 coils vs. 4 on the OEM shock....
    best of luck...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default CHEVY ENGINERED

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Looks like I may have to go that route. Several places have it and all at the same price. CheapCycle and PowerSports used to sell it at $149.99. Guess I should have gotten it earlier. Like your paint job! What did you use for paint?

CJ JAX
    20170830_114203 (1).jpg
    CHEVY ENGINE RED.... about a 99% perfect match...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Must be going color blind as I get older. I mean both Chevy AND BRP say this is red.....

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    20170830_114203 (1).jpg
    CHEVY ENGINE RED.... about a 99% perfect match...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Elka Suspension is awesome

The stock shocks on my 2015 F3S are total garbage for a $20k bike.

I put stage 3 Elka's on the Front and Stage 5 on the rear. My wife rides with me about 75% of the time and she got tired of getting her low back slammed when the back shock bottomed out (she only weighs 130lbs, so it's not a weight problem).

Have not bottomed out the bike since the Elka's. Can corner faster and have way more confidence at high speeds.

Huge upgrade. It was about $1650 of investment, worth every penny.

Now that my F3s has some years and some miles I decided it was time to replace the rear shock. Since the OEM was fine (typically only ride this one solo) I saw no reason to look at the more expensive options. I did plan to pick up the "Two Up" model this time around. Jumped over to PowerSportswarehouse and got a page not found. Thought maybe I put in the wrong part number. No luck. Flipped over to Cheapcycleparts with the same results. Wondered if there was a part number change but all of the current online listing show the same part number. Curious why the "Two Up" would no longer be available from these sites. At one time they were about 25% less then other online sources. Are they there and am I just failing in my search abilities.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Must be going color blind as I get older. I mean both Chevy AND BRP say this is red.....
    Nope, no color blindness on our end, but def on some mfg'ers ends.... facepalm.gif

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic