I've had this bike for a few months now and I thought I would get around to posting some of my mods here.

Floorboards.

I've been looking to do some floorboards for quite a while, I finally got around to fabricating a pair made from 1/4" diamondplate aluminum. I got the aluminum when I had some chocks for the trailer made a couple of months ago at a local sheetmetal shop. I probably paid about 20-30 for the material, not quite sure since it was one price for everything. Add in about 20-30 for hardware and the rubber and its about 50-60 for the boards total.

Started out with making two templates out of plywood. Much easier to play with this then the metal itself.

IMG_20180524_193117790_HDR.jpg

I wanted the boards to be very stiff and stable. I had asked for them to be made in 1/4" diamond plate but they did them in 1/8" so I went with those. When you are working with a commercial shop, you dont want to be a pain in the butt, so I'm very flexible in turnaround time and such so they keep working with me.

IMG_20180524_193038950_HDR.jpg

I wanted these boards to span the front footpegs as well as have support all the way in the back. I was going to use an L brace to hold it to the slot for the rear foot rests but got an idea in the hardware store about using a large bolt and then some hard rubber to act as the mount and provide some more vibration isolation. I ended up ordering a 4" square of hard rubber off amazon as well as some 5" long 1/2" stainless carriage bolts. I bolted the carriage bolts in from the back and secured it with a stainless washer and nut.

I first drilled two 1/2" holes in the rubber block on the drill press and then cut the block on the bandsaw. I trimmed the length of the block a bit so I had enough screw thread left to put a lock nut on.

IMG_20180524_194703674.jpgIMG_20180524_200532007_HDR.jpg

At this stage I had already cut the diamond plate and smoothed the edges from the bandsaw. I then drilled 4 holes in each rubber block as accurately as I could on the drill press so I could use the blocks as the template for marking the aluminum.

IMG_20180524_200432719.jpg

End part 1