Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    Look on Amazon for something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it a few months ago. Right now its 50 bucks, uses same sensors as FOBO or anybody else for that matter. Pull the battery from one sensor before you install it, and it will show two front wheels and only one rear. Velcro the display to the top of the dash or somewhere else that you can see it. Sunlight keeps it charged for a very long time, like weeks or months. No cell phone app, no charging and it costs about what one sensor does with FOBO. And yes, dont bother with the locknuts, just treat them like big valve caps.
    Is this still functioning good for you? Anything you would change or advice? I ordered mine and they arrived today?

Spyder Garage

I have had my FOBO for a few months now. I did not install it with the lock nut because I keep my Spyder garaged and rarely do I leave it parked unattended, and even if I did -- like somebody said, who would steal a sending unit? It's very convenient to walk up to the trike, turn on the FOBO app and voila! I can instantly tell that my pressure is okay to ride. OTOH, there are two minor problems, one of which is my own fault:

Problem 1: It's a little harder to add air than before. When mounted thusly, they are indeed the equivalent of regular valve caps, but that also means you have to remove the FOBO while you are adding air, and you can't read the FOBO for that tire until you put them back again, and so if you are off you can go back and forth, over and over, remove and replace, remove and replace, which leads to Problem #2. I wish I had the T-valves but could not see removing all three wheels and re-mounting the tires for this. If I ever replace my tires, I will add T-valves then.

Problem 2: The FOBO gives the pressure readings down to the tenth of a pound. This helpful feature thus allows a nitnoid user such as myself to nitpick the air pressure to the point of absurdity. I find myself adding and bleeding pressure for an hour, remove and replace, remove and replace, remove and replace, just to make sure all three tires have EXACTLY the correct pressure down to the tenth of a pound. Yes, I know this is entirely stupid and my fault. OTOH, I was never this nitnoid before I got the FOBO!

Spyder Garage

I have enjoyed the original FOBO because it makes it so easy to check tire pressure. When one went dead I just replaced the 2032 battery and it works again. I set the alarms so they wouldn't go off so readily. I recently replaced them with the FOBO II which are smaller and are quicker to respond to the app. FOBO II sensors use Bluetooth 5 technology. They have new features like slow and fast leak, multiple of mode alerts remote monitoring and group ride monitoring. So far, the new app is not available in BRP Connect. (yet)

Love 'em.

ACzPdJonQqKyqcfigJA9VA.jpg

Susie - 2018 RT-Limited with 8400 miles so far . . .
    '13 Spyder ST-L with 21k miles
    '04 GL1800 with 91k miles
    '97 GL1500 with 87k miles
    '95 GL1500 with 102k miles
    '89 GL1500 with 96k miles
    '83 GL1100 with 117k miles
    '81 Honda Silverwing with 36k miles
    '79 Kaw 400LTD with 26k miles
    GWRRA - 39 yrs - Life Member
    AMA - 39 yrs
    Just remember, if common sense is so common, why do few people have it?

Spyder Garage

We no longer use ours either. The final straw for me was I have 3 bricked sensors because of a phone update and the phone no longer recognizes the sensors. Fobo admitted the problem happens but refused to replace the dead sensors. There were lots of other problems along the way so this was not the only fault that made us give up on them. Its just easier to check tire pressures with a good gage every couple weeks than to deal with the Fobo nonsense. When someone makes a TPMS system that works like the ones on our cars that JUST WORKS, no fiddling, no batteries, no false alarms, no dead sensors every few months, no bricks from phone updates, then I will consider them again. These are just too much a PIA to bother with. Stopped recommending them to customers as well. Sold off all our stock for cheap.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We no longer use ours either. The final straw for me was I have 3 bricked sensors because of a phone update and the phone no longer recognizes the sensors. Fobo admitted the problem happens but refused to replace the dead sensors. There were lots of other problems along the way so this was not the only fault that made us give up on them. Its just easier to check tire pressures with a good gage every couple weeks than to deal with the Fobo nonsense. When someone makes a TPMS system that works like the ones on our cars that JUST WORKS, no fiddling, no batteries, no false alarms, no dead sensors every few months, no bricks from phone updates, then I will consider them again. These are just too much a PIA to bother with. Stopped recommending them to customers as well. Sold off all our stock for cheap.
    I have to disagree with you a little bit. Sometimes there are false alarms on car tires with TPMS. This then requires that the TPMS be reset by a garage with a special device and the sequence of tires.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016, ION camera, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard,
    Back Rest - Show Chrome, Hitch - Show Chrome
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher

Spyder Garage

I was going to ask for FOBOs for my bday but now I’m conflicted. The FOBO 2’s are only available via a kickstarter type campaign but I’m more interested in those.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

Spyder Garage

That is not how they work on my wifes Ford Explorer or on my Vette. In both cases a low pressure warning only requires refilling the tire and driving the car. Will reset the warning in a few miles. The ones on my vette are even smart enough to figure out which sensor is on which wheel on their own. No idea how they do that but they do.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post

Problem 1: It's a little harder to add air than before. When mounted thusly, they are indeed the equivalent of regular valve caps, but that also means you have to remove the FOBO while you are adding air, and you can't read the FOBO for that tire until you put them back again, and so if you are off you can go back and forth, over and over, remove and replace, remove and replace, which leads to Problem #2. I wish I had the T-valves but could not see removing all three wheels and re-mounting the tires for this. If I ever replace my tires, I will add T-valves then.!
    Yeah, I had this problem too, John. I found that the purchase of a battery operated pump with an adjustable preset psi did the trick...bend down low, remove FOBO sensor, attach pump and set to required psi, remove pump and reattach FOBO, straighten up again (takes a while with “basketball” knees). Works perfectly for me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2016 F3 Limited - Setup for Tall.... 6'7", 330lbs, 38"inleg.
    Lamonster RIP Boards in Position#5
    F4 25" F3-L screen fitted to Madstad adjustable hardware.
    Russell Daylong custom seat with driver 1.5" rearset, 1.5" taller
    Lamonster Billy Club handlebars
    ECU Xtreme Stage 2 retune
    Bajaron Stabiliser Bar
    Wilber 630/640 shocks
    Kuhmo KH17 175/60 fronts-18psi / KU22 205/55 rear-20psi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    Look on Amazon for something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it a few months ago. Right now its 50 bucks, uses same sensors as FOBO or anybody else for that matter. Pull the battery from one sensor before you install it, and it will show two front wheels and only one rear. Velcro the display to the top of the dash or somewhere else that you can see it. Sunlight keeps it charged for a very long time, like weeks or months. No cell phone app, no charging and it costs about what one sensor does with FOBO. And yes, dont bother with the locknuts, just treat them like big valve caps.
    My cheapo system is still working fine after a year. No issues yet. Interesting to watch the temps (which I can do because the display is always visible, not in an app) go up as the tires warm up. Especially true in the summer as the pressure in the tires can go up 4-6 psi as the tires get hot. Those folks that want to nitpick the pressures down to tenths when they fill them up would see that once running, it doesnt make that much difference.
    2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 Honda Silverwing, 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan