Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arachnid Tires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid Tires

Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder.

Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.

Got 6146 miles on my 14 RT-L and will be needing a new rear tire soon. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rolo is selling them. Give them a call.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Rolo is selling them. Give them a call.
    I sent them a note a day or so ago...no answer yet.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

I talked with Mike and saw the tires a couple of days ago. It has an aggressive tread and harder rubber as well as beefed up sidewalls BUT they are 2 ply tires. His wife has been running them for a while and says they are great and better than Kenda. I actually saw a car with Kenda tires on it recently too.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

No one selling these tires will post any specs on them! Wonder why? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire

Put one on last Friday just 100 miles on it but the ride seems to be smoother. Hope it lasts longer than 8500 miles.
    Xcarman

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would have tried one but they didn't have them for sale when I needed a tire. A picture of the tread would be nice.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire

Tried but to dumb to know how. Told to drag and drop but this d--m thing won't let me.
    Xcarman

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..!!

http://www.veerubber.co.th/2013/?p=2...cat=motorcycle.. VTR-350-R (rear) VTR-350-F (front)....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    http://www.veerubber.co.th/2013/?p=2...cat=motorcycle.. VTR-350-R (rear) VTR-350-F (front)....
    I'm not seeing any specs or even the pics when I click on the link provided. Maybe it's because I'm using my iPad...might have to go to my desktop. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Have over 2000 miles on my rear Arachnjd, on the 2014 RTL. Doing just fine. Seems good in the rain and last week did great in all the twisties around Johnson City, Tn. To soon to tell about wear, but its better than the Kenda, IMHO.
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Spyder Garage

Just had my local dealer put this tire on that I got from Mike at Spyder Comfort. Yesterday on the way home it was a very bad down poor rain and it handled very well. Today I may another 30 mile trip to get new front tires warrantied by BRP. I am having a problem with major vibrations but the new tires didn't fix the problem

Here is the picture of the Arachnid rear tire from my 2014 RTS.

Rear View:

Arachnid Rear Tire - 1.jpg

Side View:

Arachnid Rear Tire - 2.jpg
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default arachnid tires

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder.

Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.

Got 6146 miles on my 14 RT-L and will be needing a new rear tire soon. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
    Over 3K on mine to date. Very happy. in all conditions. Will have more info in a couple of months. two long trips planned soon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzi View Post
    Have over 2000 miles on my rear Arachnjd, on the 2014 RTL. Doing just fine. Seems good in the rain and last week did great in all the twisties around Johnson City, Tn. To soon to tell about wear, but its better than the Kenda, IMHO.
    Are you running Federals up front?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default front federals

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are you running Federals up front?
    no arachnids all the way around

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post

This is a very secret tire. Only information released so far is, they are round, and black.
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I suggest you call Spydercomfort and talk to Mike. He was instrumental in developing the tire and has the specs.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Did someone know what is the tradewear grade of that new tire from Thailand? For the Khumo 225-50/R15 this grade is 440 and for the Falken, it's 400.

Lower the treadwear is, softer is the compound and less millage.

Spyder Garage

Is this the tire you folks were talking about? I was contemplating putting them on my 2010RT. My front Kendas are at about 25.6K and really need replacement!

VT350R.jpg

Steven

Spyder Garage

I have an Arachnid rear tire with about 1800 miles on it; one side (Right vs Left) is wearing much faster then the other. Not an alignment problem. Just me trying to save a few bucks on a tire that is just as crappy as the Kenda. Lesson learned. Called Rolo, no response. Oh well, new tire next season.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VEE TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by k_teven View Post
    Is this the tire you folks were talking about? I was contemplating putting them on my 2010RT. My front Kendas are at about 25.6K and really need replacement!

VT350R.jpg

Steven
    This company produces the same CRAP*Y tire as Kenda ( not just my opinion ) see the post below yours ( one of many many folks here ) .... There are a few really good CAR tires that will work 110% better at less cost .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Sorry, round and black isn't good enough. It looks too much like a crapenda. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick with my General.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    This is a very secret tire. Only information released so far is, they are round, and black.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k_teven View Post

VT350R.jpg

Steven
    Stay away from the Vee Rubber tires. They are junk. If you got 25,000 miles out of your Kendas you're doing good. I'd rather see you go with Kendas on the front than with the Vee Rubber
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They wear on the outside than even across the tire. I had 8500 miles before I removed the tire, figure I could have gotten another 4 k out of them??

Spyder Garage

Default EDIT FOR POST #20

Guess I can't do basic math. My Arachnid rear tire has about 8,000 miles on it, not 1,800 as stated. I did notice that last Wednesday 8/2 when we had to ride a long didtsnce in the pouring rain, I felt no slippage or hydroplaning. Still gonna buy a new tire though. Really not happy with the uneven wear, and the lack of a response from Rolo about this.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic