Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    here is a much more simple way to get the same thing I have almost 6k on this setup and it works fine for a pay at the pump I have to back up at an angle to get the card in because of reach and balance issues but yeah, just cut the plastic behind the seat. the top of the seat shows a little rip but that is the price you pay for a non handicrapp gas cap setup.

forgot to add this cost nothing to do, just cut the seat when it was up with a "something" covering the bike can use side cutter of some sort.
    I like it.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've been thinking about a board just for you guys where it would be easy to share information with each other on how to overcome some of the things you have to deal with on a daily basis. If you guys would like that how about a name for the board besides Handicap SpyderLovers?
    How about " SpyderChallengers "

Spyder Garage

Name has been chosen. "Enabled SpyderLovers"

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info, can' really use the footbrake so the comparision is hard, It does happen where the handle will go to the bar and when "aggressive" riding thru the corners I may not have time to pump this, with the limit on how much I can put into corning without worring about some damn deer in the road on the other side of the apex.

Frustrating because if I need I had a positive lock on the braking I could get more out of the spyder, also sucks being behind a rider thru the twists and they stall up or go in and slow to have to dick up your line and brake with a pump, that is at least 10 ft traveled in the time I need to get a good grab on the brakes.

I am getting new pads for the thing ordered today, do you have to get them from a dealer or is there a place on the net to get them? see if that helps,

The parking brake is also ass, I am sure that everyone in this section knows, taking your wheelchair off and then damn thing starts rolling, POS design.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

thanks for the info, can' really use the footbrake so the comparision is hard, It does happen where the handle will go to the bar and when "aggressive" riding thru the corners I may not have time to pump this, with the limit on how much I can put into corning without worring about some damn deer in the road on the other side of the apex.

Frustrating because if I need I had a positive lock on the braking I could get more out of the spyder, also sucks being behind a rider thru the twists and they stall up or go in and slow to have to dick up your line and brake with a pump, that is at least 10 ft traveled in the time I need to get a good grab on the brakes.

I am getting new pads for the thing ordered today, do you have to get them from a dealer or is there a place on the net to get them? see if that helps,

The parking brake is also ass, I am sure that everyone in this section knows, taking your wheelchair off and then damn thing starts rolling, POS design.
    Seth, put a handle on top of the e brake and push down to put em on before you get off your ride... My ride is almost done, will put pics when done.. I used the lamont style brakes with some minor design change.. I can smoke my tires on the spot, my brakes work perty darn good..

and slow down Setho........ he he he..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I did some research on putting a fill cap on the outside as how jumper did it.

The fill cap that Jumper used is commonly used in the boating industry. It's called a "Deck Fill". The specs are the outside ID of the fill cap is 3" and the tubing size to connect to the the original filler neck is 1.5".

You can either use an ABS 90 deg. elbow and silicone in the fittings OR (this is what I'm planning to use) Silicon Tubing (commonly used on cars for intercoolers or radiator connections) Since it's plyable, you can just hose clamp on the connection to the original fill neck and get a good seal.
    You would need this:

-90 degree or a 45 deg "vent" elbow to go from the original fill neck 1.5" of the deck fill.

-Deck fill cap
    -1.5 Silicon hose to go from the elbow reducer to your new filler cap.
    -good quality hose clamps for silicone to get a good seal.
    Last edited by Wheelz; 06-04-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: corrections

Spyder Garage

Seth, put a handle on top of the e brake and push down to put em on before you get off your ride... My ride is almost done, will put pics when done.. I used the lamont style brakes with some minor design change.. I can smoke my tires on the spot, my brakes work perty darn good..

I will slow down when I get better or I can't move anymore, and I can engage the parking brake it just doesn't do **** but make noise, I adjusted the the cable can you adjust more to get the rear caliper to really do something?

got the third rear tire on today and the rear fender is coming off, F that thing.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

... can you adjust more to get the rear caliper to really do something?..
    Yes. At the rear brake, remove the nut that holds swiveling arm of the parking brake. Rotate the arm a few notches and then replace the nut.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

awsome thanks man, will try that tommorow.

crash tester for:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Name has been chosen. "Enabled SpyderLovers"
    thanks Lamonster...u da man! and u non handis are welcome here too

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I did some research on putting a fill cap on the outside as how jumper did it.

The fill cap that Jumper used is commonly used in the boating industry. It's called a "Deck Fill". The specs are the outside ID of the fill cap is 3" and the tubing size to connect to the the original filler neck is 1.5".

You can either use an ABS 90 deg. elbow and silicone in the fittings OR (this is what I'm planning to use) Silicon Tubing (commonly used on cars for intercoolers or radiator connections) Since it's plyable, you can just hose clamp on the connection to the original fill neck and get a good seal.
    You would need this:

-90 degree or a 45 deg Silicon elbow to go from the original fill neck. Remeber you have to reduce the size of the fill neck (2.25") to 1.5" of the deck fill.

-Deck fill cap
    -1.5 Silicon hose to go from the elbow reducer to your new filler cap.
    -good quality hose clamps for silicone to get a good seal.
    Wheelz, you hit the nail on the head.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Accessories

My company offers many items that help those who need help riding there Spyder. Take a look at www.industrialspecialty.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey Billy,

How about making that filler neck for us? This ABS plastic doesnt quite do it...not enough clearance, specifically where the elbow sits....something that can screw into the original hole and the pipe/neck have slip joints so we can adjust the angles...I'd say 2 to 3 sections...
    Last edited by Wheelz; 06-12-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: correction

Spyder Garage

Default Park Brake Pics

Quote Originally Posted by ferno View Post

Hey Ferno:

Could you send us some pics of your park brake mods?

I am a left AKA and will need to do some mods to my SE5.

Thanks in advance.

Pilo

(Limitations only exist on your mind)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default George

I too a leg movment challanged. How did you get the hand brake intalled?

Spyder Garage

Default All The More Reason to Own A Spyder

I have peripheral neuropathy which causes numbness in both my feet. Unfortunately, with a conventional motorcycle is very difficult for me to shift. Consequently, I purchased a Honda Silver wing about four years ago. However, my wife is never felt comfortable with me putting both feet on the ground when I have stopped.

My wife was excited to see the new spyder. For a matter of fact, she was so excited that she went down to the dealer to look at the bike herself. She was impressed with the safety features, and also the fact that I did not have to put my feet on the ground after stopping. For a matter of fact, she is insisting that I trade in the Honda Silver wing and buy the spyder is soonest possible.

I greatly appreciated reading the comments from some of the handicapped spider riders. It only confirms that the purchase of a spyder is in the very near future. I will be testing one within the next couple of weeks.

Spyder Garage

I am not a handicapped rider but my wife is a handicapped passenger. She was diagnosed with M.S. back in 2002 and is virtually unable to walk. We have managed to lift her up onto the seat and get her in a fixed position but her energy level only permits her to ride with me for about 10 min or so. The real challenge has been keeping her feet on the pegs w/o them slipping off.

I must say, based on her reaction to the ride, that a spyder must be a really awesome experience for those of you who have been able to adapt the spyder to your particular needs. This is especially true if ones activities are/were limited on a regular basis.

Three wheels are awesome! If this vehicle required the balance of a 2 wheeler,she wouldnt be able to ride with me at all.

I am sooooooooo thankful for the opportunity to own one.

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

you can easily mount a piece of checkered plate on the passenger pegs using the factory holes that keep the rubber piece on.... and use a strap to keep her foot on the board. It's great that she can ride with you, even if it's only for a short time.

Cheers

Spyder Garage

I am not a Handicapped rider. I am so impressed how you worked around your mods to be able to ride again. That is a challenge!!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the input. Ken (krb1945) is helping me out with this as we speak.

Jesus

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile Another "disabled rider"

Some may remember my list of questions a few months back. After a few mods and 1200 miles i feel comfortable enough to make a comment on the bike, AWESOME!!!!! It took abit to get use to the new riding style(trike) but after the first 700 miles i became very comfortable and really enjoy being in the wind again. I have been riding since 5, except for the years of hospital time due to Iraq, and now ride her like I stole her. The feeling of being in the wind again is impossible to explain....

I'd like to thank you for the name "Enabled SpyderLovers". I don't see myself as Handicapped, disabled etc. I may have been slowed down but I can still live a full life. Thank you again for honoring our dedication to return to riding with a title that reflects the attitudes of the men/women that ride them.

Be safe.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by palehorsevt View Post
    Some may remember my list of questions a few months back. After a few mods and 1200 miles i feel comfortable enough to make a comment on the bike, AWESOME!!!!! It took abit to get use to the new riding style(trike) but after the first 700 miles i became very comfortable and really enjoy being in the wind again. I have been riding since 5, except for the years of hospital time due to Iraq, and now ride her like I stole her. The feeling of being in the wind again is impossible to explain....

I'd like to thank you for the name "Enabled SpyderLovers". I don't see myself as Handicapped, disabled etc. I may have been slowed down but I can still live a full life. Thank you again for honoring our dedication to return to riding with a title that reflects the attitudes of the men/women that ride them.

Be safe.....

When I was trying to come up with a name for this board I didn't feel any other name fit you guys better. Is good to have you here and thank you for your service in Iraq. You guys and gals hold a special place in my heart.

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Veterans you hold...

a very special place in my ole heart too! As does my grandson who is serving in the Marine Corps. Your sacrifices are not going un-noticed by me and millions of other patriotic Americans.

I salute each and everyone of you and to all of you a big "Semper FI" .
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink cooldoi

hi everyone,
    Another new spyder owner!! Handicapped of course. Got "slaughtered" on a suzuki 1100!! Shoud have my spyder up and running next week,.
    Will keep in touch.
    Martin in NYC!!

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations...

on joining the spyder riders group. If you are ever in north central FL and need any help call me 770 780 9084 and welcome aboard!

I got mangled a few years back on a V65 Sabre... thing turned me every which way but lose. Managed to get everything repaired... lucky in that respect... I can still ride a two wheeler too!

Glad to see you didn't let it get you down.
    Last edited by krb1945; 08-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800