Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrotom View Post
    I to am a handicap rider, and wish to register as one. I need an idea on how to mount my Walker on my 2012 RT-S ..Love the forum have been a lurker for a couple of years. My wife and I have been riding a HD RKC for many years, I have been riding since I was 12. I have a auto-immune disease that has my left leg totally numb from the toes to the crotch. Not very comfy but the Spyder has let us back on the road again. Thank you to all that work so hard to keep us lurkers happy. Love the bike and love the forum.

Thanks, Tom and Anita
    good for you and the ms's. Keep on riding my friend. Every day on the road is a good day. Ride Safe, Ride Often.

Spyder Garage

I’m in a wheelchair fixing to buy a spyder. Where can I get a rigid frame wheelchair rack

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    I’m in a wheelchair fixing to buy a spyder. Where can I get a rigid frame wheelchair rack
    I admire you for trying the Spyder thing..... I have seen some nice racks for wheelchairs, But I can't remember where …. You could contact " Wounded Warriors ", I'm sure they know of every rack made ……. I would suggest you Start your own THREAD " in the general forum " asking this question.....It is way more likely to get noticed.....jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    Good for you. That sounds like you are ready to enjoy riding. What kind of spyder are you looking for. That would probably help with finding the right rack for it. If you aren't able to find one maybe a metal shop could build one for you that fitts your needs. Happy trails my Friend. And good luck on your search.

Spyder Garage

I also rode 2 wheels all my life. Wife loved it as well. I had a surgery that went south parilyised left leg and foot. Gave my bike to Dad .THOUGHT I would be looking for a convertible. Wife says lets look at Spyder's. My or our life has returned to better then normal. New friends new advevetures I love the community and everything it has done for my life and my marriage. Thanks to all you SPYDER RYDERS! Safe travels. BY the way disabled people are eligbile to get free admittace to natinal paraks! Contact your local park ranger he has the paper work to be filled out two weeks later you get your pass in the mail. Lets go exploring!

Spyder Garage

Just got a 2017 F3 T4 para for 30yrs. Just looking at handbrake options right now.

Spyder Garage

Anyone riding with Ataxia?
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

While it's not specifically Ataxia LeftCoast, I have an 'acute vestibular dysfunction' as a result of Blast Induced TBI, multiple TIA's, & the cumulative damage that results, so I pretty much get all the symptoms of Ataxia plus a few more besides!! The good thing about my overall condition is that while I have virtually no 'normal' balance standing up, once I sit &/or can establish a suitable 'stable starting position', a lot of the activities & events that arguably contributed to the collective issues I experience now have also meant that I've effectively 'trained myself' to do better than 'just manage' many activities without any balance function/assistance from/in my inner ears & brain. So (after extensive testing by a number of interested people/organisations) I can still ride, drive, pilot an aircraft or a boat, & more, mostly at a fairly high skill level, so I'm pretty lucky that way. Altho 2 wheeled bicycles & motorcycles in areas where there's a lot of 'peripheral activity' going on really isn't a pretty thing to watch, so I only ride those things waay out in the bush where the only one I can hurt is me! That said, I do have a few places that I just don't go & things I really don't do/actively avoid these days; but really, that's not such a biggie when you consider what people suffering from Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, & similar permanent 'diseases' go thru every day! And I've been able to come home to my family & friends when so many others haven't - so I reckon I'm doing OK!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Made my day seeing this thread! I have MS, most likely for many years, but not diagnosed until I was 50 when walking and riding two wheels became very difficult indeed. Thank you Spyder for letting me keep my face in the wind. I use a cane but am just about at the point where I need a 'walker.' Anyone else use a walker and if so, ever travel or mount a walker to the Spyder? If so, I'd be interested how you do it.
    2014 RT-SE6
    Akrapovic Sport Touring 3C Silencer
    High Mount Third Brake Light
    Kuryakyn Black ISO Motorcycle Grips
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Russell Day-Long w/ Backrest
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Spyderpops KOTT Grill (Keep Out The Trash)
    Squared Away Alignment

Riding taught me why dogs stick their heads out the window!

Spyder Garage

Hi Tom, I'm looking for the exact same thing. Rack for a 'walker.' Hopefully we will find something. Good luck.
    Last edited by martiniman; 09-26-2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I want to delete and message to someone.
    2014 RT-SE6
    Akrapovic Sport Touring 3C Silencer
    High Mount Third Brake Light
    Kuryakyn Black ISO Motorcycle Grips
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Russell Day-Long w/ Backrest
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Spyderpops KOTT Grill (Keep Out The Trash)
    Squared Away Alignment

Riding taught me why dogs stick their heads out the window!

Spyder Garage

I rode 2 wheels off and on since 1972 (all Harleys). But in the early spring of this year I started to develop pain/weakness in my left leg. Sciatic nerve issues plus arthritis and other problems in the hip made riding my 2015 Heritage Softail unsafe for me and those around me so I quit. Just after July 4th I purchased a 2019 Spyder RTL and I LOVE IT! So far I've got about 1,400 miles on it and feel very comfortable and safe. I have plans for a trip from Ft. Myers Beach to Key West in November and I'm really looking forward to it. P.S. I'm 72 years old and appreciate every mile that this bike allows me to travel!

Spyder Garage

Great idea.

I have left sided weakness, arm is pretty useless, looking to get a Spyder f3 and adapt the controls on left so as right hand does everything. I suffer from spasticity and lack of control on my left side from as major stroke. Trying to sell my thruxton900 just now to get a Spyder f3. Can’t wait to get on the road again. If anyone has tips as to how to move left side controls to right hand, please let me know