Spyder Garage

Default Picked up the 2018 RT L

Picked up the new spyder testerday,got just over 100 miles on it .Like it so far ,very expensive atv ,and i find i drive it as one . The new dash is a pain,took an hr just to set the presets. I find the radio has poor reception ,stations come in weak ,and when driving can not hear it .Grabbed for the front brake lever more than once . The wife likes it so that is a + .The weather has turned cold so time to start adding stuff.
    IMG_20180515_122309.jpg
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

on your new ryde. Hopefully, the dash issues will diminish as time goes by. That issue seems to be at the forefront currently.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Picked up the new spyder testerday,got just over 100 miles on it .Like it so far ,very expensive atv ,and i find i drive it as one . The new dash is a pain,took an hr just to set the presets. I find the radio has poor reception ,stations come in weak ,and when driving can not hear it .Grabbed for the front brake lever more than once . The wife likes it so that is a + .The weather has turned cold so time to start adding stuff.
    IMG_20180515_122309.jpg
    I also have a 18 rt Ltd really like it mounted my phone on the hanlde bars the bpr connect is not useful enough hope they add aps and update it

Spyder Garage

that dash "thing" ? That's why I went with a 17.
    If this is your first Spyder, you might tread lightly on farkles at first.
    you will have a much better idea of what you want/need, in a couple thousand miles.
    You can take comfort in knowing that none of the RTs keep time, or have a very whoopee audio system.
    The whole infotainment thing is over-thought and too complicated.
    It's a motorcycle not an arcade game.
    Stay safe out there. and let's ryde this summer.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your new ride. The spyder will take some getting used to. It will take approximately 300 to 500 miles (will vary) to get used to for those of us who came from 2 wheels. Good luck and enjoy your new ride. Dale

Spyder Garage

Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am not adding to much right now at lest .I ordered a brp back rest,and a cover .What i am trying to do is get things to work ,that brp has made very difficult .Adding my 550 zumo,brp put the aux in the fronk and no power handy.

here are some points that pi@@ me off
    No aux were it should be
    need an adapter to add the phone ,and the cord is in the same stupid place as the aux
    no plug in head set ,need to buy blue tooth set
    the only way to hear the radio in the garage is to hold onto the antenna
    the suit case is not in the 2018
    cruise control is very primitive ,no + or -

I have had lots and lots of brp sleds ,and as of late the same thing has been with them. BRP takes every thing off they can and then put it in the acc catalog ,and the price off the acc is very over priced .Go on dootalk there is lots off post on this very topic.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats and enjoy. No ride is perfect but the Spyder has a lot of plusses that keep me coming back.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ride!!!!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Yes, there is a + and - to adjust cruise set speed. Push up or down on the cruise on / off switch while the cruise is engaged.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Nice choice You are on your way and it will be miles of smiles for you both.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am not adding to much right now at lest .I ordered a brp back rest,and a cover .What i am trying to do is get things to work ,that brp has made very difficult .Adding my 550 zumo,brp put the aux in the fronk and no power handy.

here are some points that pi@@ me off
    No aux were it should be
    need an adapter to add the phone ,and the cord is in the same stupid place as the aux
    no plug in head set ,need to buy blue tooth set
    the only way to hear the radio in the garage is to hold onto the antenna
    the suit case is not in the 2018

I have had lots and lots of brp sleds ,and as of late the same thing has been with them. BRP takes every thing off they can and then put it in the acc catalog ,and the price off the acc is very over priced .Go on dootalk there is lots off post on this very topic.
    The good news is that the next time there is something worth listening too on the radio, will be the first time in decades! As for the cruise control, set it, when you want to go faster push up on the button, when you want to slow down push down. Each push will change the speed bi 1 mph. I would highly suggest that you read your owners manual! Sounds like so far you really hate that machine! Plug in headsets are a very old technology and the blue tooth offers much more freedom and features. I think once you are set up, you will agree!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The good news is that the next time there is something worth listening too on the radio, will be the first time in decades! As for the cruise control, set it, when you want to go faster push up on the button, when you want to slow down push down. Each push will change the speed bi 1 mph. I would highly suggest that you read your owners manual! Sounds like so far you really hate that machine! Plug in headsets are a very old technology and the blue tooth offers much more freedom and features. I think once you are set up, you will agree!
    I do not hate the bike,what i hate is what BRP does to make you bend over. Head set work plane and simple ,they are forcing me to spend big money on something that should be there already .I wanted to have my gps ran through the head set,for turn by turn .Thanks for the heads up on the cruise .And yes RTFM ,i have not had time as i am trying to get the bike ready for a trip ,and pickerel season starts this Sat.

2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do not hate the bike,what i hate is what BRP does to make you bend over. Head set work plane and simple ,they are forcing me to spend big money on something that should be there already .I wanted to have my gps ran through the head set,for turn by turn .Thanks for the heads up on the cruise .And yes RTFM ,i have not had time as i am trying to get the bike ready for a trip ,and pickerel season starts this Sat.

How did they force you to buy this one instead of last year's model? The GPS is in the smartphone and you plug it in as well as bluetooth pair it to the bike. Using BRP Connect app allows you to have GPS, Weather, Music, Rever and FOBO. Bluetooth headset works great to hear whatever you need. The GPS can also sound through the speakers. As for the radio, check antenna connections. Mine is loud and clear. There are posts about BRP Connect that can help you figure things out. Good Luck
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    How did they force you to buy this one instead of last year's model? The GPS is in the smartphone and you plug it in as well as bluetooth pair it to the bike. Using BRP Connect app allows you to have GPS, Weather, Music, Rever and FOBO. Bluetooth headset works great to hear whatever you need. The GPS can also sound through the speakers. As for the radio, check antenna connections. Mine is loud and clear. There are posts about BRP Connect that can help you figure things out. Good Luck
    No one forced be to buy anything .It was all that was in stock ,and i wanted the blacked out version .It will cost $ 700 to $1000 Can to get two head sets ,do you have some spare cash you want to donate .HA HA .
    I have a stupid phone ,so no connect ,and no money for one ether. I asked on here about head sets and was told the plug was in the clove box,they were wrong !!
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default Stmike 1800

If it's time for new helmets Cycle Gear has BILT helmets with built in Sena bluetooth. Only cost $ 230. My wife has one of them, the modular style an likes it a lot. I thought that the helmet would be a poor one to get but I was wrong. See says it's good. I wish I would've bought one instead of the expensive helmet an then buying a Sena unit to add to it. Just a thought.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Yes, there is a + and - to adjust cruise set speed. Push up or down on the cruise on / off switch while the cruise is engaged.
    Yes you are right ,looked in good light and there it was + and - .
    2018 RTL , dark blue