Spyder Garage

Default Don't understand what our SENA 10 headset pieces are/seem to be doing doing.

Help !!! My wife and I have the SENA 10 Helmet pieces that we use for intercom and individual MP3 playing (The MP3s are the same model incidentally). I have them set up as "Bluetooth units" also. Until recently everything seemed to function properly. We could push the button to have intercom (communication was clear), and music would not be heard again until one of us hit the button on the SENA 10 unit. Note either one of us could initate or cancel the intercom mode and/or initiate "back to music". Her MP3 unit was/is? paired to her helmet and mine to my helmet. Voice was clear during intercom.

Recently we have experienced times when going back to music results in either her hearing my MP3 or me hearing hers. In addition, the initial voice part of the intercom sounds "garbled" for lack of a better term. Sometimes it clears up....sometimes not. When I look at the MP3 units settings, they appear to be paired correctly, but I'm not sure because sometimes I see 2 SENA 10 listings on the settings screen. It still seems to show only 1 is actually paired at a time - but I'm really not sure that is true.

On the MP3 I can change the MP3 name in the settings location, but I can't change the SENA 10 name so that I would know for sure who's helmet each MP3 is paired with.

Any help out there ??
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Default wonder if

hey teninspyder , I wonder if the m-p-3 units are to close too each other , ( one is in the pocket of passenger , and the other is in the pocket of the driver , same side pocket, and they are interfering the signals a bit ?) being blue tooth ... just an idea ( glad you found the new threads department )

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When was the last time you did a software upgrade on your SENA headsets? There is a setting on them for music sharing that must be shut off or this will happen.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Sound like you might have media sharing on. That is you are sharing whatever music is playing in one headset to another.

Turn off sharing and try it again.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Highwayman your response is helpful as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    When was the last time you did a software upgrade on your SENA headsets? There is a setting on them for music sharing that must be shut off or this will happen.

Due to all your prior help with these things, I was hoping you would respond
    Can you tell me "exactly which setting" you are talking about ? I did a complete refresh this AM and shut off "VOX" and A2DP options on the settings screen, but didn't understand a few others so I left them. Does that take care of it, or am still missing your suggested setting ?
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That was my guess as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Sound like you might have media sharing on. That is you are sharing whatever music is playing in one headset to another.

Turn off sharing and try it again.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Yes....I've wondered this too.

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    hey teninspyder , I wonder if the m-p-3 units are to close too each other , ( one is in the pocket of passenger , and the other is in the pocket of the driver , same side pocket, and they are interfering the signals a bit ?) being blue tooth ... just an idea ( glad you found the new threads department )
    that was a question of mine too, but it has been a random thing. My unit is always in my lower cargo pants pocket on the right, and hers is always in her jacket pocket on her left (although I haven't "really" been able to confirmed that )
    Last edited by teninospyder; 05-14-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: adding clarifier
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    that was a question of mine too, but it has been a random thing. My unit is always in my lower cargo pants pocket on the right, and hers is always in her jacket pocket on her left (although I haven't "really" been able to confirmed that )
    We use the Sena 10's as well. Someone mentioned you may have gone into sharing a device versus having separate MP3's working. We use one device which is BT'd to my helmet. To get the sharing of the music I do the following. I have the music going in my helmet, toggle to conversation, once there I press the button and hold and the music will be heard in her helmet. To toggle to conversation I press the button, music is off and conversation is live, to get back to music I hit the button again and music is live in both our helmets.

As a guess you had the music going in your helmet, she had her music going, you toggled to conversation which went live. When you wanted to go back to music, you hit the button but held it in and the music from your MP3 player was active in both helmets. Purely a guess on my part

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

I have the problem of hearing my wife's music through our sena's... but not because it is paired... she just has the speakers cranked up so high the mic picks it up and sends it back to me...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black