Spyder Garage

Default F3 Clutch Assist kit 122791 Check Valve

Upon installation of kit F3 threw a P O 106 code. ( vac issue). Upon closer exam the check value although installed correctly arrow up, the valve air flow was restricted. My wife said my face was as red as my shirt from blowing into valve. I’m thinking as it pulls vac from the air box from the clutch valve and is only one way anyway why would you need a check valve other than the $29.99 for a 5 buck part. Anyone has an idea let me know thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kennard View Post
    Upon installation of kit F3 threw a P O 106 code. ( vac issue). Upon closer exam the check value although installed correctly arrow up, the valve air flow was restricted. My wife said my face was as red as my shirt from blowing into valve. I’m thinking as it pulls vac from the air box from the clutch valve and is only one way anyway why would you need a check valve other than the $29.99 for a 5 buck part. Anyone has an idea let me know thanks
    Well it’s late in the afternoon and I’m tired, I pulled the defective check value and replaced it with a automotive vac connector. Now the hose from the air box to the clutch assist value is one hose without a check valve. Upon startup it has run fine without out the check valve and throwing a code, maybe I’m on to something an unnessary part. Will ride tomorrow.