Spyder Garage

Default J&M CB with Sena Bluetooth Headsets installed on Spyder

My wife needed a real CB on her F3. BRP is pulling out of the market and I never liked their option anyway. Unreliable and near impossible to use with wireless headsets.

Did some research and decided to go with the highly rated J&M motorcycle CB radio and integrate it with Sena Bluetooth headsets for wireless connection to the ryder. Also wanted the system to power on from key on and auto link up when doing so. All done and works very well indeed.

20180512_160859.jpg
    20180512_160936.jpg
    20180512_160925.jpg
    20180512_161021.jpg

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Now a bit on the 'How To"

Radio:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXC54J0

Sena CB Radio interface module:

https://www.amazon.com/Sena-SR10-10-.../dp/B008R0LIHO

Sena open ended interface cable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087NB3S0

6 pin make DIN plug:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0154J0FZQ

You will also need to fashion a bracket, I used 1" aluminum angle but no doubt there are better metal fabricators on the board or even Lamont...

The screws in the rear of the control cluster on your handle bar are M4 and you will need some M4 x 30mm bolts (3) and some 3/4 inch long M4 spacers.

The screws to bolt the radio to the bracket are #10-32 x 5/8 inch long.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Lastly you need some information to build the cable that connects the J&M CB to the SENA SR10 interface module.

J&M to SENA SR10 cable.jpg

The J&M comes with a relay and power filter that connects to the battery and a running light circuit to trigger from the key. I also tied the power for the SENA module to this same switch power supply so it fires up when the key is turned on.

If there are any questions, post up and I will try to help.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 05-12-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a try. Which antenna did you use?
    I have ordered the parts and will install them next week.

Spyder Garage

Great job!!!!
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The J&M comes with a relay and power filter that connects to the battery and a running light circuit to trigger from the key.
    Does the filter clean up the power real good? Last year when my nephew & I went to Homecoming he used a Midland handheld with the Sena SR10. That worked pretty good except he had to run the handheld on batteries. When it was plugged into the outlet in the trunk there was so much engine induced noise the CB signal was drowned out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wing11 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a try. Which antenna did you use?
    I have ordered the parts and will install them next week.
    I used the J&M 3ft licence plate mount antenna. I slightly modified the bracket to use it on the luggage rack in a position that does not interfere with the top box or passenger seat.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Does the filter clean up the power real good? Last year when my nephew & I went to Homecoming he used a Midland handheld with the Sena SR10. That worked pretty good except he had to run the handheld on batteries. When it was plugged into the outlet in the trunk there was so much engine induced noise the CB signal was drowned out.
    We get none of that with the J&M unit. For a CB its very clear and easy to communicate. It will never be a SENA digital headset connection but there is no engine noise.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3-T, would this setup with the J & M radio work for me? I've talked to my dealer and they don't have a solution for me. The 2017 does not have bluetooth. Thanks, LloydS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LloydS View Post
    I have a 2017 F3-T, would this setup with the J & M radio work for me? I've talked to my dealer and they don't have a solution for me. The 2017 does not have bluetooth. Thanks, LloydS
    The photos I posted above are installed on a 16 F3T. Yours would be identical. Yes, it would be an excellent choice to add a CB to your Spyder.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It's nice that J&M now SWRs their antennas at the factory and work super. It wasn't always that way.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome