Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I wish one of our resourceful aftermarket venders can come up with a replacement for the mirror base plate. One made of metal and not plastic. That plastic one has just too much give to it.
    Yeah, a stiffer base plate for the vibration and something like a screw that would hold the cover tight would be a great help, AY. It’s just too easy to not fully seat the cover when reinstalling.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

After re tightening everything, I went on a long ride this afternoon and everything seemed better. There was some shaking but some is expected.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Hand Wings

This was an issue when we first released the Hand Wings the covers were coming off that is when we redesigned and added the extra hole and L bracket that bolts the covers on so they do not come off anymore with the wind. The Hand Wings greatly reduce the wind felt by rider and co-rider when in the closed position and will keep you much cooler in the open position in the hot weather. To our knowledge all those who had previously purchased and had issues we sent update kits to and fixed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Greybeard, are you actually using the air wings yourself? I have to disagree with you. Dennis in Lodi reckons they work, and I reckon they work, and the only time my mirror covers came loose was when I didn’t make sure the covers were securely fastened......and that was pre the air wings.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Hanging RT mirror

Just 142 miles on new RT and coming home mirror is dangling in the wind.. 1st can someone tell me how to reattach ?? and 2nd what's the deal.....
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    Just 142 miles on new RT and coming home mirror is dangling in the wind.. 1st can someone tell me how to reattach ?? and 2nd what's the deal.....
    There are 3 mounting pins. The top one you hook on. Kinda slide on. The bottom and front are push in clips. Lay mirror tight to clips and smack the mirror on the top and outsde edge till they snap in place. To take off. You smack underneath upward and to the rear. Dumb design. Lamonster sells magic mirror mounts. Awesome product. Easy on easy off with magnitic attachment. 2nd the dealer had them off during assembly of your spyder. He didn't attach them right. I would check both.
    Last edited by JP58; 05-25-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    This was an issue when we first released the Hand Wings the covers were coming off that is when we redesigned and added the extra hole and L bracket that bolts the covers on so they do not come off anymore with the wind. The Hand Wings greatly reduce the wind felt by rider and co-rider when in the closed position and will keep you much cooler in the open position in the hot weather. To our knowledge all those who had previously purchased and had issues we sent update kits to and fixed the issue.
    Do you have these air wings for the 2015 RTS.
    Last edited by JP58; 05-25-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    There are 3 mounting pins. The top one you hook on. Kinda slide on. The bottom and front are push in clips. Lay mirror tight to clips and smack the mirror on the top and outsde edge till they snap in place. To take off. You smack underneath upward and to the rear. Dumb design. Lamonster sells magic mirror mounts. Awesome product. Easy on easy off with magnitic attachment. 2nd the dealer had them off during assembly of your spyder. He didn't attach them right. I would check both.

Thank you, all tightened up..
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Misery evidently loves company

So I was rounding this 90-degree curve of a Texas FM road on my newly purchased (2016) and pristine F3-T. I hit a depression on the edge of the pavement and thought my bike had exploded. Parts skidded down the road beside me. They were both my parking light facias. My right turn signal housing was dangling by the electrical wire. Misery.

So I got on here and discovered that there were some people ahead of me: you guys. You must be the company that misery loves.

So what should I do? Take it to the dealer hoping they have a fix before I jerryrig it myself?
    Last edited by robertlgore@gmail.com; 09-16-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robertlgore@gmail.com View Post
    So I was rounding this 90-degree curve of a Texas FM road on my newly purchased (2016) and pristine F3-T. I hit a depression on the edge of the pavement and thought my bike had exploded. Parts skidded down the road beside me. They were both my parking light facias. My right headlight housing was dangling by the electrical wire. Misery.

So I got on here and discovered that there were some people ahead of me: you guys. You must be the company that misery loves.

So what should I do? Take it to the dealer hoping they have a fix before I jerryrig it myself?
    Robert, most on here with F3-L or T have had a slightly different experience to that. The painted cover on the front of the mirrors sometimes comes loose and falls off, especially if not fastened properly. I personally haven’t seen what you have experienced, but the lighting setup in the US is slightly different to Aus. Someone should be along soon with some sage advice.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Robert, most on here with F3-L or T have had a slightly different experience to that. The painted cover on the front of the mirrors sometimes comes loose and falls off, especially if not fastened properly. I personally haven’t seen what you have experienced, but the lighting setup in the US is slightly different to Aus. Someone should be along soon with some sage advice.
    I didn't describe my parts properly. The facias are the painted ones around my turn signal lenses, and the assembly that came off was the entire right turn signal/mirror assemply.

I can't believe BRP didn't know about this problem.

Spyder Garage

I recently had both the mirror shells pop off my 2019 F3 L. I was on an on ramp, hit a bump and heard the sound of plastic hitting the road. I found both shells laying in the road. No obvious damage to the bases. I was out riding the previous day and wiped her down afterwards and both mirror shells were securely attached. Will be filing a warranty claim at my local dealer today. 20190422_135023.jpg20190422_135029.jpg20190422_141710.jpg20190422_141741.jpg20190422_141735.jpg

Spyder Garage

My mirror covers both came off of my 2019 F3 yesterday. Acorrding to those in the know "Gorilla Clear tape" applied to both the top and bottom of the mirror will give you that added safety you desire. I haven't even had my break-in oil change yet, just 2575 miles, so i am hoping this is a Can Am warranty isssue.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

This seems to be a real problem, they messed up somewhere on the redesigned cover. We have seen several at Deadwood that have had one fall off and several more that had one ready to fall off. The clear Gorilla tape is a good idea but you need to have your dealer open a case with BRP.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

We have seen quite a few here at Deadwood. Put the tape on them! Then, open a claim with BRP. See your dealer to get it going. Design defect. Covers should not pop off and be ruined!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Yes. The left one fell off riding a dirt road that Garmin took me on. Luckily the damage was on the bottom and no one can see it soooo... The dealers in BOTH my home towns, Niles Ohio and Greenville SC are (*&)*&%*%$#!!!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I was in the same boat. I battled with that damn screw for several hours before giving up and strapping things in.

Spyder Garage

I suspected this was a common issue. Poor design by BRP to only have them attach from one axis (from the front) and not "click" into place. The compression clips are not enough to hold those mirror covers on. My wife was riding her 2019 F3L on the highway when she says she saw an "orange flash". When we got to our destination, I asked "where is your mirror cover???" That flash must have been the mirror cover falling off. Week and a half old and 550 miles on the ODO. Our dealer is filing a warranty claim, BUT since it's Phoenix Orange, it's "on backorder" for an indeterminate amount of time, so we may never get a new one.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    I was in the same boat. I battled with that damn screw for several hours before giving up and strapping things in.
    What screw is that, John? The F3L/T mirror covers simply clip on.
    p.s. Each time I take my covers off I stick an awl in the elbows on the male connection to make sure they fit snugly. I have not (YET) had a cover come loose.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Surprisingly, the cover came in to the dealer yesterday. They put it on and all is right in the world again... until it falls off.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic