Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Mirror shell fell off

Has anyone lost a mirror shell off the F3? This one fell off and got crushed - $100 to replace. Also is this considered RH or LH when ordering?IMG_1418.jpg
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

It's the side for the effected turn signal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    It's the side for the effected turn signal.
    Yep, sitting in the saddle, right is right and left is left. Unless you're below the equator, of course!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Wings and covers falling off

http://www.bakerbuiltairwings.com/pr...?prod=SPYF3THW

When Baker Built started installing these under the mirror wings they had the Mirror covers coming off from the stress. They added a small bolt under the covers to hold them in place.
    You might want to consider these wings as they are an incredible accessory. With a taller shield and the wings closed I can go down the interstate with my jacket unzipped and it lays calmly at my sides. They block that air that hits me around my belt and climbs up to lift on my helmet. Results in a really calm and warmer cockpit. Then when you open them in hot weather you can direct cooling air directly on your body.
    I went with clear and you hardly notice them.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Seems to me that on a 2 year old bike this would be a warranty issue. Have you talked to your dealer about this?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see you have LED lights added on the edge of your mirrors. Most likely the tabs were damaged when the covers were removed for wire routing. Good luck getting the dealer to pay for it.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MAYBE

Do you have the Magic Mirror Magnets ?????? ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Do you have the Magic Mirror Magnets ?????? ........ Mike
    It’s an F3, Mike
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Has anyone lost a mirror shell off the F3? This one fell off and got crushed - $100 to replace. Also is this considered RH or LH when ordering?
    I had one come off when I rode over a bump outside my house, Al. Fortunately I saw it slipping and caught it by the Baker air wing before it hit the ground. You really have to make sure you have every clip fully engaged, and that none of them are broken.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Haven't had a mirror shell fall off BUT both my mirrors do rattle noticeably and vibrate significantly at the slightest bit of rough road or irregular surface. Took me a while to figure out where the noise was coming from; it's definitely the mirror pins or clips. Anybody have a solution???
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Haven't had a mirror shell fall off BUT both my mirrors do rattle noticeably and vibrate significantly at the slightest bit of rough road or irregular surface. Took me a while to figure out where the noise was coming from; it's definitely the mirror pins or clips. Anybody have a solution???
    The magic mirrors will stop all of that vibrating and rattling

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    It’s an F3, Mike
    ........... Damn it sucks getting OLD !!!!!................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    The magic mirrors will stop all of that vibrating and rattling
    They don’t make magic mirrors for the F3, nslow........no need....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    There’s a couple of solutions, bushrat. There’s not really anything to tighten that will fix it. It comes from where the mirror body joins the frame. I solved it by removing the mirrors and putting some double sided tape on the frame (couple of layers). Have a search and you’ll find a couple of other options.
    Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Peteoz; much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Clutch Assist kit 122791

Installed the clutch assist kit on my 2015 F3 S over the weekend and I have to share several observations with Spyder Lovers. After ordering the kits it was difficult to obtain the colored instructions and if wasn’t for Bruce B I wouldn’t been able to get my arthritis stricken fingers on one. Our web geru stated he was asked not to publish the instructions probably by BPR. If I was a Can Am tech I’d b on the phone with Canada. The individual who wrote and illustrated the instructions needs to be in the wind, poor, poor, and poor. Having to tape the screw on the Torx screw should of alerted me to what’s to follow. Decided early, after two hours attempting the screwup of the module I like most others chicken strapped it up to secure it. Upon fire up,it threw a PO 106 code ( vac issue) I started tracing. Found the check valve defective as only minimal amount of air flow following arrow on device. My wife said my face was as red as my shirt. As it is Sunday, I’ll be on the phone with the dealer looking to replace the check valve ( $29.99) kit $179.00 charged by dealer, much over priced. Thanks Bruce

Spyder Garage

Default Both shells fell off at the same time.

Both mirrors shells fell off at the same time when riding on a bumpy road. One got crushed by the car following us and the other hit the road badly. Don't know if it is the road of the mirrors that should be fixed! Probably both. Anyway, both shells have been replaced under warranty. The dealer did a good job on that one. It seems to be a known issue. When I drive a car, I don't expect that the bumper will fall off on a bumpy road. The same should be true for the body parts of a Spyder. A simple screw could resolve that. I don't think that BRP would need many engineers to figure out that one.

Spyder Garage

The day after getting home from Spyderfest I found Both covers completely loose and just hanging there. The road going threw Oklahoma was very bad and broken up. We tried to ride in the left lane as much as possible and I noticed the whole front end vibrating from the mirrors shaking.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Has anyone lost a mirror shell off the F3? This one fell off and got crushed - $100 to replace. Also is this considered RH or LH when ordering?IMG_1418.jpg
    would not NOT hang air wings under the mirror. One of my riding partners lost a mirror because of them. PLus one of the other riders had to replace his tricled mirror lights because the mounting bolt cut his wires. The upper wings really do nothing as far as increasing or decreasing air flow

Spyder Garage

The side of the Spyder that has the brake pedal is always the RIGHT side. (on a stock bike)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The side of the Spyder that has the brake pedal is always the RIGHT side. (on a stock bike)

Cruzr Joe
    Or your right hand is always on your right side ........... Mike

Spyder Garage

I did get that Mirror mod that Tricled had that gives a wider view. I think it may also catch more wind. I just took the mirrors off and tightened all the screws. There is also a bolt right behind the mirrors that has a spring. I gave that a turn or 2 more tension.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I wish one of our resourceful aftermarket venders can come up with a replacement for the mirror base plate. One made of metal and not plastic. That plastic one has just too much give to it.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydernosor View Post
    Both mirrors shells fell off at the same time when riding on a bumpy road. One got crushed by the car following us and the other hit the road badly. Don't know if it is the road of the mirrors that should be fixed! Probably both. Anyway, both shells have been replaced under warranty. The dealer did a good job on that one. It seems to be a known issue. When I drive a car, I don't expect that the bumper will fall off on a bumpy road. The same should be true for the body parts of a Spyder. A simple screw could resolve that. I don't think that BRP would need many engineers to figure out that one.
    I may check on the warranty - I was on a rough road when it fell off.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    would not NOT hang air wings under the mirror. One of my riding partners lost a mirror because of them. PLus one of the other riders had to replace his tricled mirror lights because the mounting bolt cut his wires. The upper wings really do nothing as far as increasing or decreasing air flow
    Greybeard, are you actually using the air wings yourself? I have to disagree with you. Dennis in Lodi reckons they work, and I reckon they work, and the only time my mirror covers came loose was when I didn’t make sure the covers were securely fastened......and that was pre the air wings.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.