Thread: My first mod.

Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default My first mod.

Many more to come. Got the RT Dash mount from CNC Machine. I felt it was way to close to the dash, so I added a spacer and used longer screws. Much better and more space behind the bracket. Mounted my dash-cam on the mount but did not the use the RAM system. It looks too bulky. I made a small bracket that attaches directly to the mount "est voila". The camera is much closer the windshield. Also got the gadget with 12V cigarette lighter and two USB ports. (Walmart $13.66, delivered) Used 3M outdoor double stick tape. Solid like a rock. Now I can run a very short USB cord to power the camera. Finally to wire the power supply to the battery (10A fuse inline) I ran the wire, wrapped in heat shrink through the opening for the windshield arm. Plenty of space and ran the windshield up/down several time to make sure it doesn't bind. Perfect.
    I did many mods on my former Goldwing so I have some know how.
    Now, my next 2 projects is to replace the uggly horn, and put light in all storage compartments. I don't even know where the horn is located and how many plastic I have to remove to get to it.So, if anyone did this before, I can use a little help.
    Attached Images Attached Images