Spyder Garage

Default F3T--STUCK/CLOSED GLOVE BOX

Hello all, please assist
    brand new 2017 F3T
    just a pair of eyeglasses and small garage door opener remote--along with the native usb and audio wire and suddenly the lid/cover wont budge open...was working fine for past two weeks I've had the trike--
    (I am not sure does that door even have locking potential using the key/ignition slots)
    anyways, kindly look forward to anyones helpful hints I've what I've done wrong, or overlooking here..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    Hello all, please assist
    brand new 2017 F3T
    just a pair of eyeglasses and small garage door opener remote--along with the native usb and audio wire and suddenly the lid/cover wont budge open...was working fine for past two weeks I've had the trike--
    (I am not sure does that door even have locking potential using the key/ignition slots)
    anyways, kindly look forward to anyones helpful hints I've what I've done wrong, or overlooking here..
    There is no lock on the glove box. You must have something wedged in there. Pull firmly from the center, I’m sure you will get it open . Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Try pushing up with your thumb. Than lube the latch with white lithium grease.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had that problem on mine. The latch was so tight I couldn't open it without wedging my head of my key in there and twisting. After I opened it, I used some WD-40 on both sides of the latch and it's much easier. I carry a little bottle of it with me now, in case I ever need it.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default thank you all for good ideas

later in day, I will try out these suggestions---and report back --i just dont want to force it and break the latch or cover--thank you so much for replies

Spyder Garage

later in day, I will try out these suggestions---and report back --i just dont want to force it and break the latch or cover--thank you so much for replies
    If it was mine I would go real easy on using something sharp or abrasive such as your Spyder key ... Is there any vague chance you can get a little bit of one side 'pride' up a tad and have a go at the centre lock with the long extension plastic spray nozzle on a can of WD40 ... Yea it may make a mess in side, but hey ... that's easily cleaned up with an old rag or the like !

Spyder Garage

Default Good Result--Fixed--

With a little bit of force, the glove box opened--thank you for all that assisted with info here..it was just an extra tight fit at the latch which being new to the whole machine I wasnt familiar with..

Hello all, please assist
    brand new 2017 F3T

Spyder Garage

Mine was the exact same way when new. In fact, I would lubricate all of the hinges and locks and mating latches on the saddle bag doors. It just makes everything work better. The dealer gets a prep fee and this should be on the agenda. Another tip is to lubricate the rubber seal under the gas cap with silicone so it can be shut easier after fueling.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black