Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Sway Bar

I am the one that installed car tires, laser aligned, installed centramatic balances and Doc's belt tension then said I could not see how Ron's Sway Bar or anything could improve the handling of my Spyder. I got to say he convinced me to purchase one. Now I was wrong and he was right. I rode today in a wind of 40 to 45 mile an hour and passed a truck and meet a few on a two lane hiway. I could not believe the difference. It just seems to be planted to the road much better. Even on just a straight road in the wind it feels much better handling. I took several corners much faster than before I installed it and you feel much safer than without it. I is worth the cost. I don't see why Can Am does not change the sway bar but that would hurt Ron's sales which I would not want to see. He came up with the improvement.

Installation: The sway bar it self is real simple. Raising the Spyder is a little nerve racking. I had the rear tire on a block about 6 to 7 inches. Then I used two floor jacks one on each side to lift the front wheels. I jacked then up and place cement blocks under each tire then jacking each side about 3 to 4 inches at a time trying to get it level as possible until I got it high enough to place another cement block on top of the other blocks under each front wheel. Then I reset the floor jacks and lifted each side about another 4" and placed a 4" by 4" block on top of the cement blocks. I might not have needed them but I want to have it high enough and it was.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Made a lot of difference on my 2012rtl!! Ron's got a good thing there, ad is a great person to work with!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Made a lot of difference on my 2012rtl!! Ron's got a good thing there, ad is a great person to work with!!
    He is I have purchase several items from him. I have always receive his shipments in two to three days. I order the sway bar on Sunday afternoon and had it Wednesday morning mail.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Default I'm impressed

Good Heavens Gerald. You're over 80 years young and still able to
    handle such things? My hat is off to you!
    If you ever ryde to southeastern Ohio, be great to meet you.

At Spyderfest I met a man ryding a 2016RT-L who was 85.
    I'm 64 and handicapped but it's people like you that inspire me to
    do better.
    Buckeye Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    He is I have purchase several items from him. I have always receive his shipments in two to three days. I order the sway bar on Sunday afternoon and had it Wednesday morning mail.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Chuck 54 View Post
    Good Heavens Gerald. You're over 80 years young and still able to
    handle such things? My hat is off to you!
    If you ever ryde to southeastern Ohio, be great to meet you.

At Spyderfest I met a man ryding a 2016RT-L who was 85.
    I'm 64 and handicapped but it's people like you that inspire me to
    do better.
    Buckeye Chuck
    I admire you doing everything you do being handicapped. If you were not handicapped you would be doing everything I am doing and probably more. Right now I have three types of cancer but it is not getting me down. I am afraid I am going to lose my left eye from Melanoma cancer. Installing this sway bar was kinda hard with just one eye. I have had 37 months of Chemo and 30 radiation treatments but right now I am feeling good riding my Spyder and playing golf two to three times a week. The golf game is not real good with one eye. The eye is the only thing really bothering me right now. I have shots in it once a month because of the bleeding in it. I well have surgery this fall hoping it will save the eye. I don't want people feeling sorry for me with the good life I have had and 80 years old still doing what I like.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I admire you doing everything you do being handicapped. If you were not handicapped you would be doing everything I am doing and probably more. Right now I have three types of cancer but it is not getting me down. I am afraid I am going to lose my left eye from Melanoma cancer. Installing this sway bar was kinda hard with just one eye. I have had 37 months of Chemo and 30 radiation treatments but right now I am feeling good riding my Spyder and playing golf two to three times a week. The golf game is not real good with one eye. The eye is the only thing really bothering me right now. I have shots in it once a month because of the bleeding in it. I well have surgery this fall hoping it will save the eye. I don't want people feeling sorry for me with the good life I have had and 80 years old still doing what I like.

Gerald37

I just had a sway bar installed , the difference is huge , you'll love it. The key is to get the Spyder 24 inches in the air. I was just at Spyderfest and SpyderPops installed it at Lamonster garage. I hope you beat the eye thing and I hope to see you somewhere on the roads in Iowa.
    Best Wishes
    Kredab
    Last edited by Kredab; 05-09-2018 at 09:35 PM.

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Thanks very much for that feedback Gerald. If someone with as much experience as you, and someone who felt he couldn’t believe handling etc could be any better finds the BajaRon stabiliser bar a revelation, it speaks volumes for the product.

Here’s to many more years of riding for you, hopefully with two good eyes

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I made tons of changes on my F3s.. some good some not so... One of top 3 changes was definitely BajaRon Swaybar...!!!! still dont know how/why it makes such improvement, neither do I care.. It works and its awesome )))

I am the one that installed car tires, laser aligned, installed centramatic balances and Doc's belt tension then said I could not see how Ron's Sway Bar or anything could improve the handling of my Spyder. I got to say he convinced me to purchase one. Now I was wrong and he was right. I rode today in a wind of 40 to 45 mile an hour and passed a truck and meet a few on a two lane hiway. I could not believe the difference. It just seems to be planted to the road much better. Even on just a straight road in the wind it feels much better handling. I took several corners much faster than before I installed it and you feel much safer than without it. I is worth the cost. I don't see why Can Am does not change the sway bar but that would hurt Ron's sales which I would not want to see. He came up with the improvement.

Installation: The sway bar it self is real simple. Raising the Spyder is a little nerve racking. I had the rear tire on a block about 6 to 7 inches. Then I used two floor jacks one on each side to lift the front wheels. I jacked then up and place cement blocks under each tire then jacking each side about 3 to 4 inches at a time trying to get it level as possible until I got it high enough to place another cement block on top of the other blocks under each front wheel. Then I reset the floor jacks and lifted each side about another 4" and placed a 4" by 4" block on top of the cement blocks. I might not have needed them but I want to have it high enough and it was.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gerald... on "seeing the light!
    I had put one of Ron's bars on my 2010 RT, and had been REALLY impressed with the changes to that bike...
    Oddly enough: I never added one to my 2014: I thought that it handled pretty well...
    But since I DID put one on my 2018: I wish that I had I had put one on the previous bike.
    The difference is amazing!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Installation Charge

I am curious just what the normal installation charge is for installing the sway bar?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It normally ends up taking about an hour's worth of shop time...

Spyder Garage

I am curious just what the normal installation charge is for installing the sway bar?
    A local dealer quoted me $150 labor. I think I will recruit the help of a friend with a lift and do it with his help.

Spyder Garage

Default prices

A friend of mine had his installed at Dealer for $150, I just had mine put on at Spyderfest (Spyderpops) for total price of $328 , the bar is $288 off the internet......that's why I couldn't pass it up ......

Best money I spent to date

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

i did my daytona over a drain cover in the driveway no need to lift the spyder took about ten minutes. very happy with the results
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope that it was a storm drain... and not for a sewage line!
    (That would make your boots unusable!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So it is true, you can teach an old dig a new trick! I have had one on every Spyder since 2013, I wouldn’t own a Spyder without one.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When are you coming East?
    We need to talk about an alignment...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I hope that it was a storm drain... and not for a sewage line!
    (That would make your boots unusable!)
    didn't get in the drain just lowered sway bar down it
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a lift table with trike extensions. How would I go about lifting the RTL to install this puppy?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Spyder Garage

Listening to Ron at lunch last Saturday tell about how he got in the business, he really knows all about sway bar stuff. He had a very good story too about how he got into spark plug wires for the V-twins.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Believe me. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about Spyder owners enjoying their ride MORE!

I'm so glad you are happy with this upgrade. That's what it's all about!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Believe me. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about Spyder owners enjoying their ride MORE!

I'm so glad you are happy with this upgrade. That's what it's all about!
    I am very happy with the sway bar. There were so many people that had such good claims about the handling I just had try it. Thanks.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS