Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I think there are too many distractions on the RT. Specially with BRP connect on the 2018.

Anyone has comments or advice?
    Those things are only "distractions" if you LET them be.

My advice is to find a new '17, partly because of the discounts and partly because I think BRP really blew it with that "BRP connect" crap on the '18 models. I am really glad I got my '17 when I did. The '18 RT would NOT be an option for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good on you, your French is up to date!

I test rode the F3 Daytona today. I thought I would prefer the F3...but I don't. I like the low center of gravity, it allows more graceful turns! The handlebar on the Daytona is too wide. It emphasizes every little input / pressure on the grips. Easier to make the bike feel unstable. The forward peg position forces your legs to open up more.

So generally I prefer the seating position of the RT. I need to determine whether the u-fit system could allow me to replicate somewhat on the F3 the seating position of the RT.

One of the reasons I wanted to like the F3 is the price and the fact that it doesn't have as many gadgets, for example the audio system. I think there are too many distractions on the RT. Specially with BRP connect on the 2018.

F3-For

Price
    Low center of gravity, even more in corners, 90-degree turns
    No gadgets, no toys for distraction
    More opportunity to farkle

F3-Against

Seating position (maybe can me mitigated with u-fit, maybe adding floorboards)

RT-For

Seating position
    More comfortable, better wind protection, I like the power windshield

RT-Against

Price
    Higher center of gravity, not as nimble for 90-degree turns

Anyone has comments or advice?

Once again, thanks

JG
    i too went for the F3T based on price, and have some regrets that I did so. While I enjoy the F3T when riding solo, I think the RT is better when two-up, and if I had it to do over would have bought the RT.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

jbim...check your PM box
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    jbim...check your PM box
    Just did. Is Leeburg close to The Villages. We stayed at TV the last three winters.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Maximum Powersports in Hawkesbury.

The current one, a brand new 2018 RT 10th Anniversary is from Maximum, I made my decision based on price, can`t really comment on service yet but have not heard any negatives about them.
    I am working on a deal with Maximum. Should be done early next week. I'm 75% sure I will take the F3-S SE6 with 12V plug, windscreen, Shad cases and heated grips. With these accessories, the bike does what I want and it is $5000 less than a 2018 RT. He didn't have any 2017 RT's. He is the only one offering me a decent price on my BMW as trade.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I’ve dealt with Snow City Cycle in Toronto for a few years now , they are ok by me for service and Hans ( who sold me my Spyder ) was good to deal with . Good advice from the folks on here about test driving both , many have owned Spyders from the first model to the new F3 and RT . Good luck 👍
    I did my test ride at Bay Marine in Trenton, very nice people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    joining in NOV 2008 and still without a spyder??????? will you ever make the change, switch, feel time to go from 2 wheels to 3? maybe MORE time will tell!! I also liked them when first came out, I was drooling........until March 2017, and bought used 2015 RTL with 224 miles on March 15, 2017. matter of about 13 days of looking and thinking
    It will happen soon. I promise. Working on a deal right now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

c333ed40a9247ccda37400a4030379d1.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just did. Is Leeburg close to The Villages. We stayed at TV the last three winters.
    Yes, Leesburg, FL is just south of The Villages, about 20 minutes away. Villages is gargantuan compared to our nice, cozy little park. You're close enough in either Ontario or Florida that we're quite likely to cross paths. Hurry up and get that Spyder!! We ryde in ON for the summer, in FL during winter, and haul back and forth. We look for interesting backcountry roads and quaint little bistros in both places, as well as in between sometimes.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    haul back and forth
    What kind of trailer do you use?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Good luck!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

c333ed40a9247ccda37400a4030379d1.jpg
    I'ts going to happen sometimes next week. I am now debating between an accessorized F3-S, RT or F3L, in increasing order of $$$.

Spyder Garage

I am working on a deal with Maximum. Should be done early next week. I'm 75% sure I will take the F3-S SE6 with 12V plug, windscreen, Shad cases and heated grips. With these accessories, the bike does what I want and it is $5000 less than a 2018 RT. He didn't have any 2017 RT's. He is the only one offering me a decent price on my BMW as trade.
    I talk to Nick at Maxum ,seemed like an ok guy on the phone ,and the price i got was very good . But it is a 8 hr drive one way for me,so i bought local.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default my trailer (to answer your ?)

What kind of trailer do you use?
    Below are some pics of my rig. This is technically classed as 'home-made'; it was designed by Allan Irish, a fellow Spyder owner who lives close to you, to haul his Spyder RT to FL and back (ON); it was built locally by Excel Welding & Fabrication. Allan made a half-dozen round trips over the past 5 years, all without incident, then sold it to me when he moved up to a 'toy hauler'. Trailer is welded aluminum throughout, and weighs 350 lbs. Overall length is 12'; bed length is 96" and bed width between wheel wells is 66". Tires are 13". Rides on a 3500 lb. drop axle with leaf springs. Bed height is 12" above ground level; easy to load. In short, a strong, light weight trailer; doesn't have full floor or nose guard. A sort of 'minimalist' trailer. An RT will load with 2" clearance either side; my F3 has 3-1/2" either side; I use a 4"x4" wooden block on the outside of each front wheel to prevent sideways creep. Front wheels of Spyder ride against the short plates at front of bed, meaning that the nose (frunk) hangs somewhat over the spare and just misses the tongue jack. Photos show the tri-fold (hinged) side ramps which fold onto the side bed plates of the trailer; the third ramp for rear wheel lifts off and is bolted to the frame below the Spyder when travelling. Handles very well at Interstate speeds. I went south last fall without a cover and hit torrential rains; no problems. Coming back north, I used a BRP trailering cover, and found I got lots of dust collecting underneath; nothing a good bath won't fix. No other issues so far. Load-wise (with Spyder on-board), I'm hauling less than 1400 lbs. total, well within the capacity of both the trailer axle weight and my vehicle's towing ability. Could probably even tow it with my Spyder if I had a hitch. Very light to move around when storing.
    trl.jpgtrl1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bushrat; 05-12-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default 2017

65FE3353-A060-45EB-A64E-94B2E23156EF.jpg
    Saw this today at GP Bikes in Whitby, $27,000 asking , 3000kms on it
    Last edited by SteveP; 05-12-2018 at 02:49 PM.