Spyder Garage

Exclamation 2018 RT Limited review continued...

Well to continue my review of my bike, I wanted to post my buying experience that I had the day I purchased my bike.

1st: The people were really great. Along with the salesman as well.

2nd: The process involved was pretty straight forward. Of course, as with buying any new vehicle, there is a bit of paperwork..

3rd: The salesman was very nice, but I believe was lacking in the knowledge of the BRP Connect system. Which I believe wasn't all his fault. In my personal opinion, BRP should send all the dealers sales staff to some kind of training on the BRP Connect system.

4th: The sale person failed to inform me of the $90 MasterCard gift card form to fill out. Which would cover the purchase of the Navigation software for my smartphone. Which my wife found after the fact, in the trunk area of the bike. That being said, I went online like the card said to do, and was trying to fill out the info so I could get a refund on my purchase. Low and behold, when it told me to upload my Can-Am bill of sale and the receipt of my purchase of the Genius Map navigation, it wont let me upload my bill of sale on the bike. It asks for the VIN# etc.. I put all that in and it won't except my uploaded file. Not sure what thats all about, but afer about an hour trying to upload it, I gave up ans to heck with it. BRP thus far, minus how great the bike rides, has been a royal pain in the rear. When i go to upload the info about the bike, it shows it's uploading and never finishes past 95%.

So, i am still waiting to hear something back about from my previous issue. They have reached out to me on that, which I am happy about. But, i have a feeling it won't resolved before I head out to my motorcycle rally.

So if I don't hear anything back, I'm not sure what I am going to do.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default $90 Smartphone App?

Wow. Must be pretty awesome software...
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Melissa View Post
    Well to continue my review of my bike, I wanted to post my buying experience that I had the day I purchased my bike.

2nd: The process involved was pretty straight forward. Of course, as with buying any new vehicle, there is a bit of paperwork..

3rd: The salesman was very nice, but I believe was lacking in the knowledge of the BRP Connect system. Which I believe wasn't all his fault. In my personal opinion, BRP should send all the dealers sales staff to some kind of training on the BRP Connect system.

4th: The sale person failed to inform me of the $90 MasterCard gift card form to fill out. Which would cover the purchase of the Navigation software for my smartphone. Which my wife found after the fact, in the trunk area of the bike. That being said, I went online like the card said to do, and was trying to fill out the info so I could get a refund on my purchase. Low and behold, when it told me to upload my Can-Am bill of sale and the receipt of my purchase of the Genius Map navigation, it wont let me upload my bill of sale on the bike. It asks for the VIN# etc.. I put all that in and it won't except my uploaded file. Not sure what thats all about, but afer about an hour trying to upload it, I gave up ans to heck with it. BRP thus far, minus how great the bike rides, has been a royal pain in the rear. When i go to upload the info about the bike, it shows it's uploading and never finishes past 95%.

So, i am still waiting to hear something back about from my previous issue. They have reached out to me on that, which I am happy about. But, i have a feeling it won't resolved before I head out to my motorcycle rally.

Thanks
    As usual, the Marketing people seem to have dropped the ball. I won't go back and reiterate some of my "all time" favorites. We did not call one the "Sturgis" for anything smart though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Your dealer might be able to help you with that (uploading for the coupon).
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They will work with you to get this resolved. I had to email and email and email a few times to get the process to work and got the card. I also wasn't told about the added cost of Genius Maps nor the cash card. So I had to do a lot of leg work myself. Good luck.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT

What color RT did you get?
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    What color RT did you get?
    White

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    As usual, the Marketing people seem to have dropped the ball. I won't go back and reiterate some of my "all time" favorites. We did not call one the "Sturgis" for anything smart though.
    To be fare, it might not be marketing that dropped the ball.
    When I worked a Pontiac and Oldsmobile dealership, there were classes offered for sales people and shop managers to attend when the first diesels came out. Our dealership owner chose not to send anyone because "I can't afford to have you guys gone for 2 days".
    Then when we sold the first diesel to a person that only drove about 5 miles at a time and about 30 miles per week, the customer had nonstop problems with the car and the manufacture got blamed.
    Yes those first diesels were problem prone, but yet it the salesman had learned a little more about them, he would have known that diesels were not made for short trips in the winter time.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Melissa View Post

Thanks
    Hello @Jim&Melissa,

We apologize for the issues, but rest assure we are here to help to make the claim process as smooth as possible. Please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com. We would be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

It has been said on this forum many times, and it is all too true, that dealers are the absolute weakest link in the BRP chain. I have been told by folks at BRP that they don't really have a lot of control over dealers, but never got a deeper explanation as to why, and what they can or cannot "make" dealers do. I am now on my fourth dealer, and I believe I have finally found a winner. It only took 5 years and lots of complaints to BRP.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic