Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT CB Radio

Is there a way to integrate a CB radio on a 2018 RT Limited? I had that on my Goldwing and really miss it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mbenazeraf View Post
    Is there a way to integrate a CB radio on a 2018 RT Limited? I had that on my Goldwing and really miss it.
    Wish you had asked that question before you bought.

I'm pretty sure that the answer is NO.

J&M makes some good handle bar mount units but they would not really integrate with the rest of the stock system.......and I think you probably would end up using the OEM audio via the speakers and the CB audio in your helmet.

I think that BRP has made a HUGE MISTAKE with this audio system design change.
    But I'm a bit biased as I think that car makers are rushing into integrating their dashboards with a smart phone to fast without thinking it through too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Wish you had asked that question before you bought.

I'm pretty sure that the answer is NO.

J&M makes some good handle bar mount units but they would not really integrate with the rest of the stock system.......and I think you probably would end up using the OEM audio via the speakers and the CB audio in your helmet.

I think that BRP has made a HUGE MISTAKE with this audio system design change.
    But I'm a bit biased as I think that car makers are rushing into integrating their dashboards with a smart phone to fast without thinking it through too.
    Too bad. I understand some older Spyder's did or could have a CB integrated. Sad they removed that great feature. It is so helpful. And I agree the new system stinks. I paired my wireless headsets (driver/passenger) and I still don't get any sound when playing music. I think I'm starting to miss my Goldwing. Of well.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My local Spyder tech said the 2018 RTs do not have CB (CanAM) capability as BRP does not offer a harness that supports a CB as they did on 2017s and earlier. He may be wrong, but.....? The 2017 harness does not fit the 2018 which was changed.

FYI I have a CB on my 2002 Gold Wing and it is 3X better than the BRP CB I had on my 2014 RTLtd. Yes, my photo shows a CB antenna on Mr. White, but I am removing it and getting credit for it. Dealer can't get it to work so I will do without....sad but......

Last edited by Mr. White; 05-07-2018 at 12:38 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

MY CB WORKS AS WELL AS THE ONES ON MY WINGS.. THE SECRET IS GROUDING.. I ADDED AN EXTRA GROUND ON THE RADIO UNIT ITSELF AND ALSO ADDED TWO ADD GROUNDS TO THE ANTENNA.. I CAN TRANS AND RECIEVE WITH NO ISSUES

IT IS A BIT MORE DIFFICULT TO GET THE SETTINGS DIALED IN FOR BEST USE, BUT ONCE DONE IT WORKS WITH NO ISSUES.

THE WING WAS MUCH EASIER TO ADJUST AS FAR AS VOLUME AND SQUELCH BUT AFTER A FEW TIMES YOU CAN GET IT DIALED IN
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JIM EVANS View Post
    . I CAN TRANS AND RECIEVE WITH NO ISSUES
    My only real issue was keeping the VOX intercom settings from interfering with the other stuff.

What do you figure your average max. range is, bike to bike ?

Mine seems to be a little over a mile, limited by receive noise.
    The J&M on my other bike is limited to about the same range but with it I can hear farther than I can transmit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2 choices. One get J&M handlebar mounted CB/radio.

Two, I'm using a Midland Handheld CB with Sena bluetooth. I mount it to the center of the handlebars with RAM mounts and the Sena SR10 adapter is velcroed to the handlebars so I can touch the PTT button when I need to talk. there is a shielded power accessory that can empower it if you don't want it to use batteries. http://www.providence-spyder-accessories.com
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VOX Interference

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    My only real issue was keeping the VOX intercom settings from interfering with the other stuff.
    If you have the BRP CB on an RT, that is pretty easy to resolve -- at least if you are not carrying a passenger. Just turn VOX off by holding the volume down button (left hand control) when positioned on the far right (microphone) of the CB control screen.

All the best .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    If you have the BRP CB on an RT, that is pretty easy to resolve -- at least if you are not carrying a passenger. Just turn VOX off by holding the volume down button (left hand control) when positioned on the far right (microphone) of the CB control screen.

All the best .... Ann
    Yes. Figured that out after some experimentation.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes there is...

Give me a call, I will be happy to give you all the details.
    Dave
    209-887-3283

Quote Originally Posted by mbenazeraf View Post