Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

thanks again folks for great responses.....regarding throttle blipping, I was referring to the rev matching anyone who rides a motorcycle has to do when downshifting from a high speed, high gear, down to a lower speed, lower gear, when entering a turn, for example, to avoid upsetting the bike balance before turn-in. Using cars as an example, most all dual-clutch cars today do the throttle blipping for you as you paddle shift. You can actually hear the rev-matching taking place just as if you were performing the process yourself via the heel-toe process with a manual transmission, and the engagement of the lower gear is virtually undetectable from a balance standpoint . An out-of-town dealer I spoke to told me that the spyder does not do this with the semi-auto transmission. they explained that unless you slow down to a speed before engaging the lower gear to turn in, where the computer wants you to be from a rev standpoint, it will prevent the lower gear engagement. Sounds like from what folks here have said, that is hooey; they are able to downshift into the higher rev range of lower gears, when required, without an issue, so that's good enough for me....

Going to take a longer test ride this afternoon on the pearl white F3 and see what happens!

Thanks

Carolyn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Spyders DO match the rpm levels for the next gear chosen...
    My 2010 RT was pretty good at doing a HORRIBLE job of it...
    By the time I got my 2014 RT: they had it nicely sorted out...
    And the 2018 is even better!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

indeed. took another ride today, and pushed it a little bit. The system most definitely rev matches on downshifts. I tried all kinds of combinations to drop down into a lower gear at different ranges of the engine revs and the system shifted down every time with a nice blip.......

Spyder Garage

After V-Rods, you would probly prefer the F3-? I suggest trying the RT also. It might surprise you. After all, if you are test-riding, test more than one.

As to the course, you may find it helpful. I set up the course in the manual when we got W's Spyder. I had quite a few miles on her Spyder prior to the course, but it still helped me get to know the machine better.

HAPPY SHOPPING!!
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

started a separate thread regarding acquisition-it's a done deal !