Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPYDERFEST 2018

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST 2018

It may not have been the most BORING EVENT I've ever attended but if something were to happen to the most boring event---then I'm thinking Spyderfest 2018 would have a good chance for 1st place. Drove 1300 R/T miles to see a few Spyder stores inventory accompanied by an Arts & Crafts Exhibits I did meet some really nice people along the way but that was the highlight. I didn't expect the Daytona Bike Week or Sturgis activity but a single guitar player with some entertainment music would have been a nice touch. No comment on the event organization. I've already said enough negative comments. Local Columbus Bike & Spyder events would out rate Spyderfest 2018 by a very wide margin. There's a theory that in the end individuals would never regret the things they have done--they only would regret the things they didn't do. I found Spyderfest 2018 contrary to that theory.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

We had a bit of disappointment as well in vendors, but I think the Fest being moved back a week may have caused some of that. Vendors have to plan their deals as well, and if two events conflict, they have to go with where they think they'll do better. I would have liked to see more too, but it is what it is. If it's split between the two locations next year, I'll stay in Bolivar closer to the vendors. As for the rides, we didn't have any intention of going on the group rides. Been there and done that......not cool....We've been to the area before so I guided some friends on a few awesome rides off the beaten path. In the end, you make it what it is.....if you plan on someone making it fun for you, you'll be disappointed when it comes to an event of that size. We prefer our local Spyder group events as well. Spyderfest is too big and too spread out. Last year there were Spyders buzzing all over....This year it seemed like no one showed up until Saturday evening. And then the Saturday evening event was a disappointment too .....mehhhh.....JUST RIDE!!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2018

Spyderfest is gradually going down hill year by year.
    I would like to see Lamont and Joan have THE PREMIER event that draws thousands and BRP sponsorship. Now that would be a good rally. But as far as the pitbull rally, no thank you, im dont with him and his crap.

Spyder Garage

Default First and last

First of all I want to thank Andy Mauger from Florida and Mike AKA Blue Knight
    for helping me all week. Most especially my dear friend Buckeye Bleau, Joe Bleau.
    I had to visit Spyderfest once, and I did it.
    I'm handicapped and have a hard time getting around. These friends are the best!
    It was good to meet Lamont and Len too, good guys.

But this event is NOT handicapped friendly. I was able to squeeze between the isles
    of gear at Pit Bull and Pit Bull the Rock. Lamonsters too. But the rest room at the Rock
    was a joke, and not a funny one.
    I wanted to attend the dinner Saturday afternoon, but there was no parking for handicapped
    people. I'm not able to use my walker across acres of gravel. I pulled in and left 2 minutes later.
    Stopped and got a beer and anchovy pizza and went back to the room.
    Did a few unscheduled rides and it was very good.
    Joe and I travelled together and his help was invaluable.
    Thank you my friend!
    I'm looking into a new helmet!
    Buckeye Chuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never heard of any Spyder events in Columbus. Anybody else hear of any? Have any of you who are bitching about Spyderfest ever put on a rally? Its easy to complain, but a huge undertaking to put on a rally and unless you have done it, I think you should keep your hateful comments to yourself.

If this is what the Spyder community is turning into it is a sad, sad day.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Chuck 54 View Post
    First of all I want to thank Andy Mauger from Florida and Mike AKA Blue Knight
    for helping me all week. Most especially my dear friend Buckeye Bleau, Joe Bleau.
    I had to visit Spyderfest once, and I did it.
    I'm handicapped and have a hard time getting around. These friends are the best!
    It was good to meet Lamont and Len too, good guys.

But this event is NOT handicapped friendly. I was able to squeeze between the isles
    of gear at Pit Bull and Pit Bull the Rock. Lamonsters too. But the rest room at the Rock
    was a joke, and not a funny one.
    I wanted to attend the dinner Saturday afternoon, but there was no parking for handicapped
    people. I'm not able to use my walker across acres of gravel. I pulled in and left 2 minutes later.
    Stopped and got a beer and anchovy pizza and went back to the room.
    Did a few unscheduled rides and it was very good.
    Joe and I travelled together and his help was invaluable.
    Thank you my friend!
    I'm looking into a new helmet!
    Buckeye Chuck
    Chuck it was nice to finally meet you, sorry I was busy snd didn’t have much time to spend with you. There was handicap parking at the American Legion, we parked in the spot next to it, that handicap spot was empty when we arrived and still was empty when we left. It was right next to the building.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default It depends

As I wrote for the other thread:

For us (Jacque and myself) Spyderfest was an opportunity to return to Springfield, where both of us lived 40 years ago. We spent the majority of our time riding "memory lane" around town, seeing friends, and doing our own rides in the Ozarks. We are staying in an airbnb, and very happy with our place. As I write this we are still here and will be riding to Eureka Springs, AR today. We intend to head back to AZ on Thursday. It was a three day ride here, and I suspect it will be a three day ride home. We have both loved our time here.

As for event cost, I'd give it a 5 out of 5 as I think the preregistration fee was $35, and that included a $25 credit for clothing. That does not give the host enough dollars to put on a 4 day event. For me it was cheap and I'd gladly pay more for a more fully organized event.

For Spyderfest as an event I'd probably give it a 3 out of 5 as it was okay. The organized rides did not interest us and most of the minimal set of events were okay. The events at the dealership had so many people that there we no place to sit down. We liked meeting other riders and seeing the bikes, but got tired of standing up all of the time. The last evening was a zoo. I heard it estimated that there were 1200 people there. They did not handle the volume of people very well. I hope they learn from this event and improve it for next time.

For weather I'd give it a 5 out of 5. I've heard that rain and cold has been a problem in the past. Not this time.

As an opportunity to get items for our bikes I'd give it a 5 out of 5 as I got Elka shocks and sheepskins for my RT. Jacque got Lamonster's new gas cap, fog lights, and sheepskins for her F3S. Expensive, but stuff we really wanted. It was nice getting to know folks at Lamonster Garage (Lamont, Jason, etc), the Elka rep, and the wonderful couple that owns Misty Mountain Sheepskins.

For seeing old friends and locations I'd give it a 10 out of 5 as this was really the highlight.

For a 3 day ride from AZ to MO I found it tough. No rain, thank goodness, but the wind wore me out. I'm hoping for less wind and dry going home. We'll see.

I don't know if Pitbull people only put this all together or if there is a a group of additional folks that help arrange everything. This is a big enough deal that doing this as a dealer only event has got to be tough. Personally I can envision a phenomenal event if it were organized as an event in partnership with the area and beyond the dealership alone. However, this would take a strong leader, committed people, and likely a larger entrance fee.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default Different opinions OK !

I enjoy reading the differing opinions of this event that I am yet to make it to. Everyone will not have high praise for every event - some love it and some hate it - and all are entitled to their opinion. I will make my decisions to attend some events or not by what I learn from others.

Personally as I go to these events I am looking for organized rides - especially since I don't know the area. Also a few farkles - although I bought all that I want for my F3 last year at Spyders in the Ozarks. If I make it back to Springfield which I would like - I want to do more riding and make some new friends.

Thanks for the comments - your opinion counts!
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are always plusses and minuses for any event. MoGang will be putting out some questions and asking for feedback about Spyderfest, as they always do.

IMHO, it would be best to tell them about your issues - where the feedback will do some good.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I am amazed at the hateful remarks, this was a large event and i did what i thought was fun and avoided things that did not interest me. If you went there with the expectation that you would be treated like a rock star then you were disappointed, if you went there to see old friends and make new ones and to enjoy the camaraderie of the spyder family then you probably enjoyed the event like i did.

These events will never be able to please everyone, just the ones who attend that want to have fun.

I think Pitbull Powersports and the MoGang did a decent job and should be congratulated for it.

The price of the event was ridiculously cheap for the amount of fun we had.

At the LaQuinta where i was host, we had an evening party every night with good visitation of friends, if you did not stay at a host hotel you missed out on part of the fun.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We weren't able to go this year but will try to make it the next time. It sounds a little chaotic with that many people but as so many have said it's what you make it. And, we've never ridden that part of the country so it would be a good introduction.

I think successful events like this are important for the health of the Spyder community and I'd like to support it in some small way.

I also think it's important to hear what the detractors have to say. We can learn from everyone's experience, good or bad.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Labeling others as hateful.....

Unless I went to sleep and woke up in Russia I and others have a right to express our opinions. I love it when people don't like what you have to say and they label it as hate speech. I don't agree. This was my first SpyderFest. Yes I was expecting more. Yes I thought it was very disorganized. I went to Springfield Pitbull arriving on Tuesday on our Spyder. The sales person out front smoking a cigarette did not great us. We asked him where everyone was at for the Fest, he said he did know and stopped at that. Did not invite us in or ask if we where registered for the Fest. (yeah I understand it did start till the next day) Pitbull Springfield is putting on the event, I would think he would have volunteered some information, I thought well nothing going on here must be at the wrong place. We then drove the 38 (best roads I have ridde on) miles to the Rock. Cool place, was looking forward to seeing some early vendors (still Tuesday). Talked to everyone. I guess I was expecting someone to tell us what we needed to do or go. From talking with everyone we found out that the Main event was here at the Rock and ALL the vendors would at this location. (I admit I should have asked the right questions but did not, I guess I was still tired from the 12 hour drive on Monday) Wednesday we arrived at 7:00 AM, The Rock. We wanted to be first in line for Squared Away (Joe and Ann where great) We spent most of the morning checking out all other vendors. Spent close to $500 in toys and Shirts at the Rock. As we where going to go home on Thursday we thought we would go back to Pitbull Springsfield to get out T-shirts that we would get for Pre-Registering. ($49.00) We arrived at Springfield (38 mile ride again as we stayed in Springfield) and thought we get an early dinner. We go into Pitbull Springfield and let know that we are here for our T-shirt that we are leaving in the Morning. They said great here is the Promised voucher for your T's. Wonderful I would like a large please. The gals at the table tell us they don't have any T's for us, to use our Vouchers on!!! That we have to go back to the Rock to get our T's. I tell them We just drove 38 miles to get from there to here. No sympathy, no we are sorry. Just You should have read the information on the Web site. ( or the information was on Facebook, I don't use Facebook) Why wasn't the info on the web sight. This was the 9th year this event has been held!
    (yeah, I understand, this was the First time at the Rock) So it was all my fault that I did not "read the information" on the site. Sooooo, off we go, back (38 miles ride again total 152 miles) to get our T's.

We had a great time, loved meeting Lamont and seeing his place.

That is my opinion and this is still America, and ONLY real Americans can say how they feel about anything. (Fortunately hate speech is also still allowed and will always be allowed.) Free speech is American.

Chris
    One of the FIRST to own a Spyder 2008 No.2817 Premier Edition Spyder GS. I knew a good thing when I saw it!!

2016 F3-T, LED Headlights, Frnt. & Bck. Side Marker Lights, Back Frnt. Fender Lights, Trailer Hitch. Floor Boards Frnt. and Bck. Third Brake light. Cannonball seats. F4 24" windshileld. ( CAT Delete Pipe (muffler bck. on) ) 2003 Valkyrie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    We weren't able to go this year but will try to make it the next time. It sounds a little chaotic with that many people but as so many have said it's what you make it. And, we've never ridden that part of the country so it would be a good introduction.

I think successful events like this are important for the health of the Spyder community and I'd like to support it in some small way.

I also think it's important to hear what the detractors have to say. We can learn from everyone's experience, good or bad.
    with an event this large the amount of people could be a negative dealing with the crowd. I know for me the amount of people would not be an issue since I'm an extrovert, but would be for my wife since she is an introvert. The thing is Spyderfest (or any event) is what you want to put into it. I would have fun with doing the rides, looking at others bike's, and visiting. My wife would have fun with the ride's, looking at the bike's, and lounging around in the room.

If, in my opinion, someone did not have fun it is because they did not try to find anything to do. I planned to go this year, but things happen, so maybe next year.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Lots of Events in Columbus that are Motorcycles including Spyders,, Slingshots, etc

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Never heard of any Spyder events in Columbus. Anybody else hear of any? Have any of you who are bitching about Spyderfest ever put on a rally? Its easy to complain, but a huge undertaking to put on a rally and unless you have done it, I think you should keep your hateful comments to yourself.

Since you were a Vendor at this event I understand your positive feelings--Vendors make $$ Money at these events. I can think of over 1/2 dozen similar events in Columbus that greatly out rate Spyderfest 2018 on the activity-entertainment level. Most charge between Free to $5 with one that cost $10 for entrance to a huge indoor facility with multiple mfg product lines. Admittance fee is of no concern to me although paying to see facility inventory & getting a T-shirt to promote more advertising is not impressive.
    I'm happy to hear you did well financially at this event. If I typed anything that was incorrect I want to be one of the 1st to know about it--but I doubt. Hate Speech is a very nasty implication & I loose respect for anyone who uses that term incorrectly. I spent my time protecting the right of Free speech allowing people to voice their own opinion. Sincerely--E-5 Feit US Army 1964-1967.

Spyder Garage

Default Lack of Handicapped Facility Access

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

A sad sad day is to have an event of that size with ZERO consideration for the handicapped . The Rest Room facilities at the Rock were a sad joke. Estimating the crowd size it would have been wise to have a pull up restroom trailer with an included ramp entrance for those confined to a wheel chair. The handicapped gentleman made several valid points regarding access to a few locations.

If that event was held in Columbus without any consideration for the handicapped. The organizers would have received a $4 digit fine at each location. Shame on them for their lack of consideration placing financial consideration ahead of the handicapped individuals needs.
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

Wildrice, every rally/event/whatever-you-want-to-call-them are different. Each has their own flavor and you can't compare one to another fairly.

I've been going to a rally in Austin since '11. All they have is vendors, a concert at night, bike exhibition, and a demonstration during the day. The rest of the time, we make our own fun. Guess some people would get bored, but they don't return the next year. That's ok with me. To each their own.

The thing of it is this, I've been to some of the events you mentioned. Not impressed and would have headed back home if it weren't for the friends I was with. Friends made it an enjoyable experience. And yes, I made some new friends too.

With all the other events you go to in Columbus, which must be very fine events, why do you have to trash Spyderfest? What if I went to your favorite event in Columbus and trash talked it? It would probably be boring to me if I compared them to my favorite events.

I don't understand why people have to announce how miserable they were. If you didn't have a good time, it's your own fault.
    Last edited by Yazz; 05-08-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Since you were a Vendor at this event I understand your positive feelings--Vendors make $$ Money at these events. I can think of over 1/2 dozen similar events in Columbus that greatly out rate Spyderfest 2018 on the activity-entertainment level. Most charge between Free to $5 with one that cost $10 for entrance to a huge indoor facility with multiple mfg product lines. Admittance fee is of no concern to me although paying to see facility inventory & getting a T-shirt to promote more advertising is not impressive.
    I'm happy to hear you did well financially at this event. If I typed anything that was incorrect I want to be one of the 1st to know about it--but I doubt. Hate Speech is a very nasty implication & I loose respect for anyone who uses that term incorrectly. I spent my time protecting the right of Free speech allowing people to voice their own opinion. Sincerely--E-5 Feit US Army 1964-1967.
    The hate speech I was referring to was not in your post. Reread the early comments and you will see what I am talking about.

You are comparing non Spyder events to Soyderfest. Not comparable, sorry. I made no comment as to how we did financially, not really any of your business, i did say we had an awesome time and were very busy.

Sorry you didn’t like Spyderfest. Your loss.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Wildrice, every rally/event/whatever-you-want-to-call-them are different. Each has their own flavor and you can't compare one to another fairly.

I've been going to a rally in Austin since '11. All they have is vendors, a concert at night, bike exhibition, and a demonstration during the day. The rest of the time, we make our own fun. Guess some people would get bored, but they don't return the next year. That's ok with me. To each their own.

The thing of it is this, I've been to some of the events you mentioned. Not impressed and would have headed back home if it weren't for the friends I was with. Friends made it an enjoyable experience. And yes, I made some new friends too.

With all the other events you go to in Columbus, which must be very fine events, why do you have to trash Spyderfest? What if I went to your favorite event in Columbus and trash talked it? It would probably be boring to me if I compared them to my favorite events.

I don't understand why people have to announce how miserable they were. If you didn't have a good time, it's your own fault.
    Did you say a concert at night ?? I must have missed it :-( Exactly what demonstration did I miss? was my Handicapped comment trash talk to you? Did anyone else say they were disappointed? Yes--I am not into Political Correctness-.
    Last edited by Wildrice; 05-08-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

I may be wrong but what many of us don't realize is that Spyderfest is the effort of 2 groups: MoGang and Pitbull. They coplan, but one organizes and carries out the event, one provides the location(s). I liken it to your friends asking of they can have a party at your house or in this case both of your houses?

It seemed that there were too many events at the main location when The Rock could have handled the entire thing at once. Then to have other events offsite completely was something I did not understand at all.

As vendors we did less than projected, largely because everyone had vouchers to use at Pitbull for the shirts and hats we were selling outside. FYI- the vendors also had go to Springfield to Register, then back to Bolivar to work. We enjoyed ourselves but checked Spyderfest off the bucket list. Thumbs up to the staff at Pitbull The Rock, good job folks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Did you say a concert at night ?? I must have missed it :-( Exactly what demonstration did I miss? was my Handicapped comment trash talk to you? Did anyone else say they were disappointed? Yes--I am not into Political Correctness-.
    Guess you were holed up in you room when a great band played before the drive-in movie at the Springfield Pitbull. You missed it. Too bad. It's easier to complain than to do something about it.

About political correctness... I know there are hidden handicap and overt handicap people. The gentleman you didn't meet had problems navigating. He just needed to ask, and MoGang would have helped him.

Very sorry you only talked to one person while you were at Spyderfest. I said 'hello' to some people and they acted like I was offending them, or they just ignored me. Maybe you were one of those?

Really thinking your phishing to keep this thread alive...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default First Fest

I too was disappointed with Spyderfest. I also was expecting a lot more. As this is only my 3rd rally. 1st was BBB Fayetteville, 2nd Sturgis. SO as I read all this info from everyone I will have to say A BIG THANK YOU for all that put this on. My goal Thurs was to get an appointment for Laser Alignment but Squared Away was Squarely gone. S0 I picked up some LED headlights. The T shirts were pretty picked thru by the time I got there. On a budget so a host hotel was out and I think that was my mistake. Sounds like I would have had a better time at a host hotel. I don't know if they had a big party room or not but it would have been nice if this kind of info was known before hand. 1st thought was never again, but now I am saying maybe next year will be better.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is hard for me to believe some of this conversation, there seems to be far too much finger pointing.

First, I may be the most non-political person on this site. But I do still remember my mother teaching me, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!" That is just being a good and grcaious human being, it has nothing to do with political correctness.

I am close to someone else that was VERY unhappy about a few thing at the FEST and she made it very public on social media, that is just acting out, if you have criticism, direct it to the party or parties involved, not broadcast from the rooftops! That behaviour is just a means of self aggrandizement, so pat yourself on the back and take a bow.

I had issue with some things but then I too can find the negative in everything, I just prefer to focus on the positive, then I have a better attitude. I hqd to laugh at many of these posts, one person compared Spyderfest to his trip to Sturgis, really that was your expectation?

Anyway, enjoy the colors and the situations that you encounter, dwelling on the shortcomings will only ruin your day!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Guess you were holed up in you room when a great band played before the drive-in movie at the Springfield Pitbull. You missed it. Too bad. It's easier to complain than to do something about it.

About political correctness... I know there are hidden handicap and overt handicap people. The gentleman you didn't meet had problems navigating. He just needed to ask, and MoGang would have helped him.

Very sorry you only talked to one person while you were at Spyderfest. I said 'hello' to some people and they acted like I was offending them, or they just ignored me. Maybe you were one of those?

Really thinking your phishing to keep this thread alive...
    "All they have is vendors, a concert at night, bike exhibition, and a demonstration during the day." A concert at night has turned into "One Band Played before a drive in movie".

"
    Very sorry you only talked to one person" Actually I talked to a lot of people.

"
    I said 'hello' to some people and they acted like I was offending them, or they just ignored me"
    Maybe those people just recognized a BS'r---everyone I said hello to or talked with were very pleasant people--no one ignored me. Plus how would you possibly know where I was or what I was doing?

Don't get me wrong---I like good quality BS--unfortunately your's don't fall into the Good Quality category.

Everything I say is the truth--not so with you. This is my last post on this topic. Your BS is getting higher than my boots.
    Adios Yazz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan12 View Post
    I too was disappointed with Spyderfest. I also was expecting a lot more. As this is only my 3rd rally. 1st was BBB Fayetteville, 2nd Sturgis. SO as I read all this info from everyone I will have to say A BIG THANK YOU for all that put this on. My goal Thurs was to get an appointment for Laser Alignment but Squared Away was Squarely gone. S0 I picked up some LED headlights. The T shirts were pretty picked thru by the time I got there. On a budget so a host hotel was out and I think that was my mistake. Sounds like I would have had a better time at a host hotel. I don't know if they had a big party room or not but it would have been nice if this kind of info was known before hand. 1st thought was never again, but now I am saying maybe next year will be better.
    I don’t know what time you got there on Thursday but we were there from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. We started a little late on Thursday due to the rain but we were there, and busy all day. Our banner was up with our phone number on it so you could have called.

And please do not try to compare ANY Spyder event to Sturgis or BBB. The attendance at Sturgis is a number that is close to the TOTAL number of Spyders ever sold. So unless every Spyder on the planet were to come to Spyderfest, you would have been disappointed. EDIT: The attendance at Sturgis in 2017 was 480,000 people. It was at Spyderfest in 2015 or 2016 when BRP delivered the 100,000th Spyder.

The Courtyard Marriott had an awesome courtyard with a huge gas fire and tons of seating. It was the gathering place every night.
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 05-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyderfest is a small group of volunteers...who all have real jobs and no one gets paid.....Pitbull gave away 3 Freedom trailers....basically made $10 off of registration.....10 X 600 (or more...not sure of the head count) = $6000......that covered 2 trailers.....plus all the drinks....the burgers and brats.....t-shirts for staff and MoGang...the different bands...electricity...and the list goes on and on.....difficult to compare to BBB or Sturgis....the budget is completely different.....as far as the rides go...one year you plan organized rides...few show up...next year you have fewer organized rides and people are unhappy....flip a coin....personally I think staying at one of the host hotels is best cause you see the same people everyday and more likely to start a friendship......and the Marriott Courtyard had a wonderful fire pit...lots of seating....had a bar...or allowed you to have your own drinks....when more people came to visit...there were more chairs brought out so everyone had a seat.....I had a fabulous time....hope y'all try to come next year...it will be the 10th anniversary...if should be epic.....be there or be square

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder