Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPYDERFEST 2018

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jchawkjr View Post
    As I understand it, you must be present at the dinner Saturday night to win the trailer?
    That is correct...had to be present to win....there were some really excited winners....even for the small stuff....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRESENT OR ?????

As I understand it, you must be present at the dinner Saturday night to win the trailer?
    Yes and three people who weren't at the Dinner... WON.... trailers but didn't get them because they weren't present. So other numbers were picked ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

So out of a weeks worth of activities, I may have missed out on a trailer because I couldn't attend this one event? Paid my money like everyone else. Next year, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yes and three people who weren't at the Dinner... WON.... trailers but didn't get them because they weren't present. So other numbers were picked ...... Mike

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

So out of a weeks worth of activities, I may have missed out on a trailer because I couldn't attend this one event? Paid my money like everyone else. Next year, I'm out.
    Oh come on! Almost every raffle requires you to be present to win, including most other Spyder events. 3 people who attended the dinner won.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sure, but it would have been nice to know that. I put my name and number on the little red ticket and that's all was said about it.

Didn't even "get the T shirt", got a $25 coupon for stuff that they were "out of".

Rode up to Bolivar and had to park in the dirt because they didn't think to park cars and trucks there.

More arts & craft flea market types than vendors.

Tried to talk to someone in pitbull parts and service for half an hour and gave up.

Come to think of it, I'm out of here too.

The only folks that did not enjoy it were the ones who did not try. Sorry if that offends you but it is what it is.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The only folks that did not enjoy it were the ones who did not try. Sorry if that offends you but it is what it is.

Cruzr Joe

I enjoyed it, and I wasn't even there. Still waiting for my hat Joe. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

the Spyderfest is like everything else in life. you get out of it, what you put into it. if i am given lemons I make lemonaid. this was my second year and I enjoyed myself. I went on solo rides and ate at my favorite places. I don't think anyone should be accountable for someones enjoyment.

Spyder Garage

Sure, but it would have been nice to know that. I put my name and number on the little red ticket and that's all was said about it.

Didn't even "get the T shirt", got a $25 coupon for stuff that they were "out of".

Rode up to Bolivar and had to park in the dirt because they didn't think to park cars and trucks there.

More arts & craft flea market types than vendors.

Tried to talk to someone in pitbull parts and service for half an hour and gave up.

Come to think of it, I'm out of here too.

ok.....well....................................... ..Bye

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure, but it would have been nice to know that. I put my name and number on the little red ticket and that's all was said about it. Didn't even "get the T shirt", got a $25 coupon for stuff that they were "out of". Rode up to Bolivar and had to park in the dirt because they didn't think to park cars and trucks there. More arts & craft flea market types than vendors. Tried to talk to someone in pitbull parts and service for half an hour and gave up. Come to think of it, I'm out of here too.
    I have to wonder just what you were expecting to get out of the experience. Is it possible your expectations were unrealistic?

Also, are you often disappointed in others? Are you expecting others to entertain you, to help you enjoy yourself?

I've got a strong feeling Spyderfest is not the first time you have felt let down by an event.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-10-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default My two cents worth of helpful criticism

This was our 6th Spyderfest. It was good but I do wish that Mogang and Pitbull understand that not everyone uses Social Media. There has to be better communication about the event(s).

The evening of Saturday at the VFW Post was poorly thought of. Not enough seats at all for the group. Some of us that don't stand up for long periods of time had no place to sit down other then the ground or on pallets that were stacked in the back.

When serving food to this many people and only having one line is ridiculous. Also allowing people to serve themselves makes that line go even slower. So we elected to NOT eat at Saturday night's event.

I know that Len said next year will be the 10th year and they are going to knock it out of the ball park according to him. This year things got caught up with opening a new location and moving the original store to the new location and also opening up another store in Joplin. So things got hectic.

I do agree that Spyderfest shirts etc., should have been at both locations, especially for the one's who didn't want to ride all the way back to the other location.

IT was a good event, was good to see old friends again and had no issues at the hotel we have stayed at for years. Would have liked to have seen more from BRP at this event. They weren't really making a presence this year for what reason I don't know. They had a couple of representatives there but we only knew of that when we heard it at the Saturday Night Dinner event.

Raffle tickets should be just one color, and names should be on them all. Reading numbers and different colors for different tickets was a nice idea but took a long time to do that part of things Saturday Night. Also, that should be done earlier in the evening, not so late after the sunset's as it's hard to see in the dark, and people with poor eyesight don't want to drive at night per say.

People are right it does take a lot to put something like this together and we will see what they do for next year. I hope MoGang can reach out to all of us to allow all of us to put our input in about things so they can improve as well. Overall though it was a good event and they did what they could. Thanks MOGANG and Pitbull Powersports!!!!!

For what it is worth, that is my two cents worth! Take it for what it is!

Last edited by Elembytes; 05-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Elembytes, the BRP crew was easy to pick out. They were anout the only 20 somethings in attendance! Not saying we are an old crowd but we are old!

Good feedback on the dinner. We got there late and were too tired to stand in line for food so we also ate elsewhere.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This was our 6th SF (or maybe 7th). We've also worked at putting on other events on a local and national level with volunteer staff. We've learned to pick and choose what we're want to do, as there is plenty in thearea. We don't need to be entertained but certainly enjoyed what we attended. We took advantage to reconnect with friends we onlysee at SF, especially around the firepit at the hotel. Yes, this year was different, but the weather was fine.

Over the years we've given back (a little) to the event and rolled up our sleeves to help; see the second statement as to why. From that glimpse behind the scenes, there is a fine group of volunteers that make this event happen. We've been to Daytona twice: there is no personal attention or connection, unlike SF. Sturgis is just too big, and is about the party not the people.

For us, we will be back to SF 10, the best vote of confidence I can give.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    ....personally I think staying at one of the host hotels is best cause you see the same people everyday and more likely to start a friendship......and the Marriott Courtyard had a wonderful fire pit...lots of seating....
    Bingo … that is probably the best advice to anyone attending Spyderfest (or any event, for that matter)! If there is a host hotel, take advantage of the rates (usually negotiated lower for a group), and take in the full breadth of the event. Now, I have never been to Spyderfest, so I have no opinion one way or the other … but I do know, from personal experience, putting on an event such as this is no easy task. My hat is off to MOGANG for all they did this year, in past years, and will likely do next year! And with all that Pitbull had going on this year (new locations, moves, and such), it can't have been easy to provide the assistance that MOGANG simply must have.

As Prairie_Spyder (and others) have said … when MOGANG reaches out for comments and recommendations -- please take the time to respond (and no need to be nasty when you do). I am sure they will take it all in and work on making the event even better next year.

All the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

As stated elsewhere there were some divisive elements during this years' Spyderfest.
    The community has grown and disagreements have developed.

Which is exactly what happens when interests begin to diversify.
    And, when done in a competitive spirit, it makes everyone better off.
    Better farkles, better prices and room for friendly arguments as to who offers the best.

It's too easy to lose sight of what our community is.
    It hasn't been, and I hope it won't be, a purely market driven thing.
    While this Spyderfest I wasn't at too many garherings, those that I did attend I had no trouble
    finding folks to talk to.
    I had great conversations ranging from belt tensioners, hyper expensive farm machinery and the best way tp prepare ribs for the barby.

I enjoyed this past SF and hope that our community can weather and grow with the changes that are inevitable by-products of growth and diversity.

As pointed out by SpyderAnne, most of us are of a certain mature age.
    We all grew up, if not in the same area, the same relative time period.
    We share that plus a passion for the odd three wheeled wonder from Quebec.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    This was our 6th Spyderfest. It was good but I do wish that Mogang and Pitbull understand that not everyone uses Social Media. There has to be better communication about the event(s).

The evening of Saturday at the VFW Post was poorly thought of. Not enough seats at all for the group. Some of us that don't stand up for long periods of time had no place to sit down other then the ground or on pallets that were stacked in the back.

When serving food to this many people and only having one line is ridiculous. Also allowing people to serve themselves makes that line go even slower. So we elected to NOT eat at Saturday night's event.

I know that Len said next year will be the 10th year and they are going to knock it out of the ball park according to him. This year things got caught up with opening a new location and moving the original store to the new location and also opening up another store in Joplin. So things got hectic.

I do agree that Spyderfest shirts etc., should have been at both locations, especially for the one's who didn't want to ride all the way back to the other location.

IT was a good event, was good to see old friends again and had no issues at the hotel we have stayed at for years. Would have liked to have seen more from BRP at this event. They weren't really making a presence this year for what reason I don't know. They had a couple of representatives there but we only knew of that when we heard it at the Saturday Night Dinner event.

Raffle tickets should be just one color, and names should be on them all. Reading numbers and different colors for different tickets was a nice idea but took a long time to do that part of things Saturday Night. Also, that should be done earlier in the evening, not so late after the sunset's as it's hard to see in the dark, and people with poor eyesight don't want to drive at night per say.

People are right it does take a lot to put something like this together and we will see what they do for next year. I hope MoGang can reach out to all of us to allow all of us to put our input in about things so they can improve as well. Overall though it was a good event and they did what they could. Thanks MOGANG and Pitbull Powersports!!!!!

For what it is worth, that is my two cents worth! Take it for what it is!

Some good points made...the food lines should have been multiple, more places to sit, and probably a big tent there at the VFW would have worked well. The drawing was painful and too drug out. I like the drawing in place of the auction though. Next year I would like to see Len draw tickets and the number he draws be put up on a big screen in the order that they get drawn. That way he could draw, announce the number once and put it up on the screen. If someone isn't there to pick up their winnings, then draw again after a certain time. I think the drawing ticked a lot of people off and a lot of folks got so frustrated that they left. But like I said, it was better than the auctions from years past. A lot of folks, ourselves included needed to load/pack up on Saturday evening and be on the road early Sunday. It would have been nice to wrap up the Sat event by 9pm. I enjoyed the whole week and plan to go back. Each year is different, some things improve, and others don't. Ya can't please everyone with everything
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

This was my first rally/Spyderfest. I am not sure what I expected, the event schedules offered no explanation of each event. Because I am new to this sort of thing, I may not have understood what was going on. I really wanted to do Outlaw Racing, which was postponed (let's be real it was canceled). Are these just mainly a cash grab/shopping event? It was cool to see the vendors and their wares, but I can shop online without paying for the privilege. I donkt want to harsh on anyone's hard work, and I am sure my dissatisfaction is my own due to lack of experience.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST 18

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhead View Post
    This was my first rally/Spyderfest. I am not sure what I expected, the event schedules offered no explanation of each event. Because I am new to this sort of thing, I may not have understood what was going on. I really wanted to do Outlaw Racing, which was postponed (let's be real it was canceled). Are these just mainly a cash grab/shopping event? It was cool to see the vendors and their wares, but I can shop online without paying for the privilege. I donkt want to harsh on anyone's hard work, and I am sure my dissatisfaction is my own due to lack of experience.
    and .... " LACK OF EXPERIENCE " ...... I missed the first three ( didn't know about them ) , but this one was my 6th ...... and I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it ...... re. " Outlaw Racing , I don't think most knew that this was NOT really a part of Spyderfest ( they had no input or cash, they did put it on the program ) .... This event was going to be PRIVATELY funded in it's entirety by Joy and Jeff .....it was a B-day present from Her husband Jeff...... AND it poured rain .... No one drag races on a wet track ..... and to you .... Both of Pitbull's facilities were built this year so I'm surprised it even took place. I'm sure 98% of the negative comments about Spyderfest 18, were from folks who have NEVER put on an event of this magnitude...... think of it this was - having 20 people over for Thanksgiving is nothing compared to creating a Spyderfest .........jmho ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    and .... " LACK OF EXPERIENCE " ...... I missed the first three ( didn't know about them ) , but this one was my 6th ...... and I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it ...... re. " Outlaw Racing , I don't think most knew that this was NOT really a part of Spyderfest ( they had no input or cash, they did put it on the program ) .... This event was going to be PRIVATELY funded in it's entirety by Joy and Jeff .....it was a B-day present from Her husband Jeff...... AND it poured rain .... No one drag races on a wet track ..... and to you .... Both of Pitbull's facilities were built this year so I'm surprised it even took place. I'm sure 98% of the negative comments about Spyderfest 18, were from folks who have NEVER put on an event of this magnitude...... think of it this was - having 20 people over for Thanksgiving is nothing compared to creating a Spyderfest .........jmho ...... Mike
    Thank you for your input. I don't know who these people are you spoke of. I am not sure how I was to know it was not part of Spyderfest since it was scheduled and on Spyderfest's site.

I do understand that these events take a lot of work. I know this from my own experiences.

I have noticed that there is a vibe that Spyderfest is beyond criticism. My intent is not to offend, but merely offer my insight as a completely new person to this type of event.

As I do not have a wealth of experience with bike rallies, the main advice I am seeing is stay at a host hotel for parties to maximize enjoyment and create bonds. I thank the group for this advice.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhead View Post
    Thank you for your input. I don't know who these people are you spoke of. I am not sure how I was to know it was not part of Spyderfest since it was scheduled and on Spyderfest's site. I do understand that these events take a lot of work. I know this from my own experiences. I have noticed that there is a vibe that Spyderfest is beyond criticism. My intent is not to offend, but merely offer my insight as a completely new person to this type of event. As I do not have a wealth of experience with bike rallies, the main advice I am seeing is stay at a host hotel for parties to maximize enjoyment and create bonds. I thank the group for this advice.
    IMHO you will be a welcome addition to the forum with your objectivity and rationality.
    2014 RTL Platinum