Spyder Garage

Default Price not withstanding ....

I am going to be purchasing a Spyder in the very near future. Thanks to certain disabilities after a 2 wheel accident and other ortho problems, I am looking at getting a F3 Limited.

IF price were not an issue (I know there are some very good deals out there for the 2017), would you all recommend a 2017 or 2018?

Many thanks ....

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a 2017 F3 Limited over a 2018. I think they rushed production on the new display and have heard there is connect problems that BRP needs to still work out. Plus there are some hot deals on the 2017's.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Definitely the 2017. Too many bugs yet to be worked out on the 2018s.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coffenut View Post
    I am going to be purchasing a Spyder in the very near future. Thanks to certain disabilities after a 2 wheel accident and other ortho problems, I am looking at getting a F3 Limited.

IF price were not an issue (I know there are some very good deals out there for the 2017), would you all recommend a 2017 or 2018?

Many thanks ....
    CoffeeNut, IT depends, are you a "Early Adopter" and love integrated electronics and solving different new situations that come up? Get the '18. I'm sure that BRP will iron out any issues the field testers discover on their new '18's. You're definitely getting a tested engine and drivetrain that the 14's and later have all had. The biggest difference I've discerned is the dash. Smoak's video about the Dash sounds like we'd all be VERY pleased with the visibility of the dash.
    Myself, I'm driving my '13 until it's worn out or I get some sort of inheritance or miracle lottery winnings. But I'm certain I'm gonna be driving a Spyder until they peel my cold dead hands off the bars.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coffenut View Post

Many thanks ....
    I`m looking at a Spyder as well and I`m thinking 2017 for the deals as well as not being a big fan of the new display. I see it as an added distraction that could be the cause of an accident. I like to keep my stuff simple. I do listen to a bit of music but thru headsets in my helmet connected to my phone (and I stop to change and activate it) and I have a separate GPS from another bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Definitely the 2017. Too many bugs yet to be worked out on the 2018s.
    This.

I am extremely glad that I got my '17 when I did.
    One of the reasons I considered the Spyder in the first place was the (relatively) easy to use totally integrated audio system with CB.
    Now that they have FUBARed that, I would have to be looking for a Goldwing trike, probably.

Spyder Garage

Just buy both a 2017 and 2018, and then let us know which one you like better and why.
    Ride each one every other day, Let us know which one was easier to learn etc.

Then keep the one you like best and sell the other.

Spyder Garage

IMO--better deals to be had on 2017's if you can find them. I was a beta tester in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2014. So far--did not get burned.

I am not in the market for a 2018--and this go around will be waiting. I don't like electronic glitches. Not enough other things to get me to bite. Both mine are paid for and running fine at 30K miles each.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buy The Bike.jpg

Either way: you'll be smiling more than you are right now!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Still doing my research, but if I got a great deal on exactly what I wanted, I'd go for the '17. Otherwise I have no problem going for the '18.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would recommend anything from a 2014 and up. They are about the same and prices on used models are really good. If the mileage warrants it go for a 2014 or 15 ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I would recommend anything from a 2014 and up. They are about the same and prices on used models are really good. If the mileage warrants it go for a 2014 or 15 ...
    Yeah, but then you have to consider things like whether you want a trunk or not, blitz. Sure you can add one to a pre 17 F3-L, but you can’t beat having it on from the factory.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red