Spyder Garage

Default Will a 205/60 work on my 2015 F3 S

It does not have alot of room between fender and tire. Tried a 60 on my RSS and it was too tight. Or should I do a 205/55 which is almost the same as 225/50?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    It does not have alot of room between fender and tire. Tried a 60 on my RSS and it was too tight. Or should I do a 205/55 which is almost the same as 225/50?
    I use to run a 215/60/15 on my 08 GS Spyder. I am now running a 205/55/15 Yokohama S drive on back and really like the tire. I cannot comment on mileage, but wet and dry traction is excellent. I'm running it at 18 psi. I know the 60 series will lower your rpm's but I like the 205/55/15 tire.JMO
    David

Spyder Garage

Was also thinking about the Yoko S so thanks for the info. Just didnt know if a 60 would fit.

Spyder Garage

Default 60

the 60 will fit....
    i have the Michelin Hydro-Edge 215/60-R15 on the rear of my F3, and it works just fine....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Thanks Spyd. Will look more.

Spyder Garage

Just order the Michelin Defender in the 205/60/15 size from Tirerack. I have the Yokohama S Drive and the middle is to wear bars at under 9,000 miles. Been running it at 18 lbs. one up. Great tire but want to check out the new Defender.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    Just order the Michelin Defender in the 205/60/15 size from Tirerack. I have the Yokohama S Drive and the middle is to wear bars at under 9,000 miles. Been running it at 18 lbs. one up. Great tire but want to check out the new Defender.
    Something else is wrong here. We normally see 16k or so miles or more on the S-Drive. I have 16 on mine and while its coming up for replacement before my fall trip, its not down to the wear bars and is wearing evenly across its face. We recommend 24 psi in the S-drive and they wear even. I am NOT easy on my tires. Lots of hot starts, tire spinning and general fun. I suspect my wifes will go 20k.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

What else could it be? Lower pressure should wear the outside first, not the inside. I ride “agresssively” but don’t spin the rear tire on take off. The outside of the tire has plenty left.

Spyder Garage

I know that plenty of other folks are using this tire and can chime in as to what mileage they are getting.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    I know that plenty of other folks are using this tire and can chime in as to what mileage they are getting.

The mileage I gave you is based on having installed over 50 of these on customers bikes. Lots of ride history to show how long they last. Low pressure does not ALWAYS wear the outside edge, it depends on construction of the tire and how it reshapes at speed. Just guessing here but perhaps the Yoko, with low pressure, balloons like the Kenda does at speed such that its riding on the center tread only going down the highway.

Yours is the first I have heard to be warn prior to 10k miles. We have seen quite a few make it past 20. 16 seems to be about an average.

There are tires that will last longer, but at the loss of traction.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The mileage I gave you is based on having installed over 50 of these on customers bikes. Lots of ride history to show how long they last. Low pressure does not ALWAYS wear the outside edge, it depends on construction of the tire and how it reshapes at speed. Just guessing here but perhaps the Yoko, with low pressure, balloons like the Kenda does at speed such that its riding on the center tread only going down the highway.

Yours is the first I have heard to be warn prior to 10k miles. We have seen quite a few make it past 20. 16 seems to be about an average.

There are tires that will last longer, but at the loss of traction.
    Going to run 16 psi in the life of mine and will post the final mileage. Like yourself I don't ride it easy. Only bad thing here in Mississippi the have the grey rock that they use to pave the road. Like running on very abrasive roads and eats tires quickly. So my tire wear will be greater than most other states. But I do like the Yokohama tire. If I can get 10 to 12 thousand I will be happy.
    David