Spyder Garage

Default Currently down in Florida

I am currently down in Venice, Fl, due to some health/medical issues that my parents are going thru. Not sure of my timeline, but I have to assist them in sorting out some potential life choices facing them.
    I did tow the Spyder down and intend to ride it whenever I can secure some free time, so if anyone sees a Cognac ST-S running around the Sarasota-Venice-Northport areas, that will be me. The weather is magnificent this time of year.
    Doesn't seem like the other bikers are very friendly down here. I have been out twice and gotten two waves out of about 100+ other bikes on the road - haha.
    Have to admit that I rode today minus my windscreen because of some damage and have not yet installed the new one yet. It was an extremely pleasant sensation feeling the wind hitting me in the front. I did however, wear my boots, long pants, jacket and helmet w/face shield in spite of some of the other riders in their sneakers, shorts, tank tops and bare heads. Oh well, to each his or her own......
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear...

Hope you will be able to help sort things out. Spent a lot of time in Florida but did not have a spyder at the time. It will be nice if you do get the time to get some ryding in.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Wish I had known and wish you had been here Sat or Sun.
    Could have shown you some country riding, out Clay Gulley Road, over to Sweetwater, and around. Many of the roads I ride have no power lines along them, thus no houses and no people (lots of cows, goats, and horses) and darn few cars/trucks.
    We don't have the scenery of the hills but we do have empty country roads with groves, pastures, woodlands, and tomato fields. Lots of wildlife to see, hawks, eagles, deer, and buzzards (once in a while a gator).
    Would offer to meet today but am working. Tomorrow is a surgery day that will take me off the Spyder for ten days or up to six weeks.
    Be careful in the Venice/Northport traffic. It is no fun. Watch for the tipsy drivers at 6 pm. They hit the early bird specials at 5 and then drive home half in the bag after a couple martinis And stay off River Road from 6:30 to 9 am and 3:30 to7 pm-not a good place to ride.

Lots to see and the weather will be perfect with no rain in sight.
    And not all on two wheels are unfriendly, just most of 'em.
    Love bugs are here and they come out after 10 am. They will make a mess on your windshield (or you if it's not on) and your paint. Get them cleaned off after every ride. They can damage the paint.
    Hit the Myakka State Park up on SR72. 5 bucks for bikes and a nice slow ride through nature- take the airboat ride on the lake-you'll see fifty gators and hundreds of birds. Grab some sharks teeth at the Venice beach.
    Be a tourist-you'll enjoy yourself. Many nice people around too.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wish all of you the best.

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your stay! We came down to St Pete in the early 80's and never went back. We are still exploring! http://www.finzfinds.com will take you to a website with recommendations for some great rides in the area.