Spyder Garage

Default Rentals for Spyders (in Ohio & elsewhere)

I've a buddy visiting me from West of the Rockies with a goal of attending the SpyderQuest rally in the mid-West (5-9 September). But, it's rather too far for him to bring his Spyder .... so I'm looking for options to rent a Spyder so we can ride two trikes together to Lake George, NY, from NE Ohio. We're ready to make a trip out of the search for a rental trike before/after the Rally, but I don't know where to turn.

So, some questions:

1. Does anyone know of a listing of dealers <<or individuals>> who will rent a Spyder for a few days, week or longer to folks with Spyder-riding experience (+ insurance, etc.). We're thinking $100-125/day, plus mileage, for a private arrangement ~~ is this in the ballpark?

2. Is there any interest in bringing together a national listing of rental locations?

3. Any ideas on how to solve my dilemma?

(I've already been pointed to: https://www.eaglerider.com/cam-am-rentals. Thanks, Steve.)

Thanks for your input ... Caven (2014 RT, yellow, unadorned with farkles and probably staying that way, NE Ohio).
    Last edited by Caven; 04-30-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Caven Mcloughlin; caven@kent.edu

Spyder Garage

Default Hawaii Spyder Rental

Reference previous post saying that there is no Spyder rental in Hawaii any more. Perhaps that might have been right at the time, but my wife and I rented a Spyder from them yesterday here in Waikiki and had a blast for 5 hours. Circled Tantalus Drive, over to Kaneohe, past Diamond Head and all sorts of other places I can neither pronounce nor spell. The Spyder was delivered direct to our hotel within an hour and they picked it there also. Cost was under $200 including gas, insurance, taxes, etc., not cheap as a rental but cheap for Hawaii entertainment.

As for the rental, it was an older model (RS, maybe) with a backrest for passenger. They provide either half helmets or modular which we used, or you can skip it because Hawaii doesn't require helmets. Rode well but be aware, it had a manual transmission and the clutch was heavy enough that my hand got tired by the end of the day - much heavier than my old BMW F700, by comparison. Also, this Spyder had a LOUD muffler, ear-splittingly so. It was so loud we had to pull over to talk ... not good. If you go, ask them for a semi automatic with a quiet muffler (or at least bring earplugs!). In spite of these issues, my wife and I both had a great time and highly recommend the company: www.hawaiispyders.com.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 11-10-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: computer issue
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

There's a dealer in Kalamazoo, MI that rents them:
    https://www.indianmotorcycleofkalama...entalInventory

Spyder Garage

just because you see a spyder on a website doesn't mean it has not been sold or moved out of the rental pool or reserved for another customer it can take many many hours on the phone to find something $199.00 a day should be ballpark two day minimum
    2018 F3s , Gold